Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Tavern Nights for the Community... Input needed please...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic

What night of the week would be best for you?
Monday
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
Wednesday
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Friday
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Saturday
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Sunday
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 36

Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:48 am Post subject: Tavern Nights for the Community... Input needed please... Reply with quote

This is not my idea, but it is a good one. In an effort to strengthen bonds within the community and allow people to get to know each other a little better, we could have Tavern Nights. It would be a weekly event, rotating through player owned or run taverns.

The Proprietors would host a night of debauchery and revelry on a schedule, providing runes or gates from a neutral location to their tavern. Food and Drink will be provided, and perhaps entertainment as well. Poetry reading, Story Telling, Dancing and song, or just everyone sitting around and chatting and drinking.

People would be encouraged to remain IC, but could let their hair down. Perhaps the drink might loosen a tongue or two, and could lead to some fun and interesting plot lines. (Please, don't start drama, but possibly some off the wall non-scripted RP could ensue.)

Tavern Owners and Proprietors, please list your establishments here if you would be interested in participating. If you have a particular theme for your Tavern or would like one for the gatherings there, please describe here as well.

I am going to post a poll here for what nights are available. Please, Vote. If we can get this off and running we can strengthen the community. Depending on the number of Taverns we bring into this, would dictate how often it would be held at any one establishment. It would rotate through them all, and dates would be set on the calendar. If for some reason a tavern would be unable to participate one particular night, we could make arrangements to move to another tavern, as long as there was some little advanced warning.

Tuesday and Thursdays are not options in the Polls as there are normally scheduled meetings that would detract from this event.
Thank you for listening. Come, Get your Drink on!!!
Tai Kwan Leap
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday was traditionally my tavern night at the Garden, but to be honest having to do it every week. or run it every week gets old very quickly.

I would be more than happy to add the Garden to the list of community active taverns.
Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get 4-5 Taverns participating, you would only do it one night a month. We can rotate through each participating tavern.
Molly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I could reopen Maggy's near Luna, I would like Sunday. Hanse should be included. What night would be best for them I don't know.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Sir Robert
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I could start to actually host nights at the Wandering Wisp. However, there is no day I can do every week, due to my work schedule. Wednesdays are a complete nono, as I have to work every wednesday.

Though this be madnes, yet there's method in't
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Den is generally there whenever people feel like coming. If you're talking actual events going on at the tavern, though, that'd be cool. But I don't know if everyone would feel comfy at the Den with one of our pole dance contests...
Lord Fong
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

PUB CRAWL!
Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is to schedule events at the pubs/taverns. They will Rotate. An example of the rotation would be something like this...

if 5 taverns participate..

Week 1 - Tavern 1
Week 2 - Tavern 2
Week 3 - Tavern 3
Week 4 - Tavern 4
Week 5 - Tavern 5
Week 6 - Tavern 1
and so on... This keeps it from being a burden on any one Tavern, and could spice things up.

And the proprietor would be responsible for the entertainment or themes.

Attendance would not be mandatory, but would give us all a an opportunity for people to get together and let their hair down.
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what we really need to do is tavern at Ce'Nedra keep wich it set up as a tavern with plenty of games and rules already laid out. and camp it as often as possible so that when she finally logs in we i can put a knife to her throat and demand goods

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
audrina
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a pretty good idea. I remember when everyone used to hang out at Hanses so it was like you would log on and have guaranteed RP. That's always a good thing to have when it's late and you're bored.

It would be interesting to have a set tavern for a week and rotate every week, so that when someone logs on no matter what time they could go there. Of course the tavern would have to be like mutual or something because it would be weird for Umbrans to go to Hanses or Sanctans to the Den. Just a thought.

Last edited by audrina on Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Molly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I can see her reaction now. *grins*
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Darrien Church
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what we need to do in conjunction with the tavern rotations as Thomas proposed them have some "regular" spots that are neutral ground as Audrianna mentioned, places where we can go any hour of any day and know that other RPers may be doing the same thing.

So keep the rotations, but also try to have a "regular" spot...

Perhaps the Hovering Wisp of Sir Robert maybe?

Or a personal favorite...Serpent's Cross. (it's in Fel. ooOoO Scary)
Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Audrina.. I love your idea.. Tavern of the Week.. Guarenteed Neutrality.. and with one night being an event planned by the Proprietor... but open for that week for public access... We will let this poll run for a week or two to get days preferred by members, and a chance for tavern owners to say if they want to participate. WOOHOO!!! I can feel a lot of love in this place already.
audrina
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first....Mister Church...it's Audrina not Audrianna. I'll forgive you this one time. Wink (I kid.)

Secondly the more I think about it the more I like it. I've been wandering around aimlessly lately trying to find other RPers. Having a set neutral tavern each week and having everyone know that if they go there the possibilities of finding RP is high...that's great. Very Happy
Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe.. I run around places like Moonglow or Umbra, and even sanctus as of late looking for chance encounters. It will be nice to know that other RPers looking for some spontaneous RP to be somewhere I can find them.

Heck, I need to find someone to bite my new char so he can become Lycan... Any hungry wolves out there?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: