Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Spoiled Cup of Tea

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 am Post subject: A Spoiled Cup of Tea Reply with quote

She was calm. Eerily so. When she opened the door to her room at Armunn Keep. She shut the door behind her just as calm. Her stride across the bedchamber to her desk was calm. She sat down calmly. The distant tick-tock of her mother's newly acquired clock was the only thing heard tediously breaking the long, too calm silence of the room. More silent, long moments went by.

And then came the explosion.

With one swift, angry movement of her forearm the chessboard sitting on the desk and all of it's carefully placed pieces went flying furiously across the expanse of the room, crashing hard against the wall. Pieces scattered across the floor. The board itself resting at an angle against the base of a decoration pillar, it's middle part broken leaving it half dangling in the air.

She had failed. She failed the Dark Order. She failed her father. Most of all she failed herself.
Imryrr hung her head down, staring at the floor in thought. What the hell was I thinking, going into Jhelom with troops only to park myself in front of their leader to do what....CHAT?
She tilted her head to the side and spoke outloud in a mocking tone, "Hello. We're here to attack you. Would you care for a cup of tea?"
With a gutteral halfscream Imryrr kicked the large stone desk to topple over onto its side. She stood up suddenly.

I knew better! You do not go to enemy territory to chat! Is that not what father has repeated since I was old enough to understand words? Never, in all my life, in all my battles, have I EVER done that. A battle is fought with swords and spells. Not with your mouth. A stupid beginner move. It makes NO tactical sense. It stacks the odds for the defense and blows any hope of an offensive tactic out of the water. My own overconfidence cost me dearly. It cost all of us the battle. Even my brother, a CHILD, questioned the wisedom of it beforehand. Stelios. He could have been captured or killed because of my inane failure! She shook that thought out of her mind and turned her gaze to look out of the window. The moon was high in the sky but the current blizzard prevented much light from being cast downward.

Her mind whirled with images of the night's fray. They brought Stelios down first. The Armunn heir. A child, but strong like his father. Not a move born from the kind-of-heart but a good tactical start for them. A blood thirsty start that spoke volumes. Terra was second... her deadly arrows hushed. Her cold, creeping wind prevented from chilliing the air. Enoch was the next. The wise and thunderously powerful spellcaster silenced. Herself, knocked from her horse while fighting the wind that pushed against her more often than fighting her foes. Imryrr's last sight before unconciousness totally took hold was of Enoch's wife. Aulbrey had been clinging onto her bottles in a desperate attempt to save them before she, the last of them, had been brought low. The bottles went crashing. Aulbrey's bruised and battered body laying on the ground, yet still she had struggled in the dirt, with her last concious breath, to save her precious liquor before her eyes closed. Again, Imryrr shook her head, but this time in a bewilderment of understanding the drunk.

Worthy foes indeed. Tactical and hungry.
A malicious smile reached Imryrr's lips. Much glory in combat could come their way. She knew now her mistake. She would not make it again. The next time they met their enemy, they would let their blades and spells talk first. And speak loudly they would.
Hawk/ICQ#: 617689603
Enoch: "now I'm gonna have to make up some lich version of poo"
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: