Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Fallen

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
NightShade
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:24 pm Post subject: The Fallen Reply with quote

She eyed the dueling pair with her usual detached smirk. She was so hungry it pestered her constantly. She had come to loath eating, as she felt enslaved by her need for blood. She would continue to rebel against it she resolved and held herself at the moment, firm. She would not be controlled by it; she would determine where and when she ate.

The two duelers fought with rising anger and blood had spilt upon the ground. She stared at it longingly then she heard one of the duelers exclaim something about Oblivion. She shook her head, no; it could not be the Ebon Skull behind this surprise encounter?

The fresh smell of blood hit her senses once more taunting her as it leaked from the dueling pair. Her vision grew more acute, her hearing suddenly picking up every small noise, even that of a nearby heartbeat. She could feel the leather of her armor rubbing against her skin and it drove her mad as her senses heightened, a frenzy growing within her. She struggled wildly within herself, even as the two duelers struggled for victory against the other.

Steel was a cunning warrior, his strength as their warlord unprecedented amongst their ranks. Many a foe had fallen before his blade, yet tonight would prove different. Shades horror grew as she saw Steels foe slide his weapon cleanly into him. Steel his face contorted with surprise, dropped to the ground. Her hunger forgotten, she and others had rushed forth Xandria’s heart gleaming in her eyes her tail swishing agitatedly. The fighter made motion to detach Steels head and Shades eyes gleamed with knowledge. He knows, he will destroy him; there was only one reason why he would wish to detach Steels head. Cear stepped forward commanding them stay back and tend to Steel, and stepped in front of the fighter blocking him from beheading the fallen Steel.

Shame filled her as she looked at the fallen Steel, her bloodlust returning with force as his powerful blood seeped from its open wound. Her vision tunneled her mind lost to all she knelt fangs gleaming, head dropping. Xandria grasped her shoulder firmly, Shade, stop! She cried. Xandria grasped Shade roughly and dragged her back from the fallen Steel. Yet still she struggled to break free so great was her need, she and Xandria fought heatedly for a few moments.

The fighter saw this distraction as his chance and ducked quickly about Cear and with a final forceful blow he removed Steel's head. Shade stilled and stared horror running within her. His head she screamed, no, it cannot be. She began to shake in violent measure Xandria releasing her surprised by her odd behavior. Shade felt weak, she could not rise, she would not move. The fighter stared at them with malicious intent then quickly set Steels body a flame. He ran off with Steels head still perched upon his weapon, Cear turning with an angry shout and quickly gave chase. Xandria and Cissa rushed to put out the flames leaving Steels slightly charred remains. Shade could not look. Xandria ran tearfully to the body, throwing herself upon it. Xandria began to sob her being shaken. Nightshade stared and thought;A kindred lost, she had never seen such things before.

May I see the body? A voice broke thru her silent state. Xandria clung protectively to the fallen Steel. Shade looked up, seeing the figure of a man before her she slowly stood and turned. I am Nightshade stranger, what is your name? Isk, he replied. She gestured toward the fallen Steel. He cannot be brought back Sir I don’t see what good it will do. Xandria shifted kneeling still beside Steels corpse. Isk hovered for a moment over the beheaded corpse, in a motion that seemed to be searching for something. With a quick slide of a blood-covered hand Isk turned quickly away. I take my leave. Shade stared at him uncaring and shrugged it did not matter. None of it mattered. She felt the loneliness of her existence as yet another about her for whom she cared disappeared. Anger reared its dragon shaped head within her. It’s not fair! Not fair! They leave us here to complete the cleansing alone.

Xandria grasped the body of Steel and conjured a gate. We bury him at Blackrock; Shade enough of your yelling. Xandria, you cant understand what I have just seen, what I have witnessed. Xandria spoke her voice filled with anger. You are so selfish Shade you think only for yourself, if I were not struggling to keep your ravenous teeth away from him, all of this may not have happened. Perhaps I could have helped him she said more quietly.

Shade looked between Xandria and Cissa her eyes in silent torture. Stiffly she spoke; I will meet you at Blackrock to bury the corpse.
Turning angrily she exited the room.

Her anger gave way to rage and her gnawing hunger. She was helpless to control it, to long had she stayed herself from eating. She spied a small hut in the distance and descended on it in a violent rage slaying all that came before her. Their pleas for mercy falling on deaf ears, she cut their throats with cunning accuracy her excitement growing as fresh blood spilt wet and warm upon her clothes. Mindlessly she dragged the closest corpse, a man to her. She cradled the man close as she drank, bloody tears falling upon the corpse, as she pressed tighter against it. How could she have thought that her purposeful starvation these last few days would go un-punished? Fool, she thought to herself, you are a slave unto yourself. At last the man's blood ran out and she threw the corpse with disgust, from her. Her hunger still dictating her movements she grasped the body of a woman lying nearby. She stayed until each corpse was emptied of their life’s blood, her shame growing as she knelt drinking. She stayed there trapped, wrapped in her silent frenzy, a monstrous being enslaved by her never-ending hunger.
Xandria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking up, Xandria stared at Nightshade. “He will live right?” She looked in hope, wishing Nightshade would say what she wanted to hear. Nightshade rolled her eyes in disgust. Looking back down at the body, Xandria’s mind kept pleading. Please, don’t be dead. I’ll be good. I’ll behave. Just, please don’t be dead.

“He severed the head, and then burnt the body,” Nightshade said, looking down at Xandria. Xandria heard the words, and closed her eyes, defeated. She could hear the confusion around her, but she no longer cared. She suddenly became aware of Narcissa handing her a tissue. She looked up, confused, then took the tissue, and held it, staring at the body. She felt Narcissa hold her, and she leaned in, still not comprehending what she was staring at. She could hear Nightshade speaking of being alone, but she didn’t understand what was being said.

“I was alone before he died,” she whispered to Nightshade. Looking up, she stared at the two women in front of her. “Let’s take his body back, back to Blackrock to be buried.” She hefted the body, holding it close to her. Kal Ort Por, she whispered, and found herself on the sandy beaches in front of the guild house. Her mind began to race. He had said Dan. Yet, it was a slave who had done this, not one of light and virtue. She closed her eyes, trying to remember. Her mind, though, would not focus on what had happened before the death. She knew she had to find out for sure.

“I need to go. I need to see something. Someone.” Feeling flustered, Xandria used her magic to search in the one place she could think of that she would find the killer. Running up to Charnel Hill, she saw her target.

“You!” she yelled, then ran up to the man, and slapped him. The man just grinned at her, smirking. “You killed my husband!” Suddenly, she felt a war fork encircling her neck. Her eyes widened, as she stared at the man. She heard to her side a man’s voice, dripping in disgust.

“Husband?” Abominox said, staring at Xandria.

Ignoring him, she stared into the slaves face. “Kill me,” she said, no longer caring. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Abominox take out a ring, which gleamed with familiarity. She heard the slave make a threatening noise, but ignored it, staring intently at the ring.

“Next time you get a husband, don’t throw your thoughts of him away,” Abominox said, holding the ring out to her. Xandria took the ring, and clutched it in her hands. “Or, the ring. Now leave. The slave will be punished.”

“No,” she said, and then stared at the slave. “Kill me.” The slave chuckled, and used his war fork to make her neck bend. She could hear Cear and Abominox talking in the background, but her only thought was on the slave who had murdered Steel. She saw him request permission from Abominox, and she waited, wanting to die. Then, suddenly, with a swift move with his fork, she vision turned dark, and she saw nothing.
Waking up, she looked around, unsure of how or why she was home. Sitting up, she noticed she was on the floor. She stared at the ring, and then shook her head, knowing that part of her life was truly over.
Narcissa
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:22 am Post subject: You Hace GOT To Be Kidding Me... Reply with quote

Narcissa could hear the angry voices, so loud they boomed into the next room over. The very room Cissa, Shade and Xandria were trying to escape. The men seemed to have gotten over fine, leaving us behind. These luminescent markings kept transporting her and her fellow Cabalists this way and that. Invisible walls seemed to stop them from advancing.
This must be a puzzle

Narcissa noticed a bit of a pattern of the markings and where they were transported to. Then she heard one of her brethren shout, “Narcissa!! the rune directly east of where you are now, and Hurry UP!”, then before she could identify the helpful voice, it had vanished into the room.
East, hmm

Throwing caution to the wind Narcissa stepped on the marking and was instantly transported in of the door she had been trying get to. She could still hear the others transporting about and cursing. Relieved with joy that she no longer had to deal with the evil floor alphabet, she dashed into the door and abruptly came to a halt as she saw weapons drawn.

Then as soon as she had time to register what she was seeing she heard Steel yell, “Cissa. Get out of the way.” Fuming, she stepped aside; surely we didn’t just go through that Hell to watch the boys compare the size of their swords!! She thought. She saw Nightshade and Xandria enter the room, and were as confused and frustrated as she was.

Unsure and uncaring who started the duel, she sat there watching from the side lines listening to Steel shout such things as, “Do not interfere” and “stay back”. Confused as to why Steel thought the need to say this to use as they were quite used to this behavior. Then she heard something that Alarmed her, she was so shocked she only caught the beginning “ mm mm......You have to please your master! .....mmm mm”

Master? Who’s master? Who was this Man, and what business does he have with Steel?
Then Narcissa saw the blade enter Steel. She blinked and rubbed her eyes, surely not she thought. No, no it can’t be. But as she saw him fall to the floor impaled, she ran to his side.
There was a sudden rush toward Steel. Both the Cabal and the man he was fighting. Then she heard shouting, “Get Away From Him!!!!!!” Cear yelled as the man advanced on Steels lifeless body.
“Will you stop me?”
Narcissa’s voice chorused her fellow Cabalists, “I will”
What happed next was somewhat of a blur and, Narcissa was only left with the result, a dismembered Steel. Cear ran passed her after the fleeing man. She barely moved out of the way as the flames rose to the ceiling. The flames fell as quickly as they rose. She ran back toward the corpse.
“He can rise...........like he had before” Cissa said, but looking into the eyes of Nightshade, she knew. Steel would not rise again.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: