Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Oggaroth Chronicles: The Host Reclaimed

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thrax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:59 am Post subject: Oggaroth Chronicles: The Host Reclaimed Reply with quote

It was in Umbra that Oggaroth was able to restore his power. There, far below the city lay another city, one in perpetual darkness and chaos, ruled by undead of formidable powers, he discovered one to whom he could communicate telepathically. The undead necromancer and practitioner of ancient magicks, a lich lord, unlocked the remainder of the wards that had hitherto restrained him, and set him free. Although he could not leave this plane, he soon lost that desire...

I shall finish what I started!

A thing that was not diminished was his memory and he knew precisely where he must now go...

To Sanctus, and the home of Spawn

Unfettered by material obstacles, denizens, or any other impediment, he arrived there swiftly. He was in luck! The warrior was at home. Summoning all the force he had at his disposal, he began to examine the mind of his erstwhile host, and found the going much easier than he had anticipated.

What troubles the mighty Spawn?

The man perked up instantly, recognizing the voice. He had been sitting, and now he stood, hand on the hilt of his bokuto. "You!!! But you are dead!!"

Gods do not die, Spawn... at least not I

Spawn clasped both hands to his ears. "Stop it!! Get out!! Get out of my head!" he shrieked, closing his eyes.

Is that what you really want?

The words had a soothing effect. The tormented man let his hands fall from his ears. He calmed somewhat and slumped back down in the chair. "I... don't know... what I want anymore."

No, there *is* something you want, something I sensed in you when I first found you here. You want power. Yes... you crave it! That is why murdered all those innocents. It felt good to hold the power of life or death over their meaningless, mundane, lives, didn't it?

Spawn fell silent.

Yes! And you killed them. Butchered them like cattle. Their cries meant nothing to you. They mean nothing to you now!

How did he know? How could he know... the killings, in Minoc, in the service of the Dark Order? He couldn't know!

Your mind is open to me, Spawn, but I cannot, yet, force my way into your body as I did before. But I can if you allow it. And with me comes power! You remember the power, don't you?

His heart raced. He could never forget the incredible surge of maniacal strength and the utter confidence in himself, that single sense of purpose that had sent brave warriors fleeing in abject terror of him. It *had* felt good. And if the god had to have his permission to enter, then likely it could be bidden to go when the time came... if... the time came. "What do you want from me?"

I want to resume the killing, Spawn. Together we shall be invincible and will rule this plane and all its unworthy inhabitants... or else destroy them all

"And if I refuse?"

You won't

He was right, Spawn thought. He could use that power right now. With it, he would find purpose again. What did he care for the others.. the Regency... Luna... Sanctus? They all had deserted him in his hour of greatest need. Now he would live for himself.

"I am ready. Do what you came to do."
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: