Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The First Lesson from the Dark Emperor

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rufus Oryan
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:13 am Post subject: The First Lesson from the Dark Emperor Reply with quote

There were often occasions where Rufus was without sleep. There were times where something within him drew him to seek out knowledge he had been prepared for…knowledge that would be handed to him. This windy night was one of those occurrences. He made sure that his garments were properly in order and asked that Jaime Lannister accompany him on his trip. Rufus packed lightly for the short trip that was ahead of him. As he pulled his gold robe from the chest in his bedchamber, Jaime, one of his most trusted Honor Guards, taps on the door lightly…

“Sir, all preparations are made for the trip. Where might we be going?”

Rufus looked up slowly with seriousness about his face, “The frozen graveyard of Caina…City of the dead.”

In moments the two fellows garbed in Gold and Royal blue mounted their steeds, walking into a moongate that frozen, wicked winds blow from. In moments, they would be at the steps of Aggoroth. As the icy gusts passed their faces, Rufus lowered his head a bit to shield his eyes from the winds. With a quick glance and nod to Jaime, they entered the cold fortress and made their way through its cold iron doors, to meet with Emperor Alarin. As they entered, a shadowed black figure stood on the far end of the room. The Black Carapace would echo words through the halls of the stone building, “Hello Oryan. Time has done you well I see…” Within this Carapace was Alarin, an odd, powerful glow emanated from his being, and the power could be sensed in his words. It may have seemed strange to an onlooker…if any were to exist in complete sanity within those walls, but Rufus was rather calm and accepting of the words Alarin tossed to him. As he looked at the Carapace, he spoke confidently, “Aye Alarin. It seems time is a factor, we should move quickly, yes.” Alarin’s glow lilt up the darkened halls, he peered at Rufus, staring in his eyes, “Heed my warning Oryan, where we are about to venture will aid in the process of you accepting my lesson. Understand that hostile spirits remain there and will tear at every inch of your being…” A grim smile crossed Alarin’s face.

For brief periods, moments, seconds, Silence echoed through the halls of the cold black fortress. After taking in several cleansing breaths, Rufus looked to the weakened Emperor, “Will this lesson take away from the path’s I walk…will it remove me from my faiths in balance?” Alarin slowly took a few steps forward, standing just before Rufus. In a moment, Jaime had moved to Rufus’s side, drawing his shield and sword. A laugh came from the blackened Carapace, “When I am too weak to attack you, you bring a bodyguard.” Rufus glanced to Jaime and extended his hand just before him, as a signal to stand down. “ What is a weapon alone? A sword does not cut a child itself. The use of the weapon or skill is determined by its wielder.” Alarin stated in a serious tone. As he inched closer to Rufus, a cold wind began to blow throughout the halls. “Within the Well of Souls lay tortured spirits, angered, but once human like yourself. With knowledge of Spiritmancy, you will be able to harness and control these energies. I have prepared you to receive this knowledge, do you accept?

Rufus took in a deep breath and nodded slowly, “Aye, I am ready.” As the cold doors swung open, Alarin began to make his way toward them, the cold winds blowing his cape all about, “Understand that meditation is key in this process, you seem to be a man familiar with meditation. These souls will ravage your heart, and meditation at the well will help you embrace their energies…” Rufus turned to Jaime and nodded slowly as they watched the dark figure disappear into the snow. They made their way into the icy planes, wandering shortly to the Well.

As they neared the home of the angered souls, an apparent uneasiness entered Rufus’s body. As he and Jaime dismounted to enter the cold chamber where the Emperor stood, they looked to each other, readying themselves for what may lay inside. Rufus entered slowly, every inch of his being was overwhelmed by feelings of unhappiness, pain, and sorrow. He slowly placed his hand to his heart as he took in a deep breath, gathering himself. Alarin extended his hands to his sides, “These souls will tear about your being, for they rest hear, tortured. Will you control them? Will you answer them? Harness their power Oryan, but first, understand and accept them.” Rufus narrows his eyes, his body became heavy, energies of all sorts coursed through his body. Only calming his soul would subdue the vengeful spirits about him.

“Meditation will aid you in calming these spirits. You will know when you are ready. For it took me sometime to find when I was ready…but I had to understand what I am. Gundath… To understand the ways of Spiritmancy, you must seek out the Gundath, and understand it. Meditate and begin your journey Oryan…you will find your answers in time.” Rufus Looked to Alarin and nodded, brushing the crescent marking under his eye, “Mayhaps you should rest in your weakend state, I shall tend to this meditation…and begin my search.”

With howling wind and a nod, Alarin exited the chamber, returning to Aggoroth. After moments of Silence, Jaime kneeled next to the Regent, “Sir, is everything alright?” Rufus glanced to the cold floor, and nodded, “Aye, that it is…we will soon acquire a tool, and use it properly, tis all.” Jaime nodded, and returned to his position at the entrance.

As the cold winds of Caina blew about, Rufus remain within the Well of Souls, meditating and calming his own spirit. With the coming of the next day, he exited the chamber, walking by Jaime he muttered, “Today we begin our Search for Gundath, and learn of and accept Spiritmancy…”
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: