Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Impulse

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Abby Marie
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 am Post subject: Impulse Reply with quote

Leaning over, Abby tilted her head until she was parallel with the horses ear. "You need a name. Even if you are a spell, you're supporting my arse and that means I should name you." The light brown appaloosa whinnied showing its teeth as if to laugh at her revelation. They'd only been a team for the last three months. Up until that point Abby's use for traveling companions was exactly zero. She had preferred to keep it simple, which meant her own feet as her main form of transportation. Tapping her heels against its flanks she sent the animal into a light trot across the pumpkin field.

Morning haze still carpeted the soil giving a fresh scent to the lingering moisture. Pausing between fields she let go of the reigns long enough to bring her right hand up to her mouth and tug the fingertips of her glove off with her teeth. Once bare she shook it, flexing and bending the knuckles. It was almost as if the tissue were falling asleep on her. Tingling with a needles and pins sensation however, was not just limited to the hand she was trying to awaken. Though even that she knew was pointless.

No, the needles and pins were not singularly located. They were radiating. Her hands, arms, and legs were also involved. That was the price she paid for her "What the hell" moment. The hint off a smile crept across her face in memory of her second meeting with Terra. For all of her prickliness there was something of a kindred spirit behind the glowing red eyes.
Terra Brexiano
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Names were not important, her brothers and sisters were the only people worth knowing. Weak, greedy and stupid.. That was how terra saw any other being outside of the Dark Order. Now for some reason this human mattered. "Abigail" was her name. She had met an ill fate in the arena at Terra's hand. Now this human dared to challenge her again?! There was something Terra liked about her, no matter how much she would try to hate it.
Terra Brexiano
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

"Defeat never comes to any man until he admits it."
Unknown

Defeat was not a word in Abby's vocabulary. That was an obvious observation, Terra hereself, never accepted defeat either. This was the thing that lured Terra in, and for some reason, while knowing it could present some danger, she gave in and let herself be lured. The past few weeks, Terra found herself slipping on watching her guard, and as angry as she wanted to become, the words from Abbigail echoed through out her head.
"Your not going to get rid of me that easy." Abby said with that wide grin.
It never failed that in all her negativeness, Abby was always upbeat and.. Happy.

Terra sat in the grand hall of her home trying to think about what made her happy, or if such worldly things were even possible now. Since transforming from human to this new creature, Terra had lost most of her human memories. Some here and there, but no solid memories.
'Battle! The glory of it!' She spoke to the death adder encircling her arm.
It hissed back as if it were actually listening. "I am happy when in battle, and when I am with my brothers and sisters." She narrowed her eyes at the snake as it hissed at her again, tongue slipping from its mouth, almost as if it were trying to sense her changing mood.
"It matters not, I do not like those weak, foolish humans... I do not need "friends".
In a quick snap of her fingers the snake disappeared in a cloud of shadows.
"I will consider this human.. but I will not like it!" She spoke as she sat back in the throne like chair, but she would not let Abby know.
"But it is NOT DEFEAT!"
Abby Marie
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"If I win you have to wear a skirt and bustier. You have to smile and laugh and be friendly." She had watched Terra's eyes glow as they did when she knew she was going to get to knock someone on their ass and she had to laugh. When ten minutes was up and the match was a draw, Abby was laughing harder. Was that a glint of amusement in Terra's eyes too? The girl was less than human, Abby knew that. People were supposed to fear those things supposedly. Maybe it was because Abby had never really known fear on any kind of real level. Or maybe it was because she was getting to know the humanity of this less than living creature.

Hours later, the tiny blue horde minion in front of her was requesting her attention. "Yup, even the turnips. If it grows in this field I want it gone." She saw the little head bob in confirmation and watched it trot off to fulfill the request.

"Did you want some help?" Those same glowing eyes barely skimmed her as they headed off with a duplicate blue minion.

Abby was laughing again as she watched her *friend* clear the field opposite her...
Abby Marie
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Like two children getting ready to observe a bagball game for the first time, Abby and Terra sat in empty bleachers of Haven Arena.

"Answer my questions, and I'll duel you until you are exhausted." Terra said, with slightly red eyes.

"Go for it." Abby had always been a relative open book. It was more a matter of no one bothering to ask the right questions, that kept her life a secret. As the morning wore on she realized that not knowing what to ask was not a weak point of Terra's.

They traded heavy conversation as easily as they traded heated crosses of metal. "You do realize..." Yes, if it was one thing that was crystal clear it was that Terra was different. Not just the immortal aspect. But the hardened shell. Bits and pieces unfolded amongst the wood and sea salt air of their position. No wonder she was as determined to survive as she was, Terra had seen early on exactly what it meant to be collateral damage. Had she ever known what it was like to be treated not as a posession, or as an embodiement of an obligation: but as a person whose thoughts and feelings mattered? Abby, had spent her entire life on those prospects. Perhaps it was time to embed a little bit of fun for the sake of a smile, into Terra's existance.
Terra Brexiano
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wake up." She heard the sweet angelic voice echoing through her head. Terra opened her eyes to find Sarah, the servant of the house, standing over her rubbing a warm cloth on her forehead. Terra rose from her bed, her bed that had rarely been slept in since becoming a wraith. She looked around, then to Sarah.
"What has happened?" Terra asked in a somewhat sweet voice.
"You mumbled something about an entropic change and fell into your bed." She sat up straight, clearing the bowl and cloth and was then standing at the door.
"Lady Brexiano, let me know if you need anything else." Sarah smiled and walked from the room. Sarah was good to have around, she was smart and intelligent, and knew how to read Terra's moods the best, she was a good servant and kept the others in line. She was the only other human besides Abby she actually enjoyed being around. Terra felt strange, the pressure around her was not so tense, she felt as if she could breathe. The colors around her were extremely bright, almost blinding. Something was changing, perhaps it was the entropic energies changing. She felt more energetic and more happy... Almost human. Perhaps today would be a great day for a change of color. Terra stood smiling, a genuine smile, and set out for town.
Terra Brexiano
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Abby was a great listener and even asked questions when Terra's ideas seemed extremely far-fetched. Now out of all the things Terra could think of.. It was of their meeting place , and if Abby ever got hot.. It was only inside of a giant volcano, and Terra didn't have to worry about wether it was "hot or cold".
"I'll ask her tomorrow." Terra said as she shut her heavy book of notes. Soon enough Terra and Abby would be up to no good.
Abby Marie
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"You should call him, Skin." Abby looked from the decayed horse to Terra and back.

"If that's the name you like..." Terra's eyes sparked blue for a moment, a color rarely seen by Abby as they continued discussing the rotting flesh of the beast of burden.

"Tell you what, bring your jars tomorrow. There's a crypt in Umbra I want to take a look at." To anyone else that statement would have drawn a huge stare and possibly some sort of psychiatric testing. But Terra wasn't just anyone.

For all of her bluff and bluster and shielding, Terra dotted on her friend. A burst of laughter erupted as Abby recalled how hard it was for her to even say the word. Of course, Abby herself had no issue with words, four letter or otherwise. Actions, however, spoke much louder.

Back in Umbra, the ever present shadow lingered over the city as Abby began the first duties of what was to be an extended stay.
Terra Brexiano
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra started gathering things from the shelves. The corroded box she used to hold the souls, some jars, and few other things she may need on this adventure with Abby. Since Abby had taken up more work in Umbra, Terra hoped it would make her normal studies there a little more full filing. Being a wraith, and it being Umbra there wasn't much room for company, until now. Terra couldn't help but smile as she opened the heavy metal door of her manor. The sun was just reaching the top of the mountains, it's rays climbing over to spread more light and the fog was still heavy like a blanket of ash.
"Now to see what this crypt has inside." Terra smirked as she summoned her horse and opened her book and spitting out a quick spell.
"Kal Ort Por." And disappeared to the destination set on the rune.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: