Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

You've become lazy...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:21 pm Post subject: You've become lazy... Reply with quote

*Vaen had just recently finished his studies in the Book of Chivalry. He closed it, and left it on the table. Peering outside of the door, he saw his father, Firal Swiftar, standing on the second floor, peering outside the window. Vaen laughed a bit to himself, and then got up to start walking over to him.*

Vaen: Father, what are you up to?

Firal: What do you mean, son?

Vaen: You've been around the house for weeks. You haven't gone out mining. You've become lazy...

Firal laughed.

Firal: I suppose you're right, Vaen. Perhaps I should go back to mining day in and day out in the Minoc mines. Just, you've been bringing us back so much money, I was hoping I could retire on your account.

Vaen shook his head.

Vaen: I only became wealthy because I worked hard.

Vaen thought for a moment, and then laughed.

Vaen: This is a complete role reversal here, father. You're the one that's supposed to tell me to get out and make money. Not me-you!

Firal nodded.

Firal: Much has changed. I suppose I'll go ready up the beetle and gather some pickaxes and head to the Minoc mines.

Vaen smiled.

Vaen: Good. And when you get back, maybe you could attempt to craft me some more weapons, mm?

Firal gave Vaen a stern look.

Firal: Vaen, I already crafted you a powerful katana. Your armor is some of the strongest I've ever seen, and your shield is just... well, it's... yeah. You know what I mean. Why would you ever want something better?

Vaen shrugged.

Vaen: Couldn't hurt, could it?

Firal: If you rely too much on your wonderous armor and weapons, a time will come when they will not be readily available to you, and then what?

Vaen: I know, father. I've been practicing with some of the armor you made me before. Long before you attained the level of skill you are at now.

Firal: Good. It is not a bad thing to have decent weapons and armor. But to rely on them, that is indeed a fatal mistake.

Vaen nodded in agreement.

Vaen: Are you giving me a lecture in order to procrastinate going out and mining?

Firal: Did it work?

Vaen: No.

Firal sighed.

Firal: Very well. I will see you for dinner? Or will you be visiting that little female friend of yours?

Vaen chuckled.

Vaen: I think I will be seeing her.

Firal: Hrmm, son?

Vaen: Yes, father?

Firal: Have we had... "the talk" yet?

Vaen: .... Long time ago, father.

Firal: So then you know that you should....

Vaen: YES, Father. Yes, yes I do. Are you going now?

Firal: Oh, of course. Yes, yes. Goodbye.

Vaen: Goodbye, father.

*Firal went downstairs and readied himself on his beetle, and then made his way towards Minoc to mine ore in the mines there.*
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: