Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

My Departure

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
GreyPawn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 am Post subject: My Departure Reply with quote

Greetings,

This was the third year I've kept my account open for purely sentimental reasons, and I feel the time has come for me to say goodbye. Atlantic has given so much over the years. A real-life career, lasting friendships and the greatest adventure in roleplay that I have ever and likely will ever experience. I will miss it.

My permanent departure from UO will be a careful one. My intent is to preserve as much of the history I've collected over the years with those who can best appreciate it and allow it to persist. Items of historical significance that I have collected will be bequeathed to whomever is most apt to continue until the end. My other material wealth will be sold to recoup a small portion of the funds I've expended perpetuating the Moonglow Town Council over the past decade.

I don't know what yet to do with the MTC HQ, but I'm open to suggestion.

-GP
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecil will gladly take the HQ off of your hands and shape it into a giant statue of a human's boot stomping on the head of an elf, forever.
Rosar Ashande
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecil wrote:
Cecil will gladly take the HQ off of your hands and shape it into a giant statue of a human's boot stomping on the head of an elf, forever.

O'Brien would be proud.
Joanna Weaver
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

Location: ~Magincia~ Republic of Magincia Administrator @}'~,~'<[M]>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Grey, it is sad to see someone go. We know you keep up your Council in the IRL, though.

If you want to give historical items to someone you know won't lose or sell them, I would highly suggest and recommend giving them to Halister. They would go on display in his Zento library museum. He has almost every book on Atlantic copied in the library. He has dedicated himself to preserving such things, he even fought a battle and helped negotiate to get the Atlantic Mage Tower restored.

Have fun where life takes you.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: My Departure Reply with quote

GreyPawn wrote:
I don't know what yet to do with the MTC HQ, but I'm open to suggestion.

I think McDonalds would love the opportunity to buy out their mini-burger producing nemesis. :3
GreyPawn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please have Halister contact me directly via ICQ at 33211468?

I don't know what the current status of the EM program is, but might they be willing to memorialize the Moonglow Town Council chambers? Does anyone know, or have any contact with them?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

might not be hard to do. youll want to contact mesanna directly a barmstrong@ea.com
If you have any items that are relevant to cabal doings i'll buy them off you.
Take care in the real world. No rezes!

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
GreyPawn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a note to her... but I don't think they like me.
Cear Dallben, I have two shattered crystal wisp fragments. Please contact me via ICQ or email.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grey, if you want me to preserve the home I will pay the account to keep it available. I have done so with many others. If Mesanna can't or doesn't get back to you let me know and that can be arranged. I would like to see it stay as it is as much as possible so it remains a memorial. icq me.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey,

Do you still have a Ring of the Skull? If so I can place it in Charnel Hill with the others OES still has.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes to you! Even though I never got a chance to interact with you (both now and prior to my LOA last April), it's always sad to see a cornerstone figure leave. Good luck and I hope the withdrawal symptoms are all out of your system, lol. We all know we are UO addicts, whether we want to admit it or not. May your life be fulfilling and filled with health, happiness, love, and good times. You will be missed (I think Razz ).
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Greypawn;

I'll do my best to be brief.

I want to wish you a deep thank you for everything you've done for roleplaying, online games, Ultima and this community. It should be everyone's goal to leave what they find in a better state than they found it and while I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else it's pretty clear to see you have wholly succeeded in that mission. I enjoyed what time I had playing alongside you and I wish you nothing but the best. While many of the above may be interested in protecting your contributions to the history of this shard, be sure to keep some articles for yourself!
Drayden Calamyr
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Farewell Greypawn. I enjoyed hating you IG.

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GreyPawn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I did at one point have a Ring of the Skull in my possession. Unfortunately I believe it was destroyed.
If I encounter it amongst the items being liquidated I'll set it aside for OES.

I have created a post in the Trade section here of items I'd like to liquidate, if any are interested.
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go so soon after my return Greypawn.
We've had some good times, I enjoyed my time in MTC with you and those memories among many others brought me to return less than a month ago.
I hope real life is treating you well, and good luck getting everything sorted out.

Khodafez doostam.

Chron, The Chronicle later known as Chronazin Orbis.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: