Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

An Unsettled Year of Absence

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Ashford Yendorin
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:51 pm Post subject: An Unsettled Year of Absence Reply with quote

Ashford returned from his long journey. His travel was driven by his passion to find the assassin who killed his beloved nephew, Jeren Yendorin. As Ashford rested at his estate absorbing the warmth of a lit fire, he read through his most recent passage in his journal.

"After researching the cause of Jeren's disappearance, seeking his remains, traveling the wilderness for more than three hundred moonlit nights across Sosaria...I am still plagued with the same unanswered questions and concerns. The only truth is in the rumors and gossip in which began my quest nearly a year ago.

It deeply saddens me; to know such a honorable man has been removed from our everyday lives. His story was rich and full. For my own memory, I share what has become the unfortunate truth written by a local herald in Britain:

As I have written a few months back, Chief Magistrate Jeren Yendorin of the newly governed Republic of Jhelom simply disappeared from his chambers. Though, since then, I bring unfortunate news. Lord Jeren Yendorin has been reported by many close to him on his Council to have been sharing letters with those who operate under the workings of the everyday common man.

It has been reported to me that he was attempting to assemble a secret society to bring fear into the hearts of those that manipulate the decisions of the citizens of Sosaria. My source continued to explain the details of a letter that clearly threatened the Magistrate of Jhelom. By the next setting of the sun, Lord Jeren Yendorin was absent from his chambers. The source further declares that the Lord Jeren Yendorin was assassinated. A follow-on letter, signed by the original adversary of the threat letter proclaimed that his task was complete and that the governing authority in Jhelom could carry forward free of Lord Yendorin's tyranny.

I find it difficult to believe that my nephew would make associations with those not governed by the laws of men. His death, wasn't due to his terrible judgment. I refuse to believe he would resort to such silent acts to gain admiration from his royal peers and close advisors and friends.

Jeren's undoing was his determination and swift changes not just in Jhelom, but across the land. He proceeded down a path without patience and poise. It has been said before in the common wealth circles that swift changes across Sosaria tend to end swiftly. My nephew was yet another victim of the fear of change. Though I find it curious if his ending was due to a angered citizen of Jhelom, an opposing royal court, or simply that of a hired assassin from those that seek evil as their worship.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: