Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Recruiting - The Crimson Shadow Syndicate

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic

Do you want to Join?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Yes, but I don't have any character slots (PM me if this is the case)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Dante Darkheart
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 am Post subject: Recruiting - The Crimson Shadow Syndicate Reply with quote

(TL;DR version below, you're welcome)
Ok so, I've been hashing out ideas for my guild lately. I really want this to be a thriving community builder for all members of the Atlantic Role Playing Community to enjoy, even if the guild in characterly destroys Sosoria as we know it. And I think it's time for more aggressive expansion and recruiting. But this isn't just a notice of recruitment but also one looking for business partners.

Inspiration
I've also been reading a lot of old GI Joe comics while on the train to work. So I've been kind of inspired to model my guild off of the Cobra Terrorist Organization featured in those stories. Coincidentally, I had already named the peninsula I do most of my business on Red Fang Pointe after all the snakes and giant serpents that spawn there. Also the name of my guild while partially inspired by the first guild I was ever in, the Crimson Alliance from Catskills. I also took inspiration from the UK's version of GI Joe, Action Force's enemy the Red Shadows. I know 'kind of a stretch' but whatever. I already had plans for there being a legitimate front organization along with plans for an Orc clan, an undead coven, and a pirate crew to all help drive prices up for the main front group's goods and services. I just hadn't really thought about specific names for those groups. Well now I have the proper inspiration. Hopefully you're not to bored reading about my inspiration.

Traders and Citizens
Some of the legitimate front corporations in the GI Joe comics were names like Extensive Enterprises, Naja Trade Corp, and several anagrams of Cobra. These were the guys that openly walked down the street but for the most part hid they were direct supporters of Cobra. They sold everyday goods manufactured by Cobra and its business partner M.A.R.S.(Military Armaments Research Systems/Syndicate). They offered services like moving, and real estate, and legal council. Of course behind the scenes they were all members of the elite Crimson Guard, basically all members of a cult of personality built around Cobra Commander and later Cobra High Command who would ultimately elect a later incarnation of Cobra Commander.
To be able to represent this in my UO based guild these will be most members. They will be crafters, artisans, entertainers, a hand full of non-outlaw type mercenaries for trade route protection and the like. The name I decided to go with will be the Naja Trade Company and the warriors protecting the trade routes/members will be called the Naja Guard. Their crest will be a Cobra emblem. VTV

Orcs
The next group I considered was the rank and file Vipers. In the comic these were the troops sent into various small strategic countries and start a coup to ultimately drive up demand for Cobra's products. While there was the basic viper they later branched off into relatively specific specialties such as Tele-Vipers in charge of communication, Flak Vipers in charge of ordinance, Air Vipers were pilots, and so on. These guys are truly the cannon fodder of the organization.
So who better to be cannon fodder than orcs? They barely care about their own wellbeing and it's not like they can just waltz right into town without turning a few heads anyway. The name I have decided upon is not as directly stolen as the Naja Trade Company but I think it adequately represents this groups orciness. The name will be The Viper Clan Orcs, or in orcish, Da Vipa Clan Urks. One commonality I want them to have is that over all they are relatively easy to kill. This means that I don't want their skills maxed out with nothing but pure fighting/magic skills with the sole intent to PvP. One way to accomplish this will be to incorporate a crafting or gathering skill or two into the template. Alternatively, hiding stealth and poisoning would all be highly prized skills to further mimic their totem beast the Viper. This is not to say delete your current Orc or get rid of a near perfectly balanced profile built for PvP, it just means you'll be the exception to this rule, well, guideline and still be completely welcome. Their crest will be a Cobra with crossed axes. VYV

Undead
The third group is M.A.R.S. (Military Armaments Research Systems/Syndicate), this group while technically not part of the Cobra organization is Cobra's longest standing business partner. M.A.R.S. On the surface manufactures advanced weapon systems and sells them to the highest bidder regardless of ethics. They have even been known to sell weapons to the Joes from time to time. They are even responsible for creating the advanced robotic troops called Battle Android Troopers, or B.A.T.s for short.
This group as represented by my guild will be slightly less visible and far more sinister than the M.A.R.S. represented in the comics. This group within the guild will be comprised of undead and the necromancers that control them. Kind of a morbid R&D department. These are the guys that can be killed then scooped up by their buddies and put back together again to recreate their shambling horde to keep on fighting. One idea I had to set these guys apart would be that they should all have some follower summoning type skill. Magery to summon demons, or rock crusted skeletons (earth elementals), or Spirit Swarms (Air elementals), or even Blade Spirits. Ninjitsu’s mirror form could be used to raise multiple puppets to take the brunt of the damage. Also with Animal Form you possess a nearby animal like a rabbit or rat. Summon Fiend from Spellweaving could be multiple evil spirit helpers. Of course Necromancy is obvious but the basic idea being that aside from you there should be other pests to deal with even after you’re about to come back to unlife. Their name will be C.O.I.L. Or The Coven of Interrupted Life. Their crest will be a Cobra head with a skull centered between its open fangs. VUV

Pirates
Finally the last group I’d like to cover were the Dreadnoks. This loveable bunch of bikers and hooligans were a fan favorite. They initially started off in the comics as a small not necessarily elite biker gang that purposefully caused local trouble and the odd sabotage job. They initially kept their numbers small and only recruited other bikers and the like. Early on their numbers never topped more than a dozen members. But later in the comics they had a chapter in every major city in the United States. Later while they mostly still recruited bikers as before they also opened up their ranks to former Crimson Guard members that had compromised identities.
Again the name I’d like to use isn’t too far off from the original, Dreadnox Pirates. These guys are going to run the majority of the smuggling operations as well as some good old fashioned piracy. Maybe even treasure hunt from time to time. Again this is all these are the outlaws. They will mostly be shunned in proper society. There crest will be the Cobra head with crossbones. VXV

Slaves
A lesser group will also be available, these will be the slaves. These are not slaves in the American sense designated by race. Instead these slaves are more of the ancient world type. Most slaves will be due to an inability to pay some kind of debt to their masters. Also fallen enemies can be taken as slaves. It is possible for a salve to work off their debt but unlikely. Their titles will reflect that of their masters and that they are slaves. They have no crest to call their own.

Titles and a Markings
You may have noticed at the end of each group description I described each groups crest. These will appear on flags, letterheads, tattoos and brands, even stamped onto goods made by Cobra manufacturers. I am horrible at photo shop. So if you're bored and want to give them a try it would greatly appreciated. Also rather than creating whole new guilds for an alliance you will notice the quick abbreviations the parent guild, "The Crimson Shadow Syndicate" will remain V__V and all characters will wear this tag. The V's representing fangs. However, VUV will be for the C.O.I.L., note the U for undead. Dreadnox will have VXV. The Vipe Clan Orcs will be VYV, initially I thought the Y would sort of look like an axe but after typing it out it reminds me of a snakes forked tongue. Finally the Naja Trade Company will use VTV, the T standing for Trade.

Uniforms and Colors
In addition to the subcultures I've given a lot of thought that for a time it used to be impossible to regulate guild uniforms. But due to imbuing this is now much more of an option at least for those subcultures that would make sense for. Generally, I would like the Naja Trade Company to wear caps for men and floppy hats for women. Viper Clan Orcs should either wear Orc masks or Orc helms. C.O.I.L. should wear Bone Helms. Dreadnox will wear Tricorne Hats or Skull Caps. Slaves of the guild will wear bandanas. Of course this will be when uniforms are necessary. Undead and orcs will always be in uniform since its much more a lifestyle that is not chosen when compared to that of a pirate or trader. Thus it may be entirely possible for a pirate admiral or trade master to be wearing a bandana. Furthermore it may be possible for a slave to wear a Tricorne hat should their master allow it.
More importantly though than specific uniforms, I think at least guild colors are important. It really seems to be something that had fallen by the wayside over the last few years. Dark Order seems to be doing guild colors, valorite blue and shades of black, which has really inspired me to do the same. My colors however will be Red and Gold. Both colors are easy enough to obtain so there shouldn't be too many problems getting your colors right, unless your name is Sennah.

Ranks
For now I don't have all the ranks all thought up. Some groups will be more complex than others. But all ranks will be interchangeable with Roman numerals. The highest rank will be VIII. Dante will fill this role and be known as Archon. I will also have four alts filling the roles as leader of each of the subcultures for now but will step aside as soon as there is a proper leader to take their place in characterly. These alts may be killed off or they may remain in an advisory role. It all depends on what is played out.

Claimed Lands
As you may have noticed from my past posts I own quite a few houses in the Felucca Jhelom area. These are meant to be the home base areas. For characters that cannot have a home because you own a home for anther character you are welcomed to live in the hostel or one of the apartments or tombs or Orc forts I have built. There re still a few smaller plots in those areas I'm aware of so if you do decide to build there you're more than welcomed and I'd be happy to help.

Business opportunities
I also want to make it clear that inter-guild business is ultimately the main goal. I should note I'm at least GM in all crafting skills; Blacksmithy, Tailoring, Carpentry, Tinkering, Bowcrafting/Fletching, Alchemy, Cooking, Imbuing, Cartography, and Inscription. Also GM Mining, and I'm currently master in Lumberjacking and Fishing. So you're probably thinking "what does this mean?" Or "I'm already a GM blacksmith". Well it means perhaps you like the gentle curvature of a blade I make. Perhaps the dark glossy finish I use on a cabinet catches your fancy. Maybe the meat pie you tasted is just too tasty to go without. Whether you're decorating a house or equipping an army or getting ready for a party I can supply your needs and hopefully with some decent RP interaction. I would ultimately love to supply both sides of a battle. Ah, a boy can dream. I suppose the next thing you're wondering is 'what is this going to cost'. And my answer is 'nothing', well, actual in game gold, 'none'. I prefer to RP the payment anyway. Seriously, I have plenty of supplies, let me worry about that. The only thing I may ask for are imbuing ingredients needed for max intensity properties. Just give me the orders and I'll do what I can to deliver them.

Laws
Laws are always a very important part of guild culture. Most laws are fairly common. But some are unique and a convoluted description will be given. Arrests can be made only immediately after the crime. Depending on the severity of the crime a bench warrant can be issued for the arrest of the criminal.
Murder - A trial will be conducted to a certain guilt which will be decided by a rank VII member or above. If guilt is determined then it is to be determined to what degree.
- unjustified intentional: 5 UO years (1 Real Year) slave of the Naja Trade Company
- unjustified unintentional: : 2 1/2 UO years (6 RL Months) slave of the Naja Trade Company
Theft - A trial will be conducted to a certain guilt which will be decided by a rank VII member or above. If guilt is determined then it is to be determined to what degree.
- One RL month of slavery to either the victim or the Naja Trade Company.
Assault - A trial will be conducted to a certain guilt which will be decided by a rank VII member or above. If guilt is determined then it is to be determined to what degree.
Arson - A trial will be conducted to a certain guilt which will be decided by a rank VII member or above. If guilt is determined then it is to be determined to what degree.
- Two RL months of slavery to either the victim or the Naja Trade Company.
Casting Spells of Chivalry - Unlike most towns the spells of the Avatar are banned due to their destructive nature despite claiming to be a force for good. A trial will be conducted to a certain guilt which will be decided by a rank VII member or above. If guilt is determined then it is to be determined to what degree.

TL;DR Summary
Crimson Shadow Syndicate (V__V) is the parent guild
-Dreadnox Pirates (VXV) is the Pirate arm of the guild
- C.O.I.L. (VUV) is an Undead Coven
- The Viper Clan Orcs (VYV) are the orcs
- The Naja Trade Company (VTV) is the legitimate trade company.
All ranks are interchangeable with Roman numerals up to VIII.
Dante is the master guild leader. I will also play the leaders of the sub-guilds until a replacement can be made.
Uniforms are important but guild colors are even more important; Red and Gold.
Socialized housing.
Free crafting services for the low low price of RP.
Laws are a work in progress. But forced slave labor is preferred over the death penalty.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: