Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A fork in the road

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Valaric
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 pm Post subject: A fork in the road Reply with quote

Anger still flowed through my veins as I returned to Britain. The sight of the Order attacking an unarmed man in the middle of his own trial seemed quite fitting for who they were. I took out my blade and brought it down upon them from one to the next until they lay upon the ground and the falsely accused man was freed. The worse part had been their obvious lies and then claiming it to be truth. For people without give false words are without honor, and those without honor are nothing. I could not of done it without the assistance of the accused man’s comrades. While they had asked for my help, I feel as if it were them who truly helped me. For now the tether that was holding me to the Order was now gone. I was now free from their lies and falsehoods and able to venture once more into the world.

The sight of Britain again was a welcome one. The warm spring air felt relaxing against the skin. Children were heard off down the street playing and laughing. In the distance the town crier was giving his hourly reading of the news. I had just dropped off my armor at the smiths to be cleaned by some blood splatter and for some minor repairs as I continued to the market for some food. A small group of people were huddled around a particular wall, as I approached I saw that it was a poster nailed to the wall. I began to read as it spoke of people gathering to stay the forces of evil, men and woman who will not sit by and let the monsters of the lands roam unchecked. One by the name Aric Stormwood had his name upon the bottom and I began to think on this group and if it held redemption for me.

I thought to myself that this was exactly where my path may be. My memory was still not returned to me, mere fragments of my previous life but I knew within me that I was not like those in the Order. The actions of my former employers are beyond redemption. They had used me while keeping me in the dark about their true nature. Evil did not rule my heart and once I knew what they truly were, I could no longer represent them. Now I seek to restore my honor in hopes these deeds will give me my memory back. I shall hold a blade of righteousness and protect the weak; I will stand for good and help push back the darkness than comes. I will be a warrior of virtue.

Walking off from the poster on the wall, I made a straight line for the Pigeon Messenger Service of Britain. There I shall wait until either Aric or one from his group come to collect the responses to the poster. With some luck I will be able to contact this group and swear myself to their cause…
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: