Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

WARNING: Gold Scammer - Update!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:41 pm Post subject: WARNING: Gold Scammer - Update! Reply with quote

I had a gold broker on my icq who had a few deals. They seemed too good to be true, but he seemed to be a decent enough guy. Ive worked with brokers before in the past. After I made the purchase, he stopped replying to me. This is the current out come:

Hey, purchased the gold from you. You've disappeared for half an hour and Ive given you plenty of chances to reply.

I've never had to dispute a transaction before. But I'm feeling uneasy about having $137 of mine just out in the air. You were cool up to about 25min ago, when you told me to meet you in 2min, then didn't show.

From Seller - Kevin Boyle

2/6/2010 10:31 PST

Hello there,

This purchase was made for an online game called Ultima Online. You sent me 125 dollars as payment for the virtual goods. I met you in the game after you set up your vendor for transfer of the gold. After confirming your payment I spoke with you over ICQ to make sure it was you in the game and I gave you the gold. I have ICQ logs and screen shots of the entire transaction as evidence that I fulfilled my end of the agreement. Please stop trying to scam me. Thank you for your time.

From Buyer - Josh Cascagnette

2/6/2010 10:35 PST

Oh wow. Is this really how you do your business?

I sent you a transaction for 125 dollars. You didn't meet me in game. You told me a place to meet you, and you didn't show up. I have icq logs myself, of you not replying and of me trying to contact you for over an hour. Any ICQ logs you have made, have be altered.

Any screen shots you have, are fake as well. For you do not know my character name and I can prove which character it is. Perhaps if you could do the same, I'd believe you.

I've never been ripped off before, and I have transactions with other brokers. Showing proof that I've never disputed a purchase before, and I've sent much bigger payments than this.

Don't try to scam me.

Any updates, I'll reply them here. Just so you can witness how some brokers can scam you.
Brianha ‎(10:04 PM):
lol oh no worries with teasing.. it takes ALOT to get me really goin
Brianha12:54 AM
cool... i will hook up with you tomorrow night ... maybe you can help move my chests too

Last edited by Sarian on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, the worst part is...as I told Cal, I couldn't afford the purchase but I made it anyways, knowing it was a good deal.
FML.
cool... i will hook up with you tomorrow night ... maybe you can help move my chests too
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

From Seller - Kevin Boyle
2/6/2010 10:48 PST
Hello again,

I've dealt with many others already in the past and things went very smoothly. I've had people try to scam me before just as you are doing right now which is why I take the necessary precautions of maintaining logs and taking screenshots of all interactions.

Feel free to elevate this to a claim via the paypal dispute process. We will both submit our evidence and let them decide who is telling the truth. As I have absolutely nothing to hide, nor have I doctored anything this will be the best way to resolve this issue. Thank you again for your time.

From Buyer - Josh Cascagnette
2/6/2010 10:53 PST
I'm impressed. You've put thought behind your scams. Its difficult to even be mad, because it's so easy. The best part is, no matter what character you made or what vendor house you went to, it's difficult to prove to the owners of Paypal that it wasn't me. I suppose I could talk to them and convince them to get UO and give them all my account info..but even then, you could BS your way around that.

My paypal has no marks against it, and as I said, I've made many purchases before for virtual gold, and have never disputed it. Do you know why? Because I haven't been ripped off.

It's not difficult for you to stage screen shots and a fake log. Clearly, you've done this before in the past because you know exactly how to go about screwing me over. I would be interested in seeing the screen shots you have taken, if you wouldn't mind sending them to me please?

Thanks.
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens to the best of us. Don't get upset over this. Money is good but it is not worth stressing over. Karma will meet up with the scammer and he will get his. The loss is not as big as you think and will eventually turn to a gain when you reconsider future internet transactions, sparing yourself perhaps a greater loss.
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I could have purchased more, and lost more. Glad I waited.
His name is "Kyle Corp." for those who are wondering.
Adrian Bishop
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If you paid via paypal, just reverse the payment. It's up to him then, to prove that you got the goods. I don't think he'd go to great lengths to fake actual screenshots or icq logs over such a trivial amount of money, because he knows that trained professionals can easily tell fake screenshots when they see them.
Bottom line, is he really going to go to such lengths to prove something he knows is a lie and get himself in that kind of trouble over less than $200? Why bother, he can scam the next person who comes along.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

He apparently has doctored screenshots and logs and such, but I'm confident that Paypal will side with Josh on this one. Paypal sides with the buyer on 99.999999% of all virtual purchases. Worry not!
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst comes to worse, take it to your bank. Put a stop payment on it if you can. So attack on both fronts at Paypal and your bank. Good luck sir and yes Karma will return to him..

Fraud is fraud and it eventually will catch up to you.
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup that's what I said Merci. If you take it up with the bank (your actual bank or c/c) worst case senario you are out 35 dollars for stopping the payment on the transaction.
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so here's the story.

Kevin Boyle, isn't a douche bag. We were both scammed. What happened was, Kyle Corp. was a middle man. A brilliant middle man at that.

He contacted Sunder, asking to buy gold, using the name Johnny. At the same time, I was asking Kyle for gold. Kyle requested $125 worth of gold from Sunder.

Sunder being a careful guy, asked for my name to verify. Leading Kyle to ask me. Once everything was set to go, Sunder (Kevin Boyle) met Kyle in game. They made the transaction and everything was good. Over ICQ Johnny (Kyle Corp) thanked Sunder for the gold. Sunder thanked Johnny for the purchase. Mean while, Im sitting at home flipping my lid because Kyle Corp (Johnny) had stopped talking to me.

When I opened the dispute via paypal, Sunder had screenies of the icq convo and screenies of the trade. He was convinced I was trying to scam him, as I was convinced he was scamming me.

Sunder finally got a hold of me (we originally wearnt even on eachothers icq) we discussed it. Once we figured out the scam, he reimbursed me. He told me what he charged and gave me $125 worth. Even though he didn't have to, he did. Thanks Kevin for restoring my trust in humanity, lol.

For future references, becareful. Also, Sunder is one hell of a broker.
Sunder
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, and thank you for the kind words Sarian.

I normally post on the HOT boards and if you so choose to you may go there and take a look at their trade forum. I've made a post there about how this scam works and who to watch out for. My name is the same as it is here, Sunder.

I am just glad that we were able to come to amends, resolve this situation and maintain my reputation. I hope that this interaction will help others as well by bringing to light the scam. Thank you and take care.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: