Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Praetor’s First Day

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Spawn
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 pm Post subject: The Praetor’s First Day Reply with quote

A day after being given the position of Praetor of the Northland Republic by their Consul Vaen Swiftar, Spawn decided to start off his new position by walking around the territory to get familiar with places of interest and meet the citizens he would in charge of protecting. Spawn was in his home putting on his armor and the uniform of the Northland Republic. He glanced over his shoulder at his wife Tika, who was still in bed sleeping. After putting on his armor and uniform, Spawn walked over to his sleeping wife, bending over slightly to give her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

I shall be home later in the day my love” Spawn said softly into his wife’s ear. Tika shifted in the bed slightly to get herself more comfortable still sound asleep. Spawn grinned strongly before walking over to a table where his katana laid on a display. He carefully removed the katana glancing it over to check its cleanliness. Spawn nodded in approval of the sword being well kept like a piece of art. He twirled the sword in his katana several times then sheathing it on his belt. Spawn made his way downstairs where the family servant was cleaning cabinets and floors. The servant stood to her feet upon hearing Spawn coming down the stairs.

Good morning Lord Spawn” The servant said bowing respectfully to him. Spawn grinned at the servant standing a few feet away from her.

Good morning Morgana… How are you this morning?” Spawn said.

I am good milord” Morgana said with a smile.

Glad to hear… If you would be so kind as to tell my wife that I left for Northland and should be back later in the day” Spawn said walking outside the front of the house.

It will be done sire. You do not want anything to eat before you go?” asked Morgana. Spawn stopped on the marble steps on the outside of the house glancing over his shoulder at the servant.

Thank you Morgana but I think I shall pass” replied Spawn tipping his hat to her. “Take care of the house and my wife while I’m gone” he said before walking down the marble steps towards the open field in front of the house. The servant bowed slightly and went back to her cleaning. “Kal Ort Por” Spawn casted before being recalled in front of the bank of the city of Minoc. After recalling into the city, Spawn glanced around him seeing a few people at the bank. Some of the people he saw were a hunting party consisting of mostly fighters and two mages. One of the fighters glanced over to Spawn and gave him a respectfully nod.

You’re one of those Republic folk aren’t you?” asked the fighter. Spawn walked over to the fighter speaking to him.

You are correct my friend. I am the Praetor of Northland” Spawn replied with a nod. The fighter dismounted his horse and began to walk towards Spawn to meet him halfway.

Praetor? What is that?” The fighter said raising a brow.

Praetor is between a Sheriff and a Governor I would have to say. Simply put, I am the law of these lands” Spawn said with a chuckle. The fighter let out a hearty laugh after hearing Spawn’s explanation.

Well! That is good to know Praetor! The name’s Grant” The fighter said extending his hand towards Spawn as if wanting him to shake it.

Spawn… Spawn Skyfire” replied Spawn taking the man’s hand with his own to shake it.

It is indeed a pleasure to meet you Praetor… um Sheriff… um Governor Skyfire!” said Grant letting out another loud hearty laugh. He glanced over to the hunting party then back to Spawn. “If you excuse me sire! We have some trolls and ogres to hunt!” Grant continued.

I see… I wish you the best of luck my friend. Be careful out there” Spawn said with a grin. Grant let out another laugh before running to his horse.

Thank you Praetor! I’ll be sure to get you a troll’s head before we return!” Grant shouted jumping up on his horse. He unsheathed his sword holding it up in the air glancing at the other hunters. “Alright boys! Time to bag us some uglies!” he shouted again before riding down the street away from the bank. The other hunters bowed their heads to Spawn before riding after Grant. Spawn tipped his hat to the hunters as they rode off then began to walk the streets of Minoc. He made his way through Minoc, shaking hands and speaking with the citizens of the city. Spawn introduced himself to the shopkeepers and the town guards of the city before arriving at the mines which was a very important part of the city. At the entrance of the mines, he met a miner named Gregory who worked in the mines and agreed to take him on a tour of the mine.

Inside the mine, the two men walked down the tunnels which were lit by lanterns as Gregory explained to Spawn the workings of the mine. Spawn nodded glancing at the miners hard at work digging up the ore listening to Gregory.

We have miners working all day to dig up the ore that goes to the tinkers, blacksmiths and other craftsman throughout Minoc and the nearby cities” Gregory said pointing at the rocks that had the ore inside of it. Spawn continued to watch the mines and its workers somewhat intrigued by what he saw.

How much ore do you mine a day Gregory?” asked Spawn glancing over his shoulder toward Gregory.

It is hard to say Praetor. We dig up and take out tons and tons of ore daily” Gregory replied. Spawn nodded slightly listening to the miner. The two continued walking around the mines before leaving moments later.

Thank you for the tour Gregory. I must say that I’m quite impressed with the mines and hard work you men are doing” Spawn said.

No thank you Praetor Skyfire. It is good to know our work is being appreciated. Be sure to tell Lord Swiftar about our progress” Gregory said holding out his hand.

I shall be sure to tell him when I see him” Spawn said taking the miner’s hand to shake it. “Farewell my friend and keep up the exceptional work” he said walking away from the miner.

Thank you Praetor! Good day to you sire!” Gregory said waving to Spawn. After walking around Minoc, he walked out the city and heading to the next city within the Northland territory, which was the city of Vesper. Upon walking down the road towards Vesper, Spawn heard screams of help coming from the forest a few feet away. Getting closer to the screams, he saw a woman who was being attacked by three brigands.

No please! Let me go! I do not have anything!” The woman shouted trying to free herself from two of the men who had a hold on both her arms.

That’s too bad for you! I guess we are going to have to take your clothes!” said one of the men. The other two men laughed watching him grab the woman’s leg and starting to cut the woman’s clothes with a knife.

I believe the woman said to let her go... Perhaps you have some trouble hearing my friend” Spawn said slowly approaching the brigands and the helpless woman. The two men holding the woman’s arms quickly glanced at Spawn with fear in their eyes. The man who was cutting the woman’s clothing released her leg and faced Spawn with the knife still in hand.

Be gone you! You have no business being here!” said the brigand leader pointing his knife at Spawn.

I believe you are mistaken brigand… I am the Praetor of Northland and therefore it is business” Spawn said tapping his finger against the handle of his katana.

Ooooooo! We have the mighty Northland Republic here! Ooooooo! I’m so scared!” The brigand said with a laugh. The other brigands began to laugh as well still holding the woman by the arms.

It matters not to me if you are scared or not brigand. You are to release that woman and leave immediately” said Spawn narrowing his eyes to the brigands. “I shall not ask again gentlemen” he said placing his hands behind him his gaze still on the brigand with the knife.

Really now? Tell me what are you going to do if we don’t?” asked the brigand walking closer to Spawn.

I shall do what I must brigand” Spawn said reaching for the handle of his katana. “And if that means vanquishing you… So be it” he said unsheathing his katana holding it at his side.

I’m going to enjoy this Republic scum! Die!” shouted the brigand as he began to run at Spawn with the knife in hand. When the brigand got close enough to Spawn, he raised the knife and brought it down quickly at him attempting to stab him. Spawn quickly took his katana and slicing into the brigand’s arm then the back of his leg in one quick motion. The brigand fell to his knees with the knife slipping out of his hand falling to the ground. The two other brigands watched in surprise at their leader laying on the ground shouting in pain with wounds to his arm and leg. The wounded brigand looked over to them attempting to stand to his feet. “Don’t just sit there! Get the dung eater!” shouted the brigand pointing at Spawn, who was twirling the katana in his hand before sheathing it on his belt.

The other two brigands released the woman and began to run at Spawn with their weapons drawn. Spawn placed his hands to side rubbing his fingers together glancing at the two brigands quickly coming toward him.

Vas Flam! Por Ort Grav!” Spawn chanted launching a fireball at one brigand then a lightning bolt at the other. Both of the brigands flew back upon being hit by Spawn’s spells hitting the ground hard. The wounded brigand began to crawl towards his knife glancing Spawn who had his back turned. The brigand attempted to grab the handle of his knife only to see a foot on the blade. He glanced up only to see Spawn standing over him with his foot on the knife.

Ok ok! You win!” The wound brigand shouted moving to a kneeling position holding his hands out in front of him.

Leave… now brigand” Spawn said taking his foot off the knife kicking it away from the brigand.

Ok! I’m leaving!” The brigand shouted starting to crawl away from Spawn towards the other two. “Help me you fools!” shouted the brigand glancing at the two brigands who were slowly standing to their feet. The two brigands rushed over to their wounded leader, picked him up to his feet and began to flee. The woman who the brigands attacked ran over to Spawn wrapping her arms around him as she began to cry.

Thank you! Thank you!” The woman said sobbing uncontrollably. Spawn glanced to the woman feeling her shaking in terror.

I think it is time for you to go home kind lady” Spawn said. The woman nodded quickly releasing her hold on him. Spawn then began to walk away from the woman in the direction towards the city of Vesper.

Yes sire! I will tell my family and friends about your braveness! Who are you sire?” asked the woman who slowly stopped sobbing. Spawn stopped walking slowly glancing over his shoulder at the woman.

Spawn… Praetor of the Northland Republic” he said before walking the forest towards Vesper. The woman composed herself before running back to her home. Spawn continued down the road heading to the city of Vesper before ending his first day as the Praetor of Northland.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: