Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

PvP Temps

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book
View previous topic :: View next topic
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:02 pm Post subject: PvP Temps Reply with quote

I have been thinking about differeing PvP temps and wondering what the general though of, "So what really is the best?"

Right now I use a Bush Noxer which works pretty good

120 Fence
100 Tact
100 Ana
120 Bush
100 Parry
100 Heal
80 Poison

But a new temp I am working on is a Tact Mage.. and wondering if anyone has played them and their thoughts..

120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Tact
120 Ana
120 Parry

Thoughts?
Rosar Ashande
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. What does tactics do for a mage without weapon skill?
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosar Ashande wrote:
I'm confused. What does tactics do for a mage without weapon skill?

Well for example, my warfork has "Mage Weapon -21" and SC. So basically the Mage Weapon mod is like a Use Best Weapon mod. It is as if my Magery skill level is the same as Fencing. And of course SC so I wont disarm when I cast.
Rosar Ashande
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. You can use special moves that way, though? Thought you needed real skill for that.
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosar may be right, I think you might need real skill for that.

But with a tactics mage the main purpose is the combination of specials with your spell play anyways, so the easy fix would be to drop the parry and pick up 120 weapon skill.

This gives you 120 weapon skill and anatomy + eval for defense, so the parry isn't a huge loss.

Also frees up a hand for potions.
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As for 'what is the best' right now Mysticism seems to be where its at.

Myst/scribe mages or other variants, along the lines of:

Mage 120
Eval 120
Resist 120
Myst 120
Focus 120
Scribe 100

And then either some med thrown in, or some people sub out scribe for 60 necro/ss.

Throwers are gaining popularity too in PVM and PVP. I've read that disarm/throwers give disarm/archers a run for their money now.
I of course haven't tested this myself.

Otherwise, Necro is still a great skill but the apple timer changes have sort of hurt it since necro revolves around curses.

Bushido remains popular and is a very good skill pvp/pvm.
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mairsil wrote:
Rosar may be right, I think you might need real skill for that.

But with a tactics mage the main purpose is the combination of specials with your spell play anyways, so the easy fix would be to drop the parry and pick up 120 weapon skill.

This gives you 120 weapon skill and anatomy + eval for defense, so the parry isn't a huge loss.

Also frees up a hand for potions.

Ya I have to check what my parry % would be if I did that. But you dont have to have the actual weapon skill to use specials. At least you dont for 'use best weapon'
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When I played, the Mage/Myst/Necro was the ultimate template. I didn't lose once unless it was to another person with the same template. And in field fights it was just ridiculous.

Requires a heavily priced suit, though. But dropping someone with 4 spells in 1.5 seconds was always fun.
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal Hurst wrote:
When I played, the Mage/Myst/Necro was the ultimate template. I didn't lose once unless it was to another person with the same template. And in field fights it was just ridiculous.

Requires a heavily priced suit, though. But dropping someone with 4 spells in 1.5 seconds was always fun.

I have something close to that. Mage/Myst/Weaving. Some of the Weaving spells come in super handy in PvP. And yeah, you need to really put time and $$ into the right suit for it.

Cuth 10:01 PM: hey man what ended up happening?
Isk 10:02 PM: I killed an orc, the other 4 killed me then they peed on me and the banner.
Cuth 10:03 PM: lmao. okay, so we must get them back
Isk 10:04 PM: I got f**kin peed on. so, yea

Long gone but not forgotten:
Humanis Homepage
Nogusta
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

A few thoughts about playing a Tactics Mage.

1. Parry is likely not a good ideaas you need 80 dex in some form for it to be really effective - even using pots it's tough as you need a sheild to parry
2. The most effective Tactics Mage I have ever played is a Macing character with a war axe - curse - explode - bleed - ebolt -
AI is deadly if you can get it off

Temp should be something like this if you have the scrolls for it

120 Magery
120 Evaluate
120 Macing/Fence whatever
120 Med
120 Tactics
120 Resist

You can also mix in scribe/tactics which is my personal favorite but you need to run with 70 tactics for that unless you go swords/archery and wear the Captain hat or Hunters that have +20 skill points
Nogusta
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal Hurst wrote:

Any temp you can drop a player that fast that doesn't have (young) beside their name is pretty boring IMO
Acheron
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

my new favorites are
120 swords
120 mystic
120focus
100anatomy
100 tactics
80 healing
80 bushido

OR

120 magery
120 mystic
120 focus
120 eval
80 hide
80 stealth
50 ninjitsu
30 med or more with any skill mods

Last edited by Acheron on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acheron
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the mystic bush swordsman also requires a very very expensive suit since youd need a full compliment of mage and dexxer mods and the stealth mystic mage is incredibly versatile and loads of fun
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nogusta wrote:
Cal Hurst wrote:

Any temp you can drop a player that fast that doesn't have (young) beside their name is pretty boring IMO

It requires a very well timed combo. You can really only pull it off if you've set them up perfectly and they took the bait. It was honestly the most fun template I've ever played due to not only the AOE, but the crowd control benefits, survivability, and the overall team-oriented layout.

And trust me, I've played just about every PvP template the game had to offer.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal Hurst wrote:
Nogusta wrote:
Cal Hurst wrote:

It requires a very well timed combo. You can really only pull it off if you've set them up perfectly and they took the bait. It was honestly the most fun template I've ever played due to not only the AOE, but the crowd control benefits, survivability, and the overall team-oriented layout.

And trust me, I've played just about every PvP template the game had to offer.

Who are you?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: