Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Roleplaying a Warhammer styled Chaos cultist?

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
omera
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:02 pm Post subject: Roleplaying a Warhammer styled Chaos cultist? Reply with quote

I was thinking about RPing a warhammer styled chaos cultist, but the concept seems difficult. Chaos is everybody's enemy, even to itself. As far as following a single chaos god goes...

Khorne - Warrior, although I imagine his only purpose would be BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD aka kill everything because Khorne loves it.
Nurgle - My favorite chaos god. Most feasible since his followers are go-happy-joy-joy in their own psychotic way. Possibly good for a character with the necromancy skill.
Tzeentch - Magery seems proficient, although any skill would do, save for skills that cause decay (necromancy for example), as this is an element of Nurgle and Tzeentch hates Nurgle.
Slaanesh - Screw Slaanesh. Khorne hates him for a reason.

Edit: Who would I do well RPing with with this kind of character, as far as guilds go?
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find elements from many RPGs, books, and other fantasy sources in the roleplay community. I think Warhammer has some of the best lore any game or background story can offer. If you could incorporate some of it into a guild and get something rolling, that'd be interesting.

In my brief stint with Warhammer PnP, Leshok, our DM, had us face off against a lot of chaos armies. Looking over the list, I think the best option to bring into the roleplay community would be Nurgle. An army of Khorne followers would quickly find itself pinned and destroyed. Tzneetch, well, there aren't that many people who prefer mage playstyle over anything else. You'll mostly find warriors. Slaanesh, don't know much about him.

Nurgle, in my opinion, would probably be the most fun, and most interesting.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Now... To make a new character, or not to make a new character?

Current skills are...
Wrestling: 95.5
Evaluate int: 97.3
Magery: 100
Meditation: 100
Resisting spells: 100
Spirit speak: 66
Necromancy: 54.0
Probably sticking with this character. Just ignore the name Slithlothiss. His name is Shathron, after a inquisitor who is corrupted by Nurgle in my fanfiction.
And he is psycho. Smile
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Vaen
Can't wait to bump into your psychotic character. DONT DISAPPOINT US
omera
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeh! I decided I'd stick with Oldscale :O People know him.
Leshok Majere
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

errr sorry but I'm kind of a stickler here,

Nurgle is the Chaos god of plague, rot and disease.
good skills poisoning, necromancy, magery, weapons with bleed attack, mortal strike and infectious strike.

Tzneetch is the Lord of Change and deceiving, one of many shapes, and magics. Magery is key, but so would I think Ninjitsu to enhance your shape changing powers. Necromancy could work too for having more magics and shape changing powers.

Slaneesh: the god of pleasures and sins really. poisoning would work well here too, i can see even using some bard skills for roleplay affect, ie peacemaking, enticing or whatever. hiding and stealth lend well to this character as well.

Khorne is pretty easy, I'd recommend a strong warrior template with as little casting as possible, Bushido is a perfect fit, as Khorne favored two handed weapons, mainly axes. Now while Khorne followers were all "blood for the blood god" this didn't mean they were stupid. The highest and most powerful champions were always gifted with cunning, and intellect. A stone cold warrior in my mind!

my two cents, but i'm a huge warhammer buff.

"Fri Jan 14 20:07:01 2005 [08:45:38] Kuja: ghaahahahahahha...ha..h.a..... NOTHING TO FREAKING DO IN GAME GAH"

Some things never change even after 4 years...
omera
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Leshok Majere wrote:
errr sorry but I'm kind of a stickler here,

Nurgle is the Chaos god of plague, rot and disease.
good skills poisoning, necromancy, magery, weapons with bleed attack, mortal strike and infectious strike.

Tzneetch is the Lord of Change and deceiving, one of many shapes, and magics. Magery is key, but so would I think Ninjitsu to enhance your shape changing powers. Necromancy could work too for having more magics and shape changing powers.

Slaneesh: the god of pleasures and sins really. poisoning would work well here too, i can see even using some bard skills for roleplay affect, ie peacemaking, enticing or whatever. hiding and stealth lend well to this character as well.

Khorne is pretty easy, I'd recommend a strong warrior template with as little casting as possible, Bushido is a perfect fit, as Khorne favored two handed weapons, mainly axes. Now while Khorne followers were all "blood for the blood god" this didn't mean they were stupid. The highest and most powerful champions were always gifted with cunning, and intellect. A stone cold warrior in my mind!

my two cents, but i'm a huge warhammer buff.

If I'm going to have an alt, he'll be an Inquisitor/Witch Hunter type.

What we need is a Warhammer 40,000 MMO that actually supports roleplay. Something along the lines of working for the Inquisition, like the tabletop RPG Dark Heresy.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: