Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The pebble and the ice house

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kincaid
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 pm Post subject: The pebble and the ice house Reply with quote

" 'Nother one? You can no' heal them all!" A resigned sigh had the older woman reaching to the counter as Kincaid quickly divested herself of her tunic.

" He was there again."

Nedera's eyes met her ice blue quietly. "Didn' talk to him?.... Of course ya did.. ya've been waiting all this time!" Nedera shook her head and averted her gaze to the task at hand. One by one she took the water soaked bandages and placed them across the varying degrees of marks and lacerations. Without looking up she finished quietly. "Does he know?"

" Not exactly."
Kincaid
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing out your thoughts was cathartic. It released something within similar to that of bleeding out the poison when bitten. In that way you could rid yourself of the burden and still keep your secrets. That is, if you don't leave the writing in an open area. Solitude had allowed her peace enough here in Ilshenar to free herself on parchment and know that it would stay between her and the quill. Very few came this way, wishing to distance themselves from the Meer. Perhaps so many years of isolation had lowered her guard too much.

She should have started taking note when surprise visits began.

She should have raised her guard and quit keeping a journal.

At the very least she should have placed her thoughts out of visible sight.

She should have... she didn't.

"Stalking me?" He echoed her words, her leather journal clutched in his hand.

Her ice blue eyes darted between him and the book. "Using my words?"

"What aren't you telling me?" Korin's tone was edged as he handed her back the journal. The clear wish to slam the book into her palm raced across his face.

There were a million ways to answer that question.

"Why are you doing this to me? Are you trying to torture me?"

"There are details I haven't mentioned."

"No. I need to know nothing more about that night."

Her lips thinned and her body became rigid. To speak meant to allow the avalanche to fall. It would mean watching as the snow buried her alive and crushed the air from her lungs. And to keep silent meant continuing to keep a secret that felt just as crushing on her soul. Six in one, half dozen of the other. She would remain silent. Striding out of the office she busied herself pulling armor from the silver chest in the corner of the room. Silence it seemed was not the choice he would make for her.

Hoisting her up by her arm he spun her small frame around to face him. The Ankh of jet black hanging at her throat swung with the force, making itself noticeable....
Korin d'Rue
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

His emotions ranged, between anger and pain. She was holding something back from him, regaurdless of what it cost him he was going to find out.

Grabbing her arm he pulled her too her feet and turned her to face him. The Ankh caught his eye as it swung around her neck. It look familar to him, with out thinking Korin reached up and seized it in his hand.

Instantly he knew what it was and who it had belonged too.

"How did you get this?" His voice was hard and cold.

He was still in the middle of asking more questions when she answered his first. Her words took a moment to sink in. They cut through him like a dagger to the heart. Staring into her eyes, Those ice blue eyes Korin felt his knees weaken and staggered backwards.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: