The Atlantic Mage Tower Presents: Pure Mages
By Tiffric, Keeper of the Stone
A "PURE MAGE" is many things...
- It is a dedication to a playing style.
- It is an aversion to all armor and weapons.
- It is a LOVE of magery for the sake of magery alone.
What is a Pure Mage? My opinion:
- It is the feeling you get, when you go into a dungeon knowing that you have naught to protect you but your skill at your chosen craft.
- It is a feeling of superiority you get when you enter a dungeon and those around are encased in their shells of metal and are carrying their weapons of mass destruction, and here you stand clothed only in your tunic and pants and they come to you shouting "OOooOOoooOO", for you to res them. And yet you survived.
- It is the hours of game time you have put into you character not macroing or powergaming, but of real work to build a mage you are proud of, one that can walk around and have the respect of others. Not because he is the most powerful player in the game... ( he is not), but because he plays with the confidence that he believes in what he does, and does not deviate from that path.
- Knowing that he is defenseless as armor and weapons go, he has learned his craft to where he can survive most anywhere alone, by using his wits and skills. He also knows that DEATH is but a step in the wrong direction away for him. He still chooses to follow his path, though other paths have proven to be easier.
Being a "PURE MAGE" is a frame of mind, and is not a style for the faint of heart. Sure there are many times that you die, and many more times that you wish that you had armor and a weapon to protect you, but the feeling you get after battling a Lich Lord or Balron and surviving is worth every effort you have made.
For those of you who do not know Tiffric, he is a Grandmaster Mage, Master Scribe, and Keeper of the Stone for the Atlantic Mage Tower.
No Llamas were injured during the creation of this webpage. But they did learn about pure mages.