Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Gypsy Helps

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Xandria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:08 am Post subject: The Gypsy Helps Reply with quote

The gypsies had moved into the camp only days before. Their men were surrounding the camp, fighting off the various creatures that wished to prey upon the weak or hapless. The women were gathering the meats from the creatures, curing the meat, and gathering various herbs found near their site. Even here in Ilshenar, everyone felt safe, believing none can harm them, gaining a few coins giving a healing or a useful potion to the various warrior riding by, hoping for the glory that came with the death of one of the more fearsome creatures. For all intent and purposes, life for them was good.

Xandria gave a smirk, watching the group. She walked leisurely through the area, her ensnared daemon dealing with the various creatures wishing her harm. She walked slowly up to the camp, her tail twitching back and forth, giving a false smile to the warriors as she moved to her target. She reached the caravan, and put her hand up to the daemon, signaling for him to wait for her. She walked up the step, and knocked on the door, waiting patiently. An old woman opened the door, her eyes expanded, seeing Xandria in all her glory, tail and horn blatantly displayed.

“Are you the fortune teller of the camp?” Xandria asked, watching the woman for any signs of lies.

“Well, yes, my lady. My name is Anna. Do you wish your fortune told?”

“Hmm, in a way. I wish to find information, but do not know where to look.”

“Of course, this way, my lady.” Anna gave a bow, and opened the door wider, her arm extended towards the room in invitation. Xandria walked in, her shoulders squared in determination. She spied a chair, and sat down, her tail wrapping around the chair leg. She threw down a bag of gold, the clink making a pleasant jingle to the gypsy’s ear.

“I need to know who killed my father.” Anna bowed her head and began chanting, her eyes staring at nothing. She then made a gesture for Xandria’s hand, which she gave willingly, her eyes narrowed as she watched.

“You are a dark soul. Yet, he whom you seek, is darker. Your desire is weak compared to his. Your eyes mark you as queen, but your hair condemns you as a false ruler. Yet, this is not your father. Are you sure you do not wish to know your mother’s legacy?”

Xandria frowned. She never thought of her mother, truthfully. She had been weak, in her eyes. Only wanting to have a “normal” life, trying to pretend her daughter was human, when the physical attributes obviously indicated different. “No, I just wish to know who killed my father.”

Anna gave a nod, and stared at her hand. “He is underneath, where you can’t reach. He is dark, and will try to destroy you. Your greatest fear shall play in this. He knows it, and will use it, in a way you will not enjoy. You mock those who are less than you, but he considers them higher than you. Beware. He has usurped much, and your father was in his way. Your birth was not approved, and you are not as your father was, as you thought. He is, but he is more. That is all I see on him. Are you sure you don’t wish to know your mother’s legacy?”

Xandria gave a small snort, then covered her mouth. “No, I’m sure she can’t be anyone of importance. Nothing you tell me can change my mind on such.”

Anna gave a small laugh, and nodded. “She was far more than you or she ever knew. Your father, he suited her well. The other one, he did not, but was needed for another. That is all I can tell you without you wishing to know more.”

Xandria gave a sigh of irritation. She knew about as much as she did coming into this. And this woman was trying to push something she didn’t care about. “Is there any way I can find He who is dark?” she asked, looking unappreciative.

“Yes, you must go to where he is. But you will not know the information you seek. Such information is not easily accessed. The information is buried, hidden from time, and only seeking it, picturing whom you seek, can you find it and only to those who can go underneath”

Xandria nodded, her mind reeling as she moved out of the chair. She walked out the caravan, and motioned her hand towards the daemon, beckoning it to follow her. She decided to let the camp stay. Anna may get another visit later, and such a useful pers
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: