Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

hour of darkness

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tai Kwan Leap
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:16 pm Post subject: hour of darkness Reply with quote

Tai Kwan had gently helped his wife the Empress down onto the futon she had asked to be placed in the temple. He knelt in desai position and held her hand until it went limp. It was barely past the mid-day bell and she was already in bed for the night. He leans over and kisses her forehead and scuttles back from her body at least six paces before he stands.

He stands slowly strapping on his armor. The Champion pulls the dark breastplate over his head and slowly fastens the buckles. Tai Kwan pulls on his dark leggings, stomping his feet to get the full fit. He slowly pulls on his Stormgrips, flexing his fingers to make sure the fit is correct. Lord Otori pulls on his sleeves of crimson, adjusting the straps across his chest. Looking to where he left his helm and mempo at the altar, he approaches and places his crimson helm on. Tai Kwan looks to his wife one last time as he slowly locks his mempo in place. He hefts his Talon Bite.

The Champion bows to the temple one last time before stepping out.

He senses the arrow as it is strung and looks for the archer. The sound of a bowstring being released registers absentmindedly. Tai Kwan tucks his Talon Bite into the sling on his back and seemingly plucks the arrow from the air inches before his heart.

"Master Po, I know you sent this arrow, show yourself. I do not have the patience for trickery" Tai Kwan says tossing the arrow aside.

"Death is a circular pool for all that can be entered from any side" Master Po says nocking, two more arrows and releasing them blindly.

The upper arrow flies true to Tai Kwan's left shoulder, but he easily knocks it to the side. The second arrow strikes him in the thigh just as his hands break off the shaft. Tai grunts as he pulls it free and drops it to the ground still advancing into the courtyard.

"I am not in the mood for your lessons today, my sensei" Tai states moving into the streets below the temple.

Master Po nods and nocks three arrows and let's them fly.

The Champion easily knocks the one for his throat aside and grunts as the other two lodge in his right shoulder and right thigh. He slowly pulls them out and drops them as he steps to the center of the courtyard.

"My little ryu, there was a time when I could not hit you. Either I have gained much skill or you are troubled" Master Po says placing a green glowing hand on Tai's right shoulder and left thigh.

Tai closes his eyes as the healing takes effect. He realizes his left thigh was not going to be healed and he grinds some sulphurous ash in his hand and rubs it on the wound. Then he takes the flint and steel he lights his pipe with and sets the ash onfire. With his eyes still closed he bandages the wound.

"I am well, my Sensei" Tai says opening his eyes.

Gathering his crimson robes about him and unstringing his bow, Master Po steps forward to within two paces of Tai.

"Little ryu, the time has come, you must sleep and grieve" Master Po kneels gently in desai position and bows his forehead to the floor in front of Tai.

Tai looks down sternly. "Enough of that old friend. I am not your better" Tai tries to get him to raise his head.

Keeping his forehead to the floor Master Po says, "You are the Emperor of the Three Countries."

The Champion pulls with all his strength to get Master Po to raise his head. "I am just a simple monk in honor bound duty to this land's Empress. As you know, I cannot grieve for the deaths of my three children, until she remembers.

"listen to me, my little ryu" Master Po says as he taps his staff on the floor.

"When I find myself in times of trouble
Master Po comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
: let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
He is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer,
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer
And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow
: let it be
I wake up to the sound of music
Master Po comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: