Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Blademaster

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Langois
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 am Post subject: Blademaster Reply with quote

Fate is something that I was beginning to believe in. Every since the day that Shalcross had shot me and he and Demetria drug me to the Sepulcher my life had not been the same. Bonedeath still cried to me, and in some way I had him to thank for getting me into this mess.

The blade and his unquenchable hunger for blood had led me to the Orc Fort and into the arms of truth. The truth that the Arch-Matriarch had helped open my eyes to see. Though I had swore to her fealty, to her and Umbra the sword's insistent hunger in a way was also my master.

The evenings in Umbra were blissfully dark. And I welcomed that darkness now into my heart. As I strolled to the War Temple I came across Sia and Yia, their skin a dark blue, and their faces framed by dark purple hair. "What you doing Langois?" asked Sia and Yia at the same time. I smiled at them and said, "I am making my way to the War Temple, care to join me?"

They looked down on me both smiling brightly and nodded and they added, "Yes, we come with you Langois." Their mood always had a way to brighten my day, we strolled about talking about food and hunting. They had a way to make even the strongest of men seem but a babe.

We traveled by the only path that I had known. We followed the void of a moat that surrounded Umbra to the mountain pass to the northeast and continued on until there it was, right before us; the glorious War Temple, Myrddin's base of operations. I entered the courtyard with the girls on my right arm with a grin, and then we made way up the stairs to the war room. Upon arrival I seen some very familure faces.

There was the lovely Willow Smythe sitting on one side of the table and across from her was Myrddin himself and to his left was Malikhia. And soon entered Merci d'Rue. It was serious business to one side of the table and graceful deadliness to the other, Merci took seat by Willow as she scooted across her lap sliding into an empty chair. The only thing that I could hear as they chit-chatted amongst themselves was Bonedeath's cries for blood, he hungered once more and I knew I would need to feed him soon.

I looked down and told him in a whisper, "Shhh... I cannot concentrate when you cry like so, you will eat in due time." FEED I WANT TO EAT! Is all that was replied. It echoed in my mind, resounding in my skull like a freshly rung gong.

"I am glad to see you here SageMaster." I said to Malikhia. He looked up his face creased with thought, "Why is that?" he retorted. "You see SageMaster," I paused as it cried WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!? DO NOT TELL HIM ABOUT ME!!! It was too late though because the night before I had explained a bit of it to Myrddin and Merci my situation with the blade, and I half expected Malikhia to already know of what I was going to say next.

"Bonedeath, my blade he cries to me, he seeks blood, I am at his mercy."
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 am Post subject: Hunger she can understand.. Reply with quote

Merci's eyes took in the sight of Langois her curiousity over this new soldier great. She admired his ability with a weapon and could not deny his fast growing place within Umbra.

Yet he was a mystery unto her and her bright blue eyes searched his face glancing over the mass of blond hair. She stared at him as he relayed his problem, a sword that controlled its master....

A possession most parasitic. Merci knew why this bothered the man so, he wanted to be in command of the weapon, not it in charge of him. Memories of Toren, in that dark tower, as she kneeled before him and his commands to kill ringing in her ears.Yet Toren had stayed the hands of fellow cabalists seeing the great prize in his midst the potential in Merci.
She remembered suddenly the moment she swore Fealty to Ceinwyn an overwhelming feeling that she had come home..

It had been so long since these images had filled her mind. What Langois didnt see is that, though the posession must be balanced, this weapon had brought him into the arms of Umbra. Just as Toren's destruction of the weak Merci had helped to create the woman and warrior she was now.

Few new of the hold the creator had once held over this sewn together woman, this Lycan, who had escaped mind control the only way she could trust, by trusting another. Her eyes landed on Myrddin she knew Langois's desire for freedom. Yet it all comes with a price, the benifits hopefully outweighing the downside.

Her neck throbbed for a moment the old scar slit across it radiating pain into another wound the bite of two fangs as they turned Merci's world from day to night..

Two marks she bore and forever grateful was she to both men for bringing her to Umbra in unknown ways. It would be the same with Langois, he had found his home. His blade would learn its place at the hands of their most competent Sagemaster, she was confident. Compassion was a new feeling for Merci as she looked upon Langois. Yet no one had shared such a similar plight with her.

She remembered the days of killing to stave off the pain, her arm young and unknowledgeable. She remembered making peace with her creator and realizing that she would not be the woman she was today with Toren, without Myrddin, without Umbra..

As Langois held his head in pain, Malikhias manipulations upon the weapon sending shockwaves of pain into its hosts body she tore a peice of her skirt and slammed it between his teeth so his tongue would not be bitten off in his frenzy. They would balance this, they must, he was a warrior and he was strong, he would master the blade...
Langois
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It had been a week since that fateful night that I had stayed in the dungeons of the War Temple. The only way to master the blade and gain control over it is to simply not feed it. The words that Barl had spoken to me, I heard over and again.

Myrddin paused at the cell door, he looked at me questioningly, "I need you to give me the sword Langois, it will help, and we don't need you to try to feed him with your own blood." I slowly unbuckled my sword belt and took hold of it by the sheath. I extended my arms unwillingly and held it before me, Myrddin's hands took hold of the sheath as well and he tugged at it, my grip didn't loosen. He gave me a cold stare and said sternly, "Langois, you need to let go right now." I whimpered as I let go, fear of the separation was enough to almost draw tears to my eyes. But I held strong as the door slammed loudly.

*CLICK*

And It had begun.

The first couple of days were not that bad, however, when it hit that third day I didn't know if I was going to be able to handle it. PLEASE! PLEASE! I NEED TO FEED! WHY HAVE YOU LOCKED ME AWAY!? Bonedeath pleaded with me. His cries were near enough to make an average man go mad, and it nearly made me insane. I was not the average man though, Bonedeath had been conditioning me ever since we had come together, I drew on his strength and I would feed him to keep him strong. This bond I know could not be broken, however I could gain control over it.

Each hour I felt physically weaker, but in a way it had made me stranger than the sword, and then finally on the fifth day there was a break. He stopped crying to me.

*CLICK*

"Are you ready to come out Langois?" I looked up and before me stood Myrddin. "Aye, I think I have finally conquered his hunger, that Barl sure was correct." Myrddin nodded slowly and then presented me with my blade. "Get up, we've got to hurry to training." Myrddin and I both strolled to the Sepulcher.

Going cold mongbat from the blade was the most painful thing I've ever had to do, that I can remember. That week in the cell was eye opening, I learned that I could draw my strength from Umbra itself, and I would use Bonedeath to support the will of Umbra.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: