Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Price of Freedom

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cat Lyxen
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:21 pm Post subject: The Price of Freedom Reply with quote

Avari raced from the Armunn Keep with her bundle under her arm. She laughed and skipped around the courtyard. Oh to be free! Lady Ditto had set her free , she was no longer a slave! She led her llama outside into the sunshine , holding his reins she walked towards home.

All at once she stopped and side stepped before the llama stepped on her barefoot. Her mind began to race. Flashing pictures of Stelios. Seeing him train with his horse , seeing him train to fight his enemy, seeing him smile..... She gasped and tried to cover the sound with her hands. She tried again to continue her journey but again flashes of Stelios come to her mind and she stopped.

What would her father and mother say if she returned to them without having fulfilled her duty to her family. She was to stay with the Armunns to pay the debt her family owed them. If she returned home, what would happen to her family?

She had no answers and felt so alone. She turned and stood rubbing the llamas soft coat. Thoughts crowded her mind," I can't return to my family , when the debt has not been paid" " I can't go home" " I can't leave Stelios"

She took up the reins once more and led the llama to the only place she could think of . The feline lady was a friend to the Armunns, maybe she would know what to do.

As she approached the house of Cat Lyxen she grew weary and afraid. Cat stood on the porch looking out and saw Avari coming. Cat waved and shouted for Avari to come in and sit a while. Avari led the llama to the grass and tied him to a nearby tree. She walked onto the porch where Cat sat in a chair . She dropped to her knees in front of Cat, putting her head in Cat's lap and cried.
'I'll end with an edit to Ditto's post since she obviously doesn't grasp the man code.......................having your sister entertained by another gentleman gives you clearance to entertain their sister without retribution while taking care of mom leads to a blood fued which can only end in death" Gnarlug
Shaemus McBlade
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Stelios just sits on his bed. He is crippled, his body completely wracked by swirling and competing emotions. And so he just sits there, forcing his mind to think. To analyze. Soon, sitting on his unmade bed, Stelios begins to realize that Avari's disappearance has radically changed the landscape of his world.

Nuna had cheerfully broken the news earlier that night. HOW COULD SHE? She not only defended that idiot Galnor by throwing Stelios out a window, but more importantly she forced Avari to leave. It was... unthinkable.

Horrible thoughts start to creep into Stelios' mind. Avari had nowhere to go, would she be safe? Why didn't she leave a letter? Does Avari not like me anymore, not want to be my friend? Stelios has a dark thought, " Was I wrong? Were we ever really friends?" What if I find her and she reje... she doesn't want to be.... But foremost in his mind, Stelios wonders if Galnor was right. Could Galnor truly stop Imryyr from hurting Avari if they became friends again? Is the risk worth it?

"No" Stelios finally murmurs to super cool mean horsey guy, "I need to try. there is a friendship on the line here. *Jumping from his bed* This is the most serious crisis I have ever faced! And no good Armunn runs from one of those". Stelios hastily wipes away the tears streaming down his face. He takes a deep breath and gathers his willpower as well as a horribly ill-prepared bag of supplies with toys poking out of it. Thusly equipped, Stelios begins taking the first steps on his journey. Nay, his quest to find.. Nay, save Avari. And..to talk to her about..*he blushes*.. stuff.

After remembering to go back inside and leave a note, Stelios re-initiates his Quest. And finally smiling, Stelios proclaims, "A real live Quest. Bree is going to be so Jealous". Stelios nods cheerfully. "Maybe that Idiot Galnor guy was right about something after all". Yet after only a few moments, Stelios trips and realizes that in the excitement he left super cool mean horsey guy back at home. A few minutes later, horse in tow, Stelios knows that that he is now prepared and that this time he is going on the Quest for real.

Taking one last look at the keep, Stelios begins trudging onward toward the unknown. And perhaps to his destiny.
Avari Nim
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Avari woke with a start," Stelios..." She blinked and rubber her eyes. It was late and the moon shone through the window of the room she now called home. She absentmindedly rubber the coat of her llama who slept next to her on the floor. She pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around them to ward off the chill in the air as well as the feeling of loneliness.

Avari thought back to earlier in the evening. A picture of Stelios finding her at Miss Cat's house floated in her mind. He had looked relieved and happy to see her. She wondered if he could hear her heartbeating , it was so loud in her ears. She had only been gone a short time but had missed him so much. He made her feel safe. When they were together she felt like the rest of the world melted away.

They had spoken out loud their feelings for each other, both blushing and stammering at the words. He had held her hand and taken her to the tavern. They had collected cookie crumbs for Miss Cat, because thats how Aulbrey said she liked them best. Then Mistress had come upon them at a table and said horrible things. Avari had never been so frightened. She had run from the tavern and climbed a nearby tree until Stelios came out and assured her she was safe.

He walked her home to the tower room he had offered her. She would need some furniture but it was fine as long as Stelios was close by.

She thought of her parents and what to tell them. They were well off with the Merchant Shipping business in Ocllo but they had many children and one less mouth to feed would be a blessing. Wouldnt it? She pictured her father on his ship the Sea Spirit , his long white hair blowing in the wind. He had sons to help in his business. She was just a girl and only used to bargain or pay a debt. She wouldnt return to that life and her parents, even though she still loved them and would always miss them.

She would stay close to Stelios and they would have adventures. She would find furniture for her room and take care of llama.

This was her new life, maybe freedom wasnt so scary after all.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: