Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Attention UOAssist users!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:35 am Post subject: Attention UOAssist users! Reply with quote

As we know, UoAssist is one of the only osi approved 3rd party programs.

Its uber, lots of extra stuff.

But heres what most of you don't know:

type -help in game. If you are running UOA, it will spam your journal with a LOT of neat commands.

Among the two most useful:

-reducecpu (this will lower your CPU usage. If your not paying attention to UO, and not in a crowded area, use this, and it will make it use a lot less CPU power. It takes up only 25% or so of my CPU, and its 1.7 ghz.)

-releasemem (says it releases memory held by UO. if youve been IG a while, try this... it will remove a lot of junk so you can run other stuff smoother.)

Enjoy!
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is here, I thought I'd add a little to it.

This isn't for UOA exactly, but it's a useful tool to go along with UOA. It was made by one of the Devs, Leurocian I believe, before they actually became a Dev. Pretty neat thingy.

http://www.tanis.dk/Products/DavinasGGSTimer/

You can read more about it there, but basically it keeps track of your GGS gains for different skills for different chars. You can set it up to keep track of other things, too, like corpse decay timer, boat decay timer, house decay timer. It is also not an illegal program to use, thought I'd add that since I'm sure some might think it is.

Another pretty nifty thing that can be used with UOA but doesn't have to be used with it, is this:

http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uomagic.shtml

Helps you with magery casting type things, I think it's updated to help with necro and chiv, too. It's also got a nice little feature that it'll hit a macro for you when you are below a certain amount of mana. The suggested use is a <Pause 4000> <Use Skill: Meditation> macro, but you could set it to anything if you really want to, or nothing at all. It's got some features that can be used along with UOA if you want, and you can read more about that at the site, too.

Just thought I'd put these out, since Kuja was putting helpful hints for UOA.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander the Elf wrote:
Just thought I'd put these out, since Kuja was putting helpful hints for UOA.

Thanks for... putting out... Joshy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Murdoc
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... thats really helpful Smile thanks
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Har, you're so very welcome.

I have more, let me post those now...

Xena's Tools, these are all pretty cool. Some of the best thought of UO Tools out there. Some use UOA, some don't.

http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uocurse.shtml

http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uotime.shtml

http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uohome.shtml

http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uorudder.shtml

http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uorudder.shtml

These are also pretty useful but not Xena made:

http://uo.stratics.com/uowedding/

With this you can put in long speeches too. You don't have to use it just for weddings. Very nice when you want to be able to be saying things but want to pay attention to the game, as well. I'm sure many of you church/mass holders could use this.

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure I'll find more later. All these are also not illegal.
Lodi
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the UOWedding program, Bartholomew told me about 5 mins after I told him about the program that anyone who has to do long speeches in game (such as sermons) should use this program. Paraphrasing his words, If I can figure out how to use it this quickly, anyone can use it.
ICQ - 35574276
Cassiopea
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

UO supports or allows UOA, are there any other 3rd party programs that are 'allowed' by OSI?

Cassiopea
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

UOAM
UO Curse
theres a list of 'em somewhere.
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I posted is allowed by OSI. The Davina's GGS Timer is sort of broken now, though. Well the link, anyways.
Lady Ironrose
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

o is Davina's GGS Timer UOPro?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to get UOPro status for 3rd party applications currently.

Using the program is entirely at your own risk, and we cannot be held responsible for any problems you might have with your computer, your account or whatever else.

Davina's GGS Timer was designed to be in the UO spirit. There is nothing that this program does that couldn't be done with a stopwatch and a piece of paper. It just makes the task easier for you. It does not do anything to gain your skills.

umm i dont think i would use this program !
Herald of Honor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Davina's GGS timer doesn't do anything to the UO Datastream. It uses information that it gets from UOA about your skill level and when you have gained. It then has UOA send you a message, which you could have it do yourself if you wanted, as well. If you don't have UOA it won't do anything. It also doesn't manipulate UOA in an unplanned way, like some other programs do. If it did any of the things it shouldn't, then it would not be allowed. I can see where some people would be wary about it, though.
Lady Ironrose
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm might try it
Herald of Honor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: