Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Mirrored Legacy

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
A Lost Soul
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:41 am Post subject: Mirrored Legacy Reply with quote

“Penned into the soft flesh of parchment are words that give birth to a thousand meanings, how pretentious the mind is when all we see is one.” - Author Unknown

“Tie them up!”

“I…I…can’t…you said we would not have to do this!”

“I promised nothing. They are your weakness. You must revile such veneration to fatally virtuous ancestry.”

“I won’t do it… I can’t… Elaina… you’ve already done enough to her, there does not need to be anymore lessons… no more pain, please.”

“Your sister and the rest of this righteous brood of cognates will die regardless of your pathetic pleas. Kill them yourself and be one with us, fail to do so and be impoverished to both.”

“I won’t do it! You must stop this insanity, please, for all that I have done, abandon this ceremony!”

“Such benevolent contention does not befit you. Perhaps a kindred awakening is required. Perhaps you need to watch them die.”

“Stop it! Stop it! You can’t do thi….”

Beads of sweat slid softly down the brown matted hair of the sleeping figure, drab beige robes inscribed with a scholarly crest etched upon the breast draped the figures pale white skin, clinging to the dampness in a fearful embrace. Rustling the thin cotton sheets, the figure sat up suddenly, eyeing the dark surroundings as a single candle, nearly burned to its base, orchestrated a symphony of dancing shadows.

Gazing into the darkness with addled eyes, the figures hoarse breathing slowly descended to inaudibility. A mask of relief shrouded his features as the actualization of his surroundings materialized, only to be slowly replaced by one of repentant sadness. As the dance of shadows began its crowning performance, a slight tear, invisible beneath the drapery of sweat, slid down the figures face, only to be snuffed by the blackness of night.

Hollow footsteps echoed through the halls of the Lycaeum, joining alongside a tainted silence as suppressed whispers stirred through the musty air. A young monk wearing the beige robes of the order sat quietly in study, his brown hair disheveled, and his posture forlorn and withdrawn. Gazing up with crippled almond eyes, the monk ingested his surroundings wearily. Murky avian shadows circled overhead, slaving their way through a pigmentless gray sky, floating miserably above the parchment beige flowers and blades of inky gray grass. Centering his vision on his papers, the once colorful manuscripts had bled their vibrance away, faded with the passage of time alongside the joyful memories of ages past.

“ ‘ello lad. How are ye this mornin’?”

The brambly voice of an aged monk jarred the young monk from his trance, stoically centering him in his superior’s direction.

“I…have had better days sir. I really cannot chat now; I must get back to this translation, I hope you understand…”

A look of impatience painted the young monks face as he fidgeted in his seat.

“Oh…I see. I understand well enough. Don’t let the past get to ye boy, remember that to acknowledge the negative is to surrender to futility, one must resolve to change, rather than to accept. I hope this means something.”

The aged monk smiled solemnly, eyeing the young boy with a look of paternal remorse.

“Thank you for the advice, but… I really must get back to work.”

The young monk quickly turned in his seat, his posture elevated protectively, shunning any reply.

As the hazy streams of light settled amongst the ground, the young monk marched slowly back to his sleeping quarters. Sitting upon the unkempt cotton sheets, the young monk moved slowly towards his book of prayers. Stopping suddenly, his fingers caressed the thin cover, and with a small sweep of his palm, the book fell ominously to the ground. Striking his flint, a faint spark appeared, devouring the silhouette of the candles wick, giving birth to the dance of shadows once more performing their ghastly encore. The young monks eyes gently closed as a look of resignation fell over his face, carrying him to sleep.

“Tie them up…”
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: