Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Question

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:45 am Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Ok..this eve..first time in a while I actually rped longer than 5 minutes with the saying BRB hopefully if I get hte little one asleep... well anyways.. my question is.. I had two orcs come to the house and set fire to the garden that was on the roof... I emoted that my character smelled fire...now is that safe to say...seeing how I didn't see them actually set hte fire? Just cuirous if this would be good or not.
Nazralte
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say yes. Heck, if the wind is right, you can smell a fire a mile away or more.

If its on the roof and your on the bottom floor, it may take a few minutes for someone to figure out where its coming from, but youd smell it I would think. Course, anyone outside would see it instantly..

Nazralte
Former Regent of Britannia
NOT Malorn
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

If there is a fire in the building you are in or near, you're going to smell at least a hint, and fire is a distinct smell.
Porthos
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Deffinatly. you talkin full on fire. I can smell when when food is burning
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Smell it sure, but you would need to check it out to know where it was coming from. Glad you got a break long enough to play Laughing
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you'd smell it. And, depending on which floor you are in.. if you are on the floor right under it and it's a large enough fire, you might feel heat.
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks..I know with the mechanics of the game..and such and everyone has different views..I was unsure... plus..another thing..they were fire fields...I emoted that my character got water to douse the flames..while I used my dispel field spell... was that a good call too? Man I feel so much like the noob...half tempted to do a post saying Hi my name is Cassy..and I am new to the rp realm of UO...for there are times I feel like it..I also want to thank Moonglow...Umbra...and Orcs along with those that fought with the Mreal family last night for giving me a good time to rp...now if I can just get Angelique and Isk on the next time I have free time..Ali sure does miss them as well as her hubby Eldred...which brings me to another question...what do you all say when you have a spouse or S.O in game that is absent? Do you make up a story as to why they aren't there??? Or do you just ignore any questions related to their whereabouts? I always make them hunting...but man..to listen to my characters say they are hunting..sure does make it seem like they don't want to be around their S.O...lol..well anyways...just curious....
Reminisence
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

to answer your question about what to say about missing in game spouses....I just say he is in his lab, or library.

But then again it is smogg, and well even when he is actually in game, this is where you can most likely find him, so it doesnt really matter lol
Lucian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me take the time to point out that Sadira is one post away from a Loony Crown. We now return you to your regular programming.
Mallory Ventrue
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

And what is wrong with looney crowns?? Nothing I tell you... nothing!!

Shabam 07:41PM actually meet me somewhere!
Shabam 07:41PM I looked at t.v....
Shabam 07:41PM and got lost

Ken 05:39PM You want to see the short of it?
NOT Malorn
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*Points to his three he has attained in his two years here as to signify his status of "know-it-all"*

Anyway, I would say, they are sleeping or out on erands or the like.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: