Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Kingdom Poem: The History of Asur’Herenion

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Isilmea
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:51 am Post subject: A Kingdom Poem: The History of Asur’Herenion Reply with quote

A Kingdom Poem: The History of Asur’Herenion: A Final Farewell to All

Vanda sina termaruva Elenna·nórëo alcar enyalien ar Elendil vorondo voronwë. Nai tiruvantes i hárar mahalmassen mi Númen ar i Eru i or ilyë mahalmar eä tennoio.

*An old poem found in the Elven library, tucked in a book.*

Khyl cries out, having learned his mother's dead,
The young prince runs out, thoughts racing through his head.
Narae spreads doom, killing kindred as he goes,
As young Khyl hides in fear, following 'ere Saint Jack will go.
Emerald eyes gaze through the past and watch anon....

And time passes on...
Time passes on.

The Kingdom is revived, and for all elves there is hope.
Sparhawk's running wild, and running out of Rhama's rope.
Karyn and Rhama wed, and all the elves resound,
Word spreads like wildfire that the elves shall have a town.
King Khyl's filled with pride that his daughter's grown...

And time passes on...
Time passes on.
The wind blows north,
The wind blows south,
Two lives are born,
Two lives, snuffed out...

The only thing that stays the same is...everything changes...
Everything changes.
Rhama hides himself, because his love is gone,
but Sil and Isilmea are with him after all.
King Khyl, he is gone, leaving only his memory,
His spear is in the ground, beneath his favorite tree.
Emerald eyes, and those of Brown, they watch anon...
And time passes on...
Time passes on.

Khyl stands, auburn hair lightly flowing in a westward wind. Pride and sadness, measured by the weight of the passing of centuries, earned through both peace and sorrow, are evident in his eyes as he gazes from afar across the sea, watching anon.
"They'll be alright, won't they Nai?" He asks quietly, regarding the silver-haired, black-clad elf standing beside him.
Silence reigns for a long moment before Nai replies.
"They will, old friend. They will."

The winds blow north,
The winds blow south,
Two lives rise to the call,
Two lives fall.

Isilmea and Sil do the best they can…
The Kingdom wakes and the Elves come unto the land.
Asur’Herenion stands strong and grand.
Music and laughter fill Asur’Herenion as the Elves finally have found peace, joy and happiness.
In their joy they try to spread their Elven blessings to others.
Molly watches her children with a great love in her heart.

Yet deep within these lands is a pure Evil that seeks to destroy all that is good… Some know it is there yet they do not do what they should… One by one the Elves start to fall…
A river of tears fills the Kingdom Halls…

Would be one called Alexander whom walked the lands
To come to Asur’Herenion to save the Dran’s.

The winds blow north…
The winds blow south…
A Kingdom is born…
A King is crowned…

Alexander took the crown.
He did not know the power it holds:
To tame a King, To warm the colds,
lay open the holds, Captured in but a ring.
His time was grand yet to an end it came.
Sadness was felt as his journey took up again.
Alexander and Teukelytha were to travel on.
Yet part of them will always be Asur’Herenion.

And the winds blow north…
The winds blow south…
A King had come…

Isilmea stands atop of the Elven Palace watching Alexander ride off on top of Teukelytha a tear flows down her cheek. “Will he be alright father?” Rhama stood by his daughter, his dark hair blowing in the wind. “He will Isilmea, he will.”

And time passes on...
Time passes on.
The wind blows north,
The wind blows south,

Upon the winds do carry to the Elven Queen words from her brother as he whispers to her on the Western Winds.

Isil... Isil...
*childish laughter can be heard that sounds like her brother*

Don't grab my ears...

Isil.... Isil... Don't shed any tears.

I am The Sea, I am the waves, I am the wind in you hair.

I am with you in spirit. Down here in the deep I have always cried out. But as you sail past I will go without...

* a much more grown voice of your brother can be heard*

Isil... Isil...

I am always here Isil...

I have always loved you and the hardest thing for me to ever do in my life, was to... Say Goodbye.

No matter where you go, no matter what you do, I will always be the voice to cry to. We both have found love; we both have found peace. Now we must both find a way to speak. I am 7 leagues under the sea... Entombed in a grave that man will ever see. Yet with your own strength, and heart so pure, my voice shall scream to be the whisper you heard.

From now until eternity do our path stay separate, but my heart and voice are yours forever more.

Fear not the sea Isilmea, For your voyage will be calm and swift. Send my love back to grandfather and tell him to be proud. For his grandson died a hero.

Isil... Isil... Do not cry for me. I am with you now, Eternally I shall be.

Love conquers all obstacles

your brother's eternal spirit.

Silmadil

The wind blows north,
The wind blows south,
And time passes on...
Time passes on.

Isilmea whispers to the winds: "I shall always love you Silmadil..."

The wind blows north,
The wind blows south,
And time passes on...
Time passes on.

The Elven Queen with pain in her heart...
Gathers all she loves and tells them it is time for her to go.
She gives them all the treasures she holds dear as she tells each one she shall forever hold them in her heart…
It was when she was to say good-bye to Alex that her eyes did fill with tears…
Into his hand a golden ring she did place… as she told him to please keep all the Elves safe…
She placed with her mother the Elven Kingdom lands…
With words of love and a final Namárië…Isilmea sailed to Eldamar.

And time passes on...
Time passes on.
The wind blows north,
The wind blows south
And time passes on…

Namárië Molly and all…

*At the bottom of the poem, there are two symbols. One is the symbol of infinity...and the other is the seal of the Asur'Herenion. *

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

She came to look for a few things that Isil said she had left for her and Martin. She thought to herself that if Martin came home any time soon she would like them there for him. She didn't really expect him, as he had been away nearly all of a year with visits she could count on one hand, but she knew she would have to face going to the Palace eventually and this gave her a reason to go.

As she walks into the main hall the early morning sun, beams through the archways giving the illusion that it was heaven and all was well with the world. It was a warm feeling of pure light.

She wanders through the portal to the library floor where Isil had said the box was. Finding a book on a table she reads the title. Elvensong was what it said in highelf. She smiles as she flips through the pages. As she does the melodies softly float from the pages filling the air with music or was it her imagination. No matter it was still beautiful.

She takes the book to the shelf and straightens some of the others. One is out of place. As she picks it up to move it to its proper place a hand written parchment slips from its pages landing on the floor bathed in the soft light pouring in the window. She leans down to see what it is and recognizes the words on the page. She sets her hand down on the warm floor and sits there in the beams of light reading the contents of the parchment.

At each stanza she reads a few more tears roll down her cheeks. When she gets to the part of Sil's death she has to stop reading for she can no longer see the words for the tears in her eyes. She looks up and blinks them back as she swallows the lump that has formed in her throat. She reads the next line, knowing what the next line will hold. Softly she whispers to the wind...I love you Sil and always will, you were never forgotten in my heart Thoughts of her running her hand along his soft blonde hair and kissing his cheek enter her mind.

She takes several deep breaths and returns to reading the poem of the Kingdom.

Tears flow freely as she finishes the last line and she holds the parchment close to her chest. Isil...little one...I love you. In her mind's eye she touches her cheek and kisses her forehead as she did when she was a child.

Again she whispers to the breeze...My heart, my life, my children, my family, my friends; this place will stand as a shrine to your memory and will ring again with elvensong. This I promise you. I will not let your memory die away and become a mystical song on the summer breeze.

She remains there sitting quietly...remembering...the tears, the laughter, the joy and the pain of times gone by.

She whispers in elvensong

The wind blows north,
The wind blows south
And time passes on…

Namárië my loves, Namárië

Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: