Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Prayer and Mutterings...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rufus Oryan
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:26 am Post subject: Prayer and Mutterings... Reply with quote

The hot Nujel'm sun floated overhead. On this day, Rufus had arranged to sail to the isle, looking to pray near its outskirts. Most assume it is odd for a Regent, a person with a position of such power and responsibility to place himself around an imporverished people just to seek out prayer. Twas his assoication with Spirituality and its refuge, as well as a natural connection with the beings about the realm that brought him to such circumstances.

The Regent fell to his knees at a Northwestern point of the Isle, removing his cloak and sandals, as well as his bandanna, he bowed towards the open Sea, to the humid air, and the scorching sun, muttering wordings...prayer-like wordings...

"It is this day, that I bow before the Natural forces of Balance and the Heirphant of Balance, Ssithnos as well as her associates to give thanks. I thank thee for the advancement of the people that I surround myself with. With their interest in a more positive nation and community they have bestowed unto me the honor and responsibility associated with the Title of Regent. I know that with the strengths given to me, I shall carry out their intenetions with every inch of my being. With your blessings, I shall walk among them and serve them best I can..."

Rufus sat up for a moment, bowing his head once again. Raising his right arm slowly, his hand brushed over the Marking under his eye that Alarin had placed some time ago, as he looked through the hot air, he spoke in a low voice,

"Tis with this physical marking that, I will forever remember that I cannot lose sight of my purpose...I am reminded that I am to push for beings to succeed and that existance and consistancy of energies that fuel our existance must be capotalized on...or else they are for naught and dwindle. To have strayed cross all paths, acquiring the emotional and spirital brandings associated with each is a blessing in itself. I thank thee for the abilities ye have placed within me. It is with these blessings that we will move forward, and prosper.....Amen"

Rufus stood to his feet, allowing the heated sand to comfort his stance. A smile crossed his face as a small child came and stood by him. He patted the child on the head and collected his belongings, walking towards the Golden City of Pleasure. Words echoed in his head, carried on the winds.."There is more to learn..."
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: