Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Surprises (part 2)

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mallory Ventrue
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:39 pm Post subject: Surprises (part 2) Reply with quote

The evening began with tensions high, and it appeared that they would not be lessening as they all sat down for dinner. Not only was Brianha home, but Max was back as well. Recalling what Smiticles had recently said, Mallory thought maybe the Virtues had been wise in keeping him away this evening. One of the things she loved most about the man was his passion, for his friends and his family there was nothing he would not do. She knew that had he been here there certainly would have been more than words and looks flying across the table. Brianha began telling of her ordeal, and the more she spoke the more her friends looked confused and hurt. Mallory looked around the table and noticed a new face amongst them and with a smile she tried to change the atmosphere by asking the man who he happened to be. He fidgeted and mumbled something so softly that Mallory couldn’t hear him. By now everyone at the table was looking at him and he revealed that he was Asher, he was from Minoc and a friend of Vaen. Words became heated and within little time Asher left, with Brianha quickly following.

The conversation around the table dwindled and Mallory felt very uncomfortable and out of place. She had not known Brianha as the rest of those sitting around the table. The only other person she really knew here was Lord Roc, and he appeared to be even more uncomfortable than she was. He had scarcely said two words since he arrived, and looked like he was about to bolt for the door. She was about to suggest that they make their way back to Sanctus, when Brianha came back and the conversation turned to Smiticles, who was not there. Mallory listened as Claudette and Nicodemus filled in Max as to the whereabouts of their friend and guildmate. Mallory noticed Claudette look towards her and Mallory blushed slightly, not knowing if they all knew of the relationship between Smiticles and herself. She absentmindedly started fiddling with her earrings and suddenly was reminded of the comfort that he brought to her.

As they were leaving the table from dinner, Mallory overheard Max speaking poorly about Vaen and she felt her temper give way. She turned on her heel and looked up at Max and clenched her fists at her side. "Mister Max, you should be ashamed of yourself. Speaking about someone who isn’t even here to defend themselves…" She shook her head and although she wanted to say more she turned and made her way downstairs, with Brianha following her. Mallory turned to her to apologize for ruining her night, but Brianha stopped her and asked her why she was so upset. Mallory explained to Brianha, that everything she had heard Vaen accused of couldn’t possibly have been done by the man she knew. There had to be more to the story and she didn’t want to hear him being talked bad about without knowing all of the story. Brianha nodded in agreement and understanding, but did not offer any insight.

Mallory looked up and noticed Asher standing at the door, looking uncomfortable. He wished to speak to Brianha, so Mallory made her way out to the library, where Max raised an eyebrow in her direction. She made her way over and explained herself to him. " Mister Max, forgive my outburst upstairs, but it does not seem that long ago that there were some that were warning you about someone and you did not take to kindly to that. The man I knew, the man you called a friend, he would never do these things that were done. There must be a further explanation…" Max listened to her and accepted her apology. Mallory did not think he agreed, but it was not her place to convince him. Brianha rejoined them and Asher soon left. They all retired to the first floor for milk and cookies. Mallory noticed that Brianha seemed different after speaking to Asher, but she didn’t know why. She watched as she and her cousin talked and giggled together. At the next table over Nicodemus and Max were in their own conversation. Mallory decided that it was time for her to leave, so she excused herself. As she left she noticed that Liam, Vaen’s cousin was waiting on the front step. She stopped to talk to him and ask him about Vaen. It was then that she was told that Vaen was dead.

Mallory felt her heart drop and suddenly the steps seemed to be moving. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, but was unable to hold back the emotion that came flooding over her. She sat on the step and placed her head in her hands and sobbed. She would never have the chance to say goodbye to her friend. Although they were no longer lovers, he still held a very special place in her heart and to know he would never return… She shook her head in disbelief. She made her way back inside the house and Brianha came over immediately and confirmed the news. Mallory excused herself made her way back out of the house with Brianha. She knew that there was much Brianha would want to talk about with her guildmates and family. They would speak again soon.

Mallory shook her head and decided she needed to write to Smiticles and tell him about the mysterious party. She pulled out a piece of parchment and began to write…

My darling love,

I pray that this letter finds you well and out of harm's way. Although it has not been much time since we were last together, I miss you terribly. You are the honey that sweetens my milk, the sun that warms my face, the dew that quenches the thirst of the smallest flower.

It was unfortunate that you were unable to attend the party last night, but I truly believe it was possibly for the best. The sender of the letter was none other than your guildmate and friend, Lady Frasier. When we arrived tensions were very high, and could be evidenced by the atmosphere that was thicker than the slime in Trinsic bogs. Not only was Lady Brianha there, but Sir Max was there as well. They asked about you, and Claudette and Nicodemus told them of your return. The evening was filled with many surprises, not all of them good. We were told that Vaen has died, and that was a shock to us all, friend and foe alike.

I miss you my dear. My thoughts are constantly with you. I yearn to once again be within your strong embrace. Until then…

All of my love,
Mallory

She sealed the note with a bit of wax and a kiss. On the front she wrote Smiticles’ name and delivered it to his home and placed it in the basket on his front steps.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: