Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Quiet Night

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Galadriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:43 pm Post subject: Quiet Night Reply with quote

Hearing a soft voice Galadriel opened her eyes abit and looked towards her husband's desk,smiling as her eyes fell on him holding their daughter as he looked over maps.

"See..this is where we live..,"he said as he pointed to a place on the map causing Galadriel to giggle softly.

"I highly doubt she is old enough to read maps just yet..,"she said as she sat up and looked over to them,"perhaps in a few years you can teach her how to read them..,"she said as she slid out of bed and moved over to them.

"Hai perhaps love...,"Micah said as he slid his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to them,"how are you feeling tonight..you were sound asleep when I returned from my patrols...,"he said as he looked up to her.

"I feel fine love...I've been through this before remember?,"she asked as he grinned up at her.

"How could I forget...I still have the battle scars to prove it..,"he said as she leaned down and took Lara from him gently,"and I have apologized to you repeatedly..,"she said as she moved to lay Lara down in her crib.

"Hai I know my dear but I still feel the need to tease you about it..,"he said as he stood up and moved behind her,his hands moving to rest on her slightly swollen stomach.

Turning her head she kissed his cheek gently then pulled away,"come..lets not wake her again...,"she said as he nodded and walked with her back into their part of the bedroom.

"I will be patroling early again in the morning so take caution if you decide to go to the Palace...,"Micah said as he blew out the candle on his desk then moved over to the bed and slipped under the covers.

Galadriel nodded her head,"hai my love...you know I never travel without guards...,"she said as she blew out the other candle then slid in beside him,his arm encircling her and pulling her against him.

"Now then my love..rest you have another long day of patrols ahead of you...,"she said as she kissed his cheek then settled in closer to him.
Micah
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

* Tossing and turning in the bed he gets up, with his nightsight he sees the falling and raising contours of his beautiful wife sound asleep. He walks sliently towards Lara noticing that she too is fast asleep. Moving over to the desk he lights a candle and puts a shade on one of the sides so light does not fall upon his sleeping wife or daughter. shifting some of the papers and charts that are scattered across the desk he pulls clear a blank page and moves his ink set nearer the chair, there he goes and sits down. He starts to draw upon the blank paper, halfway through the design he stops and looks up to his first ever blade that is hung up on the wall... memories come back to him when his father first presented to him the blade and his path, he still remembers his father's words on that day when he was only four years old....*

"Take heed son.... the bokuto can no longer teach you, to truly master this art we must begin study with edged blades..."

*Smiling at the memory he looks down his bare chest and runs a hand along the scar there, his first ever scar... the one his father gave to him because of fighting below his ability the first time he took up a metal weapon and sparred with his father. Looking down at the page and finishes the drawing, once completed he decides that it will do, the design and delicate filligree on the hilt with the petal tracery along the blade, golden and pale puce colourings edge the design on the petals and hilt wire, the hilt pure black leather padded to protect the user from the shock of vibrations. he mutters to himself.*

"Even if she never choses the blade as her art it will do for formal functions and celebrations..."

*Letting the ink dry he place the page at the end of the table, then pulls forth maps and charts of the borders and looks at how the empire's forces are arranged... all the while keeping note of his wife and daughter as they sleep.*
Galadriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling her husband rise from the bed Galadriel continued to lay still watching him,she knew he thought she was still asleep but like every other time she had woken the moment he started to slide away from her.

Watching hm quietly she smiled as she saw him check on their daughter then move to his desk,shaking her head abit she stirred abit but fell still again as she lay there watching.

His face was intent as he worked,she could see that look in his eyes that he had when he had something on his mind. Seeing the smile on his face cause her to smile as well as she sat up and looked over to him.

Slipping from bed she moved over to him and peered down at the drawing,laughing softly she moved behind him and started to massage his shoulders as he looked over the maps,"love...she has barely learned how to crawl..,"she said as she kissed the top of his head then smiled as he pulled her around to his side,"hai I know but she is a fighter like her mother...,"he said as she laughed softly,"perhaps...but she is stubborn like her father...,"she said as he pulled her onto his lap,holding her gently as he looked over the maps.
Micah
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*Smiling up at his wife then looking back down at the map he mutters that the magi lines are too clustered togther leaving weaknesses all along the border. but with our current number of mages it is the best we can do shakiing his head he rubs his weary eyes.*

"My love I can't seem to think yet not be able to rest, it is like a million thoughts, ideas, stratgies are racing through my head like a herd of dessert ostards running to an oasis."

*Galdariel looks at her husband with a worried look.*

"Come back to bed, and just lay there and hold me..."

"Hai, you are right, I am at my best when beside you"

*He looks at her with a glint of humour and lust in his tired eyes, they stand up and he again blows out the candle and walks over to his daughter, kissing two of his fingers and placing them very lightly on her fore head. He then walks over to his bed and climbs in spooning his wife and murmers in her ear I love you, before even his head as hit the pillow he is fast asleep.*
Galadriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadriel pushed back against her husband then laughed softly as she felt the steady rising and falling of his chest,"never fails...,"she said as she rolled onto her back and turned her head to look at his face.

"Sleep well my love...,"she said then looked towards the doors of their balcony,slipping from his arms she stood up and slid on her robe. Looking down to her husband once more she pulled open their bedroom door and quietly made her way to the roof.

"Have you got something to report?

"Yes Mistress...the ronins that linger around our boarders are planning something.."

"Well don't stand there...what are they planning?"

"We are unsure Mistress...but we think it could cause problems for our trades with the mainlands..."

Galadriel sighed softly,if trade caravans bound for the mainlands were attacked this could mean major problems for the Islands.

"Very well send in your best men to get as much information as they can..the more information we have the better prepared we can make the caravans..."

The cloaked figure stepped into the light of the moon and bowed low to her then just as quickly and quietly as he had appeared he was gone.

"Perhaps I should investigate this myself...,"she said smiled softly as she felt the familiar flutterings,"yes I am quite aware of the two of you..,"she said as she placed a hand on her stomach gently while moving to one of the benches and sitting down.
Micah
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*He notices that his wife had left the bed, rolling over on his side he begins to mull through some of his racing thoughts, he gets up from bed and makes his way to his desk, of course stopping by his daughters bed to make sure that the constant getting in and out of bed hasn't woken her. He begins first of by writing a letter to the empress, and gathering the the trainning exercises that he compiled while serving in the Duchy of Trinsic, next off he turns to the decree that the governer regent had laid out and decided to writing a letter to his lordship voicing some of his conserns in that matter, has the messager and falcon set off he leans back in his chair taking in the sight of his libaray and thinks about putting together an index of the subjects so that if needed anything could be found easily.*
Galadriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadriel stood up and moved back down to the door of their bedroom,seeing the light from the candle she laughed to herself and pushed open the door.

"I'm guessing my getting out of bed woke you..?,"she asked as she moved up behind her husband and massaged his shoulders gently.

"Hai my love it did..,"he said as she moved her hands up and pushed back his hair some,"what are we looking at so intently anyway..?,"she asked then sighed softly as she saw the papers.

"Training exercises...I asked you not to bring work home with you..,"she said as she wrapped her arms around her body and rubbed her shoulders.

"I know Galadriel but I wanted to finish this and get it to the Governor-Regent..please don't be angry..,"he said as she looked to him,tears in her eyes.

Sighing softly Galadriel nodded her head then moved back to their bed,crawling under the covers she looked to him abit sadly,"just come to bed soon ok..,"she said then rolled over and closed her eyes.
Micah
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*Having finished his work he once again goes to his daughter, Noticing that she is wide awake he he picks her up and feels what awoken her, muttering he heads off towards his desk again and sets too changing her nappy, once completed he then takes her towards the kitchen and heats up one of her bottles. Checking the heat of her drink on the back of his hean and declaring it acceptable he feeds her. he mutters.*

"Your a hungery one aren't you."

*He smiles at her then burps her, happy that she will settle he rocks her gently has he makes his way upstairs to the bed room, deciding against putting her back in her own bed he climbs in his bed and places her on his stomach and puts his arm underneath his wifes head and falls into a light sleep, every aware of his sleeping daughter on his chest.*
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: