Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Hexes by moonlight

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Aeloth Nazduin
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:30 am Post subject: Hexes by moonlight Reply with quote

Sanctus, Nothing more than a refuge for those who seek to mingle amongst others who oppose the shadows that encompass the meadows and mountains of Malas. Day after day I sat there in hopes of finding more to aid in my search, But of course my thirst had yet to be quenched.

I prepared to leave the Hostel when I was approached by an elf, Brown of hair and thin of frame. His style of dress was a bit relaxed, perhaps leaning toward more shadowed tones of fabric. Gazing upon him was almost like watching a malevolent shaman dance about a fire, Ready to damn any and all who dare to defy his word.

"You know of enchantments, Do you not?" the elven one inquired.

"I know of them, Why do you ask?" I asked harshly, inclining my head.

"There is a building which is enchanted by magic, Protected even," the elf began, My interest growing rather slowly at this point. "I need this protection removed, Any price asked shall be met accordingly." I nodded once in reply, Now very interested. "It is the elven building known as Asur'Herenion. "

I nodded to myself, Knowing I may attain information of what lies beyond these "moongates" as payment. He gave me a small black rune, and informed me to go to the location etched upon the small token. I did so, and ended up atop the northern snowy peaks of Malas.

While the elven fellow argued with another elf that happened along, I contimplated the positive and negative outcomes of all that could be a product of this act. I could gain knowledge of what is beyond Malas, And never be found. Or I would be found, and impaled publically in a mock ritual of justice. Such a risk I was willing to take, So I motioned the elf away from the newcomer.

"It shall be done, I will come under the guise of nightfall to do so."

The deal now official, I travelled to the southeast to meet with my colleague Vrae'il to inform him of our task. We produced the necessary supplies for the ritual: A skull, some nightshade, batwings and grave dust.

We gathered pale gray robes to use as a disguise, As well as ebon wooden masks carved from the wood of the corrupted forest, Both fashioned with runes painted on with the black tree sap native to the area.

The two of us arrived at Asur'Herenion, And began the ritual. I placed the skull and the herbs on the soft snow, and Vrae'il started to chant. As he chanted, I ground the herbs into the snow, discoloring the pure white to a greenish-gray combination. He continued to chant with such vigor in his voice, seemingly preparing to bring the incantation to a close. I placed the tainted snow in the skull, And as predicted Vrae'il finished.

The skull exploded in an encompassing green cloud, A sure sign our curse was triumphant. We removed our ritual robes and masks, then travelled to Sanctus to meet with this elf.

He was more than pleased to hear we were succesful, Thusly I demanded for our payment. I asked him to tell us what was beyond the Lunar gates that the strangers have used for many years now. Turns out there are multiple plains of reality through these gates, Not just one. They are called facets, Three others outside of Malas. Two of them were one in the same, Except one was ruled by light and the other by dark. The third was a facet unlike the other two, completely riddled in mystery unable to be uncovered by one person alone.

I was given a rune, Unlike any other I had seen. The markings were alien to me, I went from bewildered to suspicious all to swiftly.

"A rune to an ancient city in the facet rueld by evil, Do take a look some time." The elf said.

I nodded once, and clutched the rune tightly as he left.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: