Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A New Arrival

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rhiannon
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:08 pm Post subject: A New Arrival Reply with quote

As the sun was setting on the horizon, a swift, cool breeze blew onto the shores of Moonglow. The breeze blew across the shore, around a tree, around again and settled into a small whirlwind hovering just above the lush, green grass. The whirlwind grew taller and slowly began to take the shape of a woman. Soon the wind was gone and a woman remained. Long, crimson hair fell to her waist. The light of the sun shined on her dark, bronze skin. A simple, sheer, black robe draped over her body. This was Rhiannon.

Rhiannon's eyes were closed as the final breeze left her body. With her back to the ocean, she kept her eyes closed as she dropped to her knees. She ran her fingers through the earth, concentrating on the cool soil and the sharp grass. She rose to her feet, her eyes still closed, and stretched both arms into the air towards the heavens. She breathed the air and felt the wind of Moonglow on her body. Finally, she opened her dark, emerald eyes as a wide smile spread across her face. In the elements of the island she had found the answer for which she was looking.

"So, my Lady Lee... You are here after all," she whispered to herself.

She shifted her gaze towards the town of Moonglow. With a sly smile, she began walking towards the town.
Lee
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:35 pm Post subject: Is it so? Reply with quote

The sun was setting on a clear, summer evening in Moonglow. Lee rubbed her weary eyes and looked over the table before her. Books, scrolls and quills were scattered over the table. She had been spending much time in the lyceaum studying the history of the race relations between humans and elves. Oh, how she wished to bridge the gap between the two. Each had so much to offer the other...

As she stood to stretch her neck, a breeze blew into the open window of the lyceaum. Suddenly, an uneasy feeling overwhelmed her body. She walked over to the window and searched the land with her keen, elven eyes. She saw nothing out of the ordinary, but a heavy feeling began to settle in her heart. Something was amiss. Something was wrong. Something new was on the island.

She searched the landscape once more and saw nothing unusual. So, she closed her eyes and listened to the island, as an old mentor had once taught her to do. Suddenly, she opened her violet eyes and gasped fearfully. All the color drained from her face, and with shaking hands she vigorously closed the curtains over the window.

"This isn't happening," she whispered to herself. "This is NOT happening," she tried to assure herself again. Her heart sank. It was happening.
Daz
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:22 pm Post subject: What's this? Reply with quote

"There. There it is again! What is that?" he asked himself outloud.

The zookeeper Daz sat at his small desk in the cramped closet that he called his office. The remnants of his dinner were evident off to one side of the table. His companion, Lady Lee, was always fussing at him to eat more, and tonight he had complied. A cooked bird, a salad, two peaches and half of a pie. Ohhh, his stomach was quite full making it difficult to lean out of the much appreciated, yet small, window to see what had caught his attention. What was it?

"I don't know", he said with excited voice.

Out of the corner of his eye he had caught a glimpse of something, moving through the trees and tall grass. It was coming towards him slowly but deliberately. It was not a wolf or a bear, which he was accustomed to seeing. It was large, he thought, as he peered through a spyglass. Perhaps one of the animals in the zoo had escaped. As it moved closer a large, oily black leg appeared. Then another. Then another. Until all eight of the oily spiked appendages were visible above the grass that still covered its body.

Closer it came. The wind stopped blowing. An eerie silence fell over the forest as a thick fog began to take over the forest floor. Daz fell back into his chair as his eyes were still transfixed on the monster that now was only about 20 feet away. It was a monstrous arachnid with multiple emarald eyes glaring towards him. A slime that looked very much like blood dripped from its long fangs. As the spyglass shattered on the floor, the zookeeper let out a gasp. He was trembling now in fear and excitement as he began to sweat. His overpowering interest in creatures and beasts overcame his primal urge to run. Daz quickly grabbed his paints and quill and began to sketch the beast before him. He had completed a rough sketch in no time. At least there would be some record of what had devoured him so thouroughly.

There was a green flash as the eyes of the giant arachnid lit up nearly blinding the young elf. The slime dripping from its fangs sizzled and burned the ground as it hit the stone 10 feet in front of the window. The paints made a splash as they fell into a multicolored glob on the floor. They were of no use now as his hands shook with utter fear now that the monstrosity was only five feet away. He was truely terrified now. Sweat poored off his pale face and his whole body began to shake. He couldn't move. He was finished.

No, it can't end like this. Muscles that had served the elf many times were now useless. All of his strength had left him. He screamed in silence as the wicked arachnid began to crawl ethereally through the wall to come just two feet from his face. He could feel the legs clamp down over him and he could smell the beast's acidic digestive juices as it came in for the kill. Daz closed his eyes, unable to move realizing that nothing could save him now.

DOOM............DOOM............ DOOM, The door to the study crashed open.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH......." The young zookeeper screamed as he awoke with a jump. He jumped out of his chair, eyes darting around the room. He couldn't catch his breath and there was a puddle of sweat beneath him. His office was in shambles. There was no spider. There, in the doorway stood the Moonglow Militia. They had been called because the Zookeeper had been incessantly screaming locked in his closet office. Daz collapsed on the floor into darkness.

As the guards came into the room to help the crumpled body now sprawled on the floor they noticed something. There on the desk where the sketch of the monster had been, was now the perfect depiction of a woman. Half human, half spider.

Daz (MTC)
Zookeeper

p.s. Support your local zoo.
[/u]
Lee
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:17 pm Post subject: Under the shade tree Reply with quote

After resting over night in the woods, it had only taken Rhiannon half a day to pinpoint Lee’s exact location. Rhiannon stepped into the doorway of the lycaeum and looked around. A faint smell of old books lingered in the air, but a gentle breeze blew through the open campus. “Hmph. Old books and fresh air… That seems about right,” she said aloud to herself. She noticed a young student sitting under a shade tree in the middle of the square. He was reading a tattered book and was yawning heavily. His bag was open next to him. She glanced at the bag quickly and then looked him up and down smiling. “Hmmm,” she said as she licked her lips walking towards the young elf.

“Ahem,” Rhiannon said. The first thing the elf saw was her bare feet nuzzled in the green grass. Her feet were dirty. She had obviously been walking with no shoes for quite some time. There were a few scratches here and there. His eyes moved upward over her calves and knees. Her skin was bronze and glistened in the sunlight. “Very nice,” he thought. He lost sight of the bare skin as a sheer, black dress draped over her thighs. His eyes followed her curves and he caught glimpses of her crimson hair that fell to her waist. His eyes locked on her lips as she spoke in a husky, yet feminine, voice. “I would ask you what you are reading, but I have absolutely no interest in books what so ever.” She moistened her lips with her tongue. “You, however, interest me quite a bit.” On this last word his eyes landed on hers and he was enchanted. Eyes like this only exist in dreams he thought.

The elf stuttered nervously, “Um, c-c-c can I h-h help you?” Rhiannon laughed wildly. “Oh yes, in more ways than one,” she whispered as she knelt down to the ground. “Where is everyone,” she asked quietly.
“Most are at home for the summer. There are just a few of us students here, and the Dean of course,” he pointed over his left shoulder.
“Ah ha…”
Her lips scooped up his in one brisk motion. The elf had no idea what was happening, but he did know that he liked it – very much. “I should ask her name,” he thought to himself as her lips circled his tongue. “And I should ask her if she would like to join me for some ail at the tavern…” Her tongue slipped into his mouth. “Maybe she would want to meet my folks…” Her hands pulled his shirt over his head. “Or I could just ask her to marry me and bare my children….”

When the elf woke up the woman was gone and so was his bag. He stood up with a start and looked around. The reality of the situation came crashing down on him. She had stolen everything he had! All of his armor! His gold! His spell books! He was chilly too…. He looked for the clothes he had been wearing. Argh! He smashed one of his fists into the ground. “That…that…grrrrr” He tried to think of a name for her. He thought of her kiss… His anger began to fade. Those lips…he almost giggled. Those eyes…..“Oh, let her keep the blasted things!” He proclaimed with a smile as he put his hands behind his head and laid back on the ground. The cool ground felt rather good on his naked bum. He looked up at the blue sky and sighed contently. “What a beautiful day!”

Rhiannon giggled hysterically as she reached the other side of the lycaeum. She looked in the bag and counted the gold. She slipped off her dress and put on some of the armor. “Oooo”, she said as she spied a golden robe at the bottom of the bag. “I likey!” She went to slip it on and decided against it. “Eh. It is pretty but I don’t like clothes. I’ll give it to Lee!” She looked down the hallway toward the Dean’s office. She grinned devishly. “Here I come old buddy,” she whispered with a sneer. She gathered her new things and scurried down the hall.
Lee
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:23 pm Post subject: Headache Reply with quote

Lee’s eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep. Rhiannon’s arrival and Daz’s nightmare had troubled her so greatly that she had slept very little the night before. Lee tapped her quill repeatedly on her desk until the tip broke. She threw it into the pile with the other broken quills and picked up another. “She cannot be here! It just is not possible. Why is she here? What else does that woman want?” Lee asked herself these questions again and again. She could not produce any answers. “That woman brings destruction everywhere she goes. I do not want her here in Moonglow!” After many years of searching, Lee had finally found a place that felt like home. She had studied in Moonglow in her earlier years and had always thought of it fondly. She was so happy to find that the town welcomed her back with open arms. What wonderful friends she had made here. When she had first felt Rhiannon’s presence, fear had overcome her body. Lee had lost many things because of Rhiannon. She had even lost a home. She could not stand to lose another.

Lee threw the quill down and brought her hands to her head. She massaged her temples. “WHY? WHY? WHY??? Why does she follow ME around? Why not someone else? Or, why can’t she just find a companion and settle down?” She looked out of her office window over the lycaeum square and then exploded with anger, “AND WHY IS THERE A NAKED ELF ON THE LAWN???”

The office door opened and Rhiannon walked in. In one quick motion Lee scaled her desk and pulled her sword. She grabbed a handful of Rhiannon’s hair and pinned her against the wall while she put the sword to her throat. “What do you want?”
“Lee! Easy there girl. Can’t a friend drop by and say hello?”
“Friends can, but you cannot.”
“Now what does that suppose to mean?”
Lee pressed the sword against her flesh and tightened her grip on her hair. She brought her face just and inch from Rhiannon’s and screamed. “LEAVE!!!”
Rhiannon coughed, “Have you been eating garlic?”
As much as she hated to do it, Lee just couldn’t help herself. Lee chuckled. She release Rhiannon and walked back behind her desk. Rhiannon rubbed her neck where the sword had been. “You really should sharpen that blade.”
Lee pursed her lips, “Yea, yea, yea.” Lee turned to Rhiannon and quietly asked, “Why are you here?”
“I told you. I just dropped in to say hello. Oooo, is that cherry,” she asked, eyeing a slice of pie on Lee’s desk.
“Strawberry.”
“Hmmmm,” Rhiannon responded as she helped herself to a bite with her hands. Lee sighed. “You just take and take from all you meet.” Lee looked back to the naked elf on the lawn. Her eyes widened as she looked back to Rhiannon. She pointed to the elf. Rhiannon batted her eyelashes and said, “Oh yea! Check out this snazzy robe I got for ya!”
“ARGH!” Lee brought her hands to her head and massaged her temples again.

As she massaged she looked up and saw a pigeon flying towards them. The pigeon landed on Lee’s desk and she took the scroll from it’s talons. Rhiannon began poking gently at the pigeon. The pigeon ignored her. “I must visit Daz at the healers. When I get back I hope you will have left.” Lee stated sternly.
“Daz?” Rhiannon questioned. “I thought I sensed him here…”
Lee pointed to Rhiannon, “Please, just leave.” Lee cast a spell and vanished. Rhiannon raised her eyebrows slightly and stuck her finger in the pie again. She pulled out a warm, gooey strawberry and licked it. “Lee sure knows how to hold a grudge.”
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: