Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Regents thought, and Ill Winds...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rufus Oryan
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:17 am Post subject: A Regents thought, and Ill Winds... Reply with quote

A chilly wind blew about Lord Blackthorn's castle. Rufus sat in the library, looking through texts from scholars all about the land. "Tis a suprise to see some of these writings again. I assumed many of them were lost." Rufus spoke aloud, with a smile on his face. The pace of the winds outside the castle walls quickened. Rufus looked about calmly as he closed his book, placing it neatly on the shelf. As he stood to his feet, his golden cloak hung from his back and he made his way up the stairs towards the bed chamber. At the top of the stairs stood, Jaime Lannister, a member of the Regent's elite Honor guard. "All Is well sir? Tis a chilly wind blowing about M'lord, best bundle up." Jaime spoke confidently. Rufus simply nodded and walked toward the large metal doors. As he pulled them toward himself, he took in a deep breath, a grin crossing his face, "To rest here will be a task. And in the event I miss my sleep, I will write a bit...mayhaps a story."

Once inside the chamber, Rufus looked about, studying the room and everything within it. And in his study, in his concentration, a cold wind passed his face. Rufus looked to the balcony, brushing the marking under his right eye. He walked slowly, making his way to the extension of the castle, staring off onto the moonlit sea.

"Tis an Ill wind that blows about. In time that wind will morph into something strong, but at this moment it holds a collection of things. The happenings in Luna, the shady characters arising...searching, the possibility for a growth in all paths, Dark and Light. With the title and responsibilities of Regent, I have not lost my vision into these things. It is with this wind that we will be motivated, and grow strong. The Regency will see its way through this storm, no matter how off it is. But our enemies may not look to us just yet...their purpose greater still. Tis nay trouble that comes, but a challange. We have time...to build. Tis a new era indeed..."

Rufus sits upon the throne that sit upon the balcony, taking in a deep breath, wrapping his cloak around him. As he raises his gaze to the sky, he rubs the tattoo upon his face..."The Regency will stand firm, strengthen and grow, so it begins on this night of ill wind. For we all have our purpose...and we will move forward..."

As the night went on...Rufus eventually returned to the library to begin writing a story...
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: