Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Page from a Journal: Dealing with Kard

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:08 pm Post subject: Page from a Journal: Dealing with Kard Reply with quote

It was late in the eventide when I happened to ride up to Hanse's Hostel. I dismounted from my beloved Buttercup, and taking up my walking staff I shuffled into the tavern.

Inwardly I grimaced as I tried to shake off the coldness in my bones. I have been feeling not entirely myself since placing the protective spell upon Ditto to keep the baby safe. Some have remarked that I have grown pale.

As I walked in I saw a gathering near the front doors of the tavern. There was Kard Ticklesong, and Tatiana and a few others talking. Even though I had not rinsed the dust of the road from my throat, I stumbled over Kard. Tatiana quickly gave me a chair, and I gingerly lowered myself into it.

I apologized for my having stumbled into Kard. He did not seem upset.

He and I sat and talked for some time. We were discussing simple things such as each other's health. I lied when I said I was fit and fine.

But then, the conversation drifted to something different. We were discussing deeds of a nonsensical nature. The final gist was this.

Kard dared me to go and kill a centaur and bring the centaur's bow back to him. The only catch, I had to wear only the clothes I was wearing. A simple black fancy shirt, my boots, and my kilt.

I agreed to the challenge, and went back outside. I mounted Buttercup and pulling on his reins he reared up and pawed the air with his hooves. And then I was off.

I rode as if the hounds of hell, or an angry husband were at my heels.

I ran past the gauntlet of Reapers and Imps at the Portal to the Shrine of Justice, and followed the road to Mistas. Then, I paused at the camp of the gypsies. I closed my eyes and meditated a moment, then girding myself for another run... I was off into Mistas and beyond.

I was not accosted until I passed through into the area near the abandoned library of Mistas, the same place where I had done much research concerning Vahn Shino.

Immediately, the sprites were upon me.. but luck was with me... I found a centaur, and we did battle..

I was severely wounded having been hit with four arrows and a few glancing fireballs from the sprites... but I overcame the centaur, and slew him. I searched through his belongings and found the bow...

After placing it into my pack, I rode hard... back to Sanctus and the Hostel. When I arrived, I was steal bleeding, but Kard was gone.

I had wished to thank him for such an exciting, albeit short lived contest.

Then I saw that the Hellspawn that has taken possession of Vahn was there...

(rest of page is smeared with blood and unreadable)
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: