Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

To the Community
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Spawn
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:10 am Post subject: To the Community Reply with quote

It took me the entire last night and most of this morning to think about what has occured the few days on my part. And now I realize that I have become selfish and vengeful because my ability in UO PvP. I thought I could balance out both rp and pvp but I was wrong. I was so into myself I overlooked the rp aspect of this game and went straight into the pvp. I realized now that isn't what I used to do back when I was in Rivendel and Sanctus.

Since becoming good at the pvp partion of UO, I changed into something I never thought possible. I might as well have joined LNR, HOT or some of those pvp twink guilds. Many of you despise me at this point and I can understand that. You can even say I wasn't the roleplayer I used to be. What that being I said, I humbly apologize to all those people for ruining rp plots and taking the fun out of the community for them all because of my thirst for pvp. I was wrong to brag about freeing Imryrr, taking fingers, and such on these forums.

I think it is time for me to step away from this game for awhile to think about this and other things. I do not know how long this break will take... days... weeks... maybe months. But I feel like I must step away from this game before I do more damage to the community than I have done. I just want it to be known that I do not hate anyone in this community and I thought of all of you as exceptional roleplayers and even friends. Now I say good bye for now to you fellow roleplayers of the Atlantic Roleplay Community. Maybe one day, I will return and roleplay like I used to do. Farewell my friends.

Teddy
Player of Spawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My Drama Sense is tingling; something tells me that the problem wasn't so much what you did, but whoever you did it to QQing that they lost. No, I don't really know the situation, just a general first thought regarding this sort of thing.

Anyways, this is a good lesson on how you can't put PvP before RP in a ROLEPLAY COMMUNITY; either the PvP will get out of hand, those that lost the fight/battle/war will cry and scream about it (yes, ICQ and guild/alliance chat count as crying and screaming, one doesn't need an angry forum post or ventrilo to be a dramaqueen, as it was said in the past, but I digress), or both. I hope all of you that are gung ho about these warring / land claim rules take a step back and take note of the fact that this community is rapidly turning into PvP first, and the focus has not been on roleplay ever since those rules went into effect.

See you around Spawnage, yer always welcome to hop on vent (and get WoW) Razz
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ey! You can quit UO PvP, but not Ventrilo PvP! Get on here you crazy copper!
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Kuja here, and I have a feeling more posts like this are looming in the future. Sometimes what looks good on paper is not always good when applied.

I only really know you as an RPer Spawn, and love working on plots with you. I do understand the frustration as I spoke with you a little. We're here if you need us.
Zarlox
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For one reason or another, its best for us all to take a break from time to time. Hope to see you back around man.
Thrax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see you go even for a short time, but I can understand your reasons. I want to thank you publicly for taking an idea I had lying around flat (the Oggaroth stuff) and running with it the way you did. You played him to the hilt and never hesitated to ask how he would act or react in various situations. That takes a special civility and humility rarely seen anywhere. Adding the pvp aspect to that persona, made him everything I wanted him to be since I myself could not. He was truly the avatar of a god while you ran him. I will miss that even if nobody else does. Thank you for making him real.

Don't be gone too long is all I ask.
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just wow. I thought you did a good blen. Hell you happened to pull togther two vassels for me in the empire and did a lot of other stuff.

What am I going to field now in battle? Me by myself? ....roar?

Sigh... like thrax said come back soon...
Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawn, Ill say this. You have kinda been a gauge that others measure themselves against. A RPer that can PvP. Not saying anything bad against teh community, but this game takes all types. You have some that hunt, some that Pvp, and some that RP. Most of the time, they get stuck in the role and don't try to cross over into other aspects of the MORG. Thats what I am trying to do with my chars. I have hunted and killed everything in game, even other players. Im trying to get into the RP aspect, even with my Pvp Char.

I would say that ya gotta do what ya gotta do for you to enjoy your 12.99 a month. And it was fun to fight with you by yew. Im going to say it was a blast. I hope to get to fight you again.
Gailan Ventrue
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

WHat ! Who is complaining about the finger ? IT WAS MY FINGER , damnit! I told you to do it...It was good rp no matter...and for those who whine about the pvp part...Umm correct me if I'm wrong here...but almost a year ago you were asked to play the part of an Evil God. Arrogance , unbeatable etc. That in my opinion plays apart of that role. Spawn you worry to much about what other people think. Who ever complained about this "rp" with you is wrong. For the last 3 weeks rp on Atlantic has gone from 0 to 100 . I mean for 3 nights in yew the protectectorate had almost 30 damned people for gods sake... When was the last time anyone seen that much of a turn out... I actually think Taro and his wicked bunch *smiles* were a little surprised. (They may want to rethink the whole world domination thing *grins*)
Spawn , you and I have see eye to eye very seldom. On this I disagree with you leaving to satisfy the complaints of a very small portion of the people in the community. The only thing I've seen change is that before you would have told them to "f" off and carried on. Where is the old Spawn !
Lator bro and prepare your arse for a beatin when you do come back !
Imryrr Armunn D|O
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

((I just posted a whole lonnngggggg thing then internet got stupid and I lost it all.....so now I'm more ..grrrrr))

Rarely do I say this to someone but .....ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK??

Not balancing your RP & PvP? WHAT? Sweetie, I love you but your wayyy wrong on that one. Ask Cat about the many many phonecalls I've had with her saying HOW WONDERFUL you mesh the roleplay with your Pvp and that you make it work better than most I've ever seen! I've been using you as an example for a couple of others in the guild how RP & PvP work hand in hand for gosh sake!

Please, Do NOT apologize for something you worked hard to better yourself at, and happen to be one of the best at. You've let nothing else lack by making something else better.

Your icqing me back now, so I'll pick this up in there.

*HUGS*

HAWK# 232286048

Walter: "Brian Bael and Cloudster were the ultimate threesome." Now I knowy our fantasy.
Ditto: Our? oooo you swing that way?
Walter: zomg now I gave you a quote *facepalm*
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawn.

No.
Garrick Koetrig
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nein...you vill nicht take breakz!
Er aber, sag's ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

I haven't heard any complaints, nor do I think your overstepping the community boundaries, although I can't account for your personal boundaries. I would make a post if I felt there was any rampant over the top PvP twinkery.

If you feel you have too much PvP focus, take a few days and think through a change in your plot that will allow for different interaction, and keep the PvP aspect as far away as you can in how your plot or character will develop.

I remember interacting with you when you were in Rivendell, and you did a good job then, so I don't see a reason why you can't go back to that style of roleplay if you think your currently too PvP heavy.
Darrien Church
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter nonsense.

Spawn has always maintained the ROE of RP and has always had extensive RP to back up his actions.

His accuser. who-ever he may be, is at best a misinformed twit or at worst jealous.

I would like it very much spawn if you stood IG and RPed EXACTLY as you are RPing now.
Morier
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I don't know you, dude, it sounds to me like you've done nothing wrong. Lots of people here are behind you and enjoy your presence and what you've been doing. Don't leave.

Now I wanna address the people who are accusing you directly, if they're reading:

If you're angry because Spawn disfigured another player's character, you shouldn't be. It was apparently consensual and so has nothing to do with you. It's between Spawn and that player.

On the other hand, if you're only upset because Spawn beat you, I can only suggest that you take this stupid game less seriously. I made the mistake of getting too caught up in all this PvP crap once, and it made me miserable. Just roll with whatever happens, and don't let what some people are saying about you here keep you from changing your perspective. Yeah, you are in the wrong, but it's never too late to try to make things right. Do whatever you think will accomplish that.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: