Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

How I Would Poison Someone - A Homework Assignment

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Minalan
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm Post subject: How I Would Poison Someone - A Homework Assignment Reply with quote

(The homework notebook turned in has an extra page added, written in the small, cramped, yet calligraphic and precise lettering of a grand master scribe)
Allow me to interrupt my apprentice's homework assignment, for I would like to tell you a little story.

Once upon a time, a powerful archmage arrived home to find his apprentice passed out in his study. The student was supposed to be studying poisons and how to handle them with a dear beloved friend of his. This dear friend just happened to be a master of the poisoning craft, and just possibly might share the name of a certain deadly species of poisonous flowers. The archmage could smell the wine on his apprentice's breath, but instead of being red and flush as most who overindulge in drink, he had a deathly pale pallor, his breathing was shallow, and there was a small wisp of blood on his sleeve.

Being the clever sort of Archmage, he knew immediately what had likely transpired. Thus the sorcerer gave specific instructions to his apprentice for his next class.

The student showed up early to class, cheerful and aloof as usual. Attractive as only a young athletic wrestler and student could be, he attempted to seduce his teacher. He kissed his professor on the cheek in greeting, baring his neck, and lingering just a moment to let his hot breath caress her shoulder. He flirted outrageously, and at one point "accidentally" made a small cut on his hand, and put his mouth over the injury to stop the bleeding. Finally, the professor could take it no more, and put a glamour on the poor defenseless apprentice, and fed upon him in a frenzy and lust that only a powerful and hungry vampiress can posess.

What she didn't know, is that the archmage had given his apprentice a concoction to drink before class.

The active ingredient could only be the undying flesh of a skeletal dragon, ground into a powder and imbued in a soul forge. This ingredient is used to forge powerful artifacts, weapons that destroy the undead on contact. Fortunately for the young hapless apprentice, it has no effect on mortals.

The opiates in the concoction would have a mild, dreamy effect, so that the vampire wouldn't realize that she was poisoned until it was too late.

The orange petals added would cause the professor's toxic blood to thin, allowing the toxic powder to run wild throughout her body.

The garlic extract was added out of pure spite. It was just the right amount to cause searing pain and agony as the vampire expired.

The poor vampire would simply drop to the floor, convulsing wildly after feeding from the student after just a few moments. In the end, there would be nothing left but a dessicated husk, which the archmage would examine briefly before filling the entire keep with his usual mocking, bitter laughter.

Sadly, this is but a story. In the real world, the professor heeded a wordless warning from her dear beloved friend. The hypothetical incident at the beginning of this story was never mentioned, nor did it ever happen again, and the young apprentice remained completely ignorant of the matter.

Signed
- The Archmage
NightShade
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Allow me to interrupt my apprentice's homework assignment, for I would like to tell you a little story.

Once upon a time, a powerful archmage arrived home to find his apprentice passed out in his study. The student was supposed to be studying poisons and how to handle them with a dear beloved friend of his. This dear friend just happened to be a master of the poisoning craft, and just possibly might share the name of a certain deadly species of poisonous flowers. The archmage could smell the wine on his apprentice's breath, but instead of being red and flush as most who overindulge in drink, he had a deathly pale pallor, his breathing was shallow, and there was a small wisp of blood on his sleeve.

Being the clever sort of Archmage, he knew immediately what had likely transpired. Thus the sorcerer gave specific instructions to his apprentice for his next class.

The student showed up early to class, cheerful and aloof as usual. Attractive as only a young athletic wrestler and student could be, he attempted to seduce his teacher. He kissed his professor on the cheek in greeting, baring his neck, and lingering just a moment to let his hot breath caress her shoulder. He flirted outrageously, and at one point "accidentally" made a small cut on his hand, and put his mouth over the injury to stop the bleeding. Finally, the professor could take it no more, and put a glamour on the poor defenseless apprentice, and fed upon him in a frenzy and lust that only a powerful and hungry vampiress can posess.

What she didn't know, is that the archmage had given his apprentice a concoction to drink before class.

The active ingredient could only be the undying flesh of a skeletal dragon, ground into a powder and imbued in a soul forge. This ingredient is used to forge powerful artifacts, weapons that destroy the undead on contact. Fortunately for the young hapless apprentice, it has no effect on mortals.

The opiates in the concoction would have a mild, dreamy effect, so that the vampire wouldn't realize that she was poisoned until it was too late.

The orange petals added would cause the professor's toxic blood to thin, allowing the toxic powder to run wild throughout her body.

The garlic extract was added out of pure spite. It was just the right amount to cause searing pain and agony as the vampire expired.

The poor vampire would simply drop to the floor, convulsing wildly after feeding from the student after just a few moments. In the end, there would be nothing left but a dessicated husk, which the archmage would examine briefly before filling the entire keep with his usual mocking, bitter laughter.

Sadly, this is but a story. In the real world, the professor heeded a wordless warning from her dear beloved friend. The hypothetical incident at the beginning of this story was never mentioned, nor did it ever happen again, and the young apprentice remained completely ignorant of the matter.

Signed
- The Archmage

Nightshade stood pondering looking over the *assignment*. She could find no details of her students work only the written words of one who was not her student. She looked over the obvious warning considering what should be her response. She considered whether she should give Minalan's interference the benefit of the doubt.

It was obvious though that Minalan did not realize, that Nightshade had not partaken of his apprentice as he so graphically described. It was also obvious that he knew nothing of Necromancy, for he would surely realize that "undying" Skeletal Dragon flesh would not do the things he described. She came into contact with it quite often in her line of work.

Finally after wrestling with these many truths she settled on her reply:

It read:

Brother Minalan,

At your request, you asked of me to teach your young apprentice in the ways of poisoning. This is not something I usually do for any other then my own family. With that, I bent myself to accomodate your request. With my teachings there comes a price, and so I did exact one. However it is not in the very graphic and tasteless way with how you described.

Number one: Your apprentice does not have the power to tempt me into biting him, there is nothing he could do that would, if I want to do something to your apprentice, I will, as you yourself, only asked, that I not kill him. Also, please do slip garlic into my food, and see what result that gets you...

Number two: I am first and foremost a necromancer, not a vampire. I have been studying for years under the tutilage of a very competent Lich. If you had managed to find such a poison that would destroy my shell of a body, It would be terribly annoying as I would be stuck without a body for quite some time. This benefits no one, as we both know you enjoying staring at it. It would also infuriate the other men whom over the years have quite enjoyed this body of mine. Which would be such a terrible waste don't you agree?

Lastly, Your student has recieved an F on his assignment. I suggest we meet to decide if I will continue to teach such a careless individual.

See ya soon Doll, Nightshade
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 am Post subject: The First Lesson of Poison Reply with quote

Holly Strathmore

The lesson had taken an unexpected turn. Holly had asked to take tutelage with Nightshade. She indeed got far more than she bargained for. The liquor moved fast through Holly's system and incapacitated her quickly.
No one paid any mind to the sleeping girl that was slumbering in the conveniently laid out coffin. She lay for hours undisturbed by the passerby. She slept so soundly she never noticed that the coffin had been hit until the lid closed and clamped shut. She woke with a start and sat up so abruptly, she smashed her head on the coffin lid. Pain radiated across her entire skull as stars danced across her eyes. She began feeling around inside the coffin and progressed to scratching and hitting. Holly screamed with frustration. Her finger tracings left grooves behind from her now cracked and broken nails.
Abruptly the lid was opened and Myrddin looking down at Holly. Several questions passed across his face, each coming to the same answer, Shade. His expression turned back to its usual resolute state. It took Holly a few moments to realize that she needn't flail to escape. She regained her composure, best she could given the situation.

�I was told I could rest here� Holly said calmly.

�I surmised as much� Myrddin said as he reached a hand out toward her. �What I haven't guessed, is how it is that your mother in involved.� He gave her an all too rare smirk as she took his hand and pulled out of the coffin.

*** PICTURE CREATED BY CHRABI

�Lets get some ice for your head, then we can begin your training, then we can talk about your sleeping arrangements�
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: