Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

We just met and this is crazy, but here's my number....
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dante Darkheart
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm Post subject: We just met and this is crazy, but here's my number.... Reply with quote

So call me maybe?

I've been wanting to do that for a while now but haven't started anything new lately. Anywho...

I'm new to Atlantic and just wanted to officially say "hi". So; Hi! I came from Catskills where I had been Rping since the beginning nearly. I had my fun there but the community has kind of died off or they play odd hours of the day. So it's been hard to RP there for the last few years.   I just started a character a week ago and just started RPing the other night. I've met a handful of people who have all been very fun and helpful. I also started my own guild though it doesn't exist in any In character terms.  For now it's just a way to manage my characters which at this point consists of my main (Dante Darkheart) and my mules. So if you see a character running around with a V__V tag or a Clan Darkheart Title it's just little old me.  

Right now I'm avoiding RP with my mules though I have some plans in the future. I just want to learn a little more about the shard history  before I jump in with them.   I will be playing them as native Atlantians but want to get a little history first. 
As with Dante he is my character that I've played on Catskills for over a decade now. As far as I know he is the oldest vampire still played on Catskills. I have brought him to Atlantic in an In Character way so he will act and react as a new comer to the shard and he will have several years of experience guiding his decisions. I do hold myself to a high level of RP but I do my best to not disparage anyone who isn't as experienced or doesn't take it as seriously as me. 

Ultimately I'd like to get him back in a similar position as he was on Catskills where he is as one friend once put it "an evil Puppeteer" of sorts. So I am really curious about where all the evil folks hang out and how they operate. Even if they don't fit into his plans he's still going to want someone to brag to if possible. 

If all goes well I will probably drop a house on Catskills and raise a house here on Atlantic.  But for now I have Dante living out of his ships' hold hat he has docked in Jhelom.   Though he has been spending time skill grinding Margery and Necromancy in the Necromancer's school in Haven and in Umbra.  So I may need some help finding a spot to place a house. He is a secretive type of character who often has henchmen do his dirty work so something large enough to accommodate an underground liar and perhaps a few extra bed rooms for his servants.  

I have been regularly and randomly using the Chat channel to shout out for nightly RP and it seems to be working fairly well but I do have ICQ that I am making a point to use.  I also have AIM, YIM, and MSN messenger though I only have those running on my phone so don't really check those.

ICQ 281-841-379
AIM bbbrrroooccckkk1
MSN bbbrrr000ccckkk1@hotmail.com
Yahoo brock.kloster@yahoo.com
Email Dante_darkheart@hotmail.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camuel
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Atlantic Dante!

I've seen you a couple times now at the Traders Retreat, it has been a pleasure RPing with you. As far as where The Evil hangs out I just returned after a few years off so can't say with any certainty but, It appears that the current evil would be the Dark Order and the Atallin. I know due to IRL situations the Atalin is not overly active right now but they are in game from time to time as I know them personally they will be more active as time permits. However, I do not wish to speak for either, just wanted to welcome you to the shard.

P.S. As someone that once played a Vampire, I like the way you play your vampire and not make it obvious to all. I know the other night I jokingly emoted *looks at mouth* when you said you needed to leave to get a bite to eat, I had no idea you were a vampire. I just sometimes forget I’m not a vampire anymore.

Look forward to seeing around.

Camuel
Trillin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take a look at the "Guilds of Atlantic Public Forums" section of the ARPC forums, there is a list of guilds most of which have information in them.

some "Evil-ish" guilds from the list are;

The Atalan
- a race of creatures alchemically created by people known as the Uviel'en roughly 1100 years ago.
- Guild Leader: Asimov (Bloodroot)

Harbinger Orc Clan
- Typical Orc society and clan, This particular clan has love for both warfare and bloodshed.
- Guild Leader: Kurb'da PwNub (Harbinger Orc Chief)

The Dark Order
- An evil militaristic order, whoms only acceptable religion is that of Oblivion.
- Guild Leader: Imryrr Armunn (Warlord)

The Zog Cabal
- known also as the Followers of Armageddon.
-Guild Leader: Cear Dallben
Cerys ab'Amudosa
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Atlantic! Hope you like it here. I saw you as I was logging out, but I am sure I will run into you IC sooner or later. Very Happy
Wynn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent gotten a chance to meet you in game but cant wait to rp with you. Welcome =)
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome welcome
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
NightShade
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dante,

We have rp'd....

Had a lot of fun!

Look forward to seeing more of ya. I am a member of the darling Zog Cabal and a Puppeteer of sorts myself..
aulbrey
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to atlantic
Dante Darkheart
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So just a few updates....

I thought I'd let everyone know my usual hours that I play. I will be available to play Monday through Thursday from 6pm central (7pm eastern) until about midnight-ish. Fridays are date nights with the girlfriend so if I'm on she's not happy. Which means I'm not happy. Then I might be online on Satuday and Sundays but I don't want to put anything definite down.

Also I was able to place a house on Avatar Isle in Felucia about a mini-map's distance north north-west of the Fire Temple. I built it up as an abandoned temple that Dante has made into a makeshift home. I'm not sure that will be the final design but it will work for now.

I tried doing the EM event but then the power went out for 5 minutes. Which was probably a good thing because the event was kind of boring anyway and it was hard to keep up with the EM's speech as too many people were talking at the same time. Once the power came back on an I had rebooted my router I went back to Catskills and gutted my newly condemned house there. The plan is to move some of my prized possessions over with a shard transfer.

So not an all time great night for RP but fairly productive non the less.

Also the vampire play style I use is not as based on Vampire: the Masquerade as guilds like the Solvanto Syndicate use but is similarly inspired by it. I can't really base my Vampire RP style off of VtM as much. Excuse started RPing as a vampire several years before most of those books were even published. For the first few years I really was a weak RPer; meta-gaming, and god modding were pretty common for the time but then S^S came along and really forced people to up their game and did a lot to even the playing field so there just couldn't be a bunch of 10000000000000+ year old vamps running around killing people with dirty looks. The play style really focuses on putting limitation on yourself and forces you to come up with alternate solutions as opposed to just saying something and it being so. Also S^S focused on hiding the fact that you are a vamp which Dante agrees with from a practical stand point but from an Idealogical stand point he hates. If he had things his way vampires would be the ruling class and humans would be cattle. So in the small part of Catskills that Dante controls everyone knows he is a vampire because they fear him above all else and dare not betray his secret to outsiders. Since Dante is an outsider and probably will be for sometime on Atlantic he will have to hide his true nature so that he can pass amongst humans and feed with ease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lady Avella
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

We simply must meet for lunch sometime.
Mei Fa Lo
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am Post subject: In every now and then. Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the shard!
I RP a vampire, Im in every now and then. Usually pretty regularly on Monday nights at 2100 Eastern.
Hope to see ya around.
Starfire
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:42 pm Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

icq me at 84982692 or call in general chat for Tatiana Thorn. I am always willing to help out. I have some helpful locations for your artistes.
Molly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! If you have an alt you want to place in a lightish guild (NOT Paladin! We follow the Virtues AND the Elven ways - Tree huggers and reduce reuse recycle your magic so some Necro skills and spell weaving is encouraged)
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Starfire
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:38 pm Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

It was nice to meet you tonight. Holler if i can be of any help
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Your house on fire island is badass. If you see me wander by again hit me up in RP chat and i'll show you how to make a quick silver in Hythloth Twisted Evil

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: