Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Fishing and Boat Overhaul
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:33 pm Post subject: Fishing and Boat Overhaul Reply with quote

This is from a Stratics thread about the Town Hall Announcement:

Quote:
new 'booster' (mini expansion?) with ships sea monsters etc etc.

$14.99 for the Booster.

New boat models
Boat paints
New boarding method
Increased boat and house storage
Cannons
ship repair and crafting (carp and tailors use less resources)
NPC merchants you can shoot and board (and loot)
NPC Pirates
Mouse control (thanks Mapper)
Secret island you need a map to find (moves location)
Lobster fishing
Lobster traps
36 new fish (2 mountable)
Legendary fishing
Dread pirates with bounties on their heads
Row boat if your ship cant reach the harbour

Original thread:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/220654-adventures-high-seas.html
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, they went with the Maritime Union expansion I suggested a while back. The moving island from Lost is a good idea. Glad for it and can't wait.
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just died and went to heaven...

This is awesome...will gladly pay the money!
Cuthbert
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I am not a Fisherman and even I am excited about this!

Cuth 10:01 PM: hey man what ended up happening?
Isk 10:02 PM: I killed an orc, the other 4 killed me then they peed on me and the banner.
Cuth 10:03 PM: lmao. okay, so we must get them back
Isk 10:04 PM: I got f**kin peed on. so, yea

Long gone but not forgotten:
Humanis Homepage
Molly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited because the boats are no longer teleported from one tile to another they are smooth moving!
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just in love with this. I really am. For three reasons:

1. Long Overdue

2. "Booster Pack" idea, and low cost.

3. No new landmasses. I've been saying since I returned that UO needs more content that isn't spawned from a huge empty landmass.

Two thumbs up.
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for this expansion for years.

Revamped signature to appropriately describe my feelings for this change.
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I know it may sound silly but,

I want to ride a fish! I love everything, especially Cannons! I hope they are useable against sea serpents. My fisher could use that! Twisted Evil
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Zerin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

cannons? you mean those hollow metal things that launch furry orange rocks?
Rosar Ashande
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Been wanting this for a while.
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic sea battles commence!
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a more detailed take on the topics discussed at the Town Hall that was posted by the Syndicate.

The Syndicate wrote:
Here is our take on today's Townhall from the perspective of our members who attended the presentation.

--------

On Saturday 8/28/10, EA/Mythic/Bioware did a UO Townhall meeting in Northern VA at the Mythic HQ. It was shown concurrently on ustream and the audio was available through Whispering Rose Radio. Two key things were revealed at the TownHall.

#1 - UO (as well as Warhammer and DAOC) are shifting to a Booster-Pack type of deployment rather than full blown expansion packs. A booster pack is smaller than an expansion but there will be 2 of them per year. Each one will add substantial content and fix a number of more major bugs. With the rate of deployment, by the time players grow bored with one Booster, the next one will be on the near term horizon so that model helps "pull" players through to the next piece of content.

#2 - The first Booster pack for UO is due out in a couple of months and is called Adventure on the High Seas. As the name states, it will be all about ship combat and adventuring on the vast ocean areas of Sosaria. Currently, the ocean areas are devoid of life except for the occasional fisherman or rogue water elemental. This Booster will change that in a dramatic way. Here are the key features this content adds for players:

* Three new ships (plus a rowboat) that are much larger than the current ships. The Orc and Gargoyle model ships each mount 3 cannons on each side of the ship which the Tokuno ship is faster but only mounts two cannons per side. You will be able to store things in your hold, re-deed your ship when not in use (and you can only have 1 ship deployed at a time), color your ship using special paints and you will need to repair your ship (thus creating a market for most of the UO crafting skills). Ships also gain the ability to be steered by mouse rather than by ordering the tiller around.

* Two different cannon types and two different ammo types (round shot and grape shot). Cannons have to be cleaned, primed and loaded so having a team of people working the boat will mean much faster shot time and can mean the difference between victory and defeat. Additionally cannons take damage when fired (i.e. wear and tear) or when hit by enemy fire so they will need to be repaired.

* A floating island located south of Moonglow and north of Fire Island where vendors exist to give you quests and repair your ships.

* A new quest based around finding a special map that then leads you to an 'instance' of a magical island with cursed pirates and other baddies and, of course, cool loot. The premise behind it takes a queue from Pirates of the Caribbean in that you cannot find the island unless you are seeking it with the right clues (i.e. the map).

* A great deal of love for those players who enjoy fishing. There are new types of fish (including those only obtainable at max skill level and rare fish and even Lobster) and new things you can make with the fish. Those new things provide cooks with more recipes and provide players with more buff-food types (16 in all). And there are new fish you can mount and decorate your player housing with.

* There will be NPC boats you can attack and loot including Merchants, Pirates and Orcs.

* There will be Ship to Ship PvP where you can cripple the enemy ship, board it, kill the occupants and steal the items in their hold.

* There will be quests offered to track down "Dread Pirates" that are roaming the world which offer fame and fortune.

* There are new boss encounters. One of the bosses is Scalis and he seems to be a very tough but very straight up boss fight. The other boss fight was not described in much detail except to liken it to a champ spawn in that hordes of minions have to be cleared to reach the boss which will then be quite a fight.

* As a side bonus, bank and player housing storage will be increased by 20%

The Booster pack will cost $15. While no firm time lines were committed to, it should be released in the next 2-3 months with testing beginning in about a month.

As a side bonus, the dev team spoke about a 4th ship type being internally referred to as the Whale. That is an extremely large ship that will be persistent in the world and thus can be used as floating player housing. That ship will not be part of the launch of the Booster but is intended to be added shortly thereafter. It will be very rare and hard to obtain but will offer a unique housing option for UO. It will be so large you will not be able to bring it close to shore but instead will have to use a rowboat to get to and from it.

Original thread:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/220713-adventur-highseas-another-overview.html
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Row to a storage container? Or to a home? Oooooooo
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Whale" part really caught my eye. I assume they will be REALLY rare, as to not have 2,000 of them clogging the seas up. But still.. nifty idea. People have asked for houseboats for a long time.
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, looks like there's a new update

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/220713-adventur-highseas-another-overview2.html
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: