Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

8th year

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tai Kwan Leap
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:58 pm Post subject: 8th year Reply with quote

The ancient looking man full of several lifetimes of wrinkles stared forward with his unseeing eyes.

"On the dawn of his eighth year with us, Tai Kwan is now joining our masters level defense class." Master Po said waving Tai Kwan forward.

The pathway before him was covered in a light pale paper. With each step forward, Tai left footprints ripped and torn into the paper. He stopped to within three arms length of Master Po and bowed his forehead to the floor in desai position.

"Little Ryu. The paper you just walked on is rice paper. Your fellow brothers take great care and time to prepare this paper. It takes them three months to produce the length you just walked upon" Master Po says his unseeing gaze crossing the room.

Several of the older monks were chuckling about Tai's predicament.

Tai raised his head slowly attempting to capture the sightless gaze of Master Po. His young eyes were full of tears for the dishonor he had just unknowingly wrought to three months of work.

"Give me a fortnight, and it will never happen again" Tai Kwan said with a steady voice.

The older monks now laughed out loud.

"It seems many of you forget our ways. Your laughter is not the support of a brotherhood" Master Po says slowly.

"But Master, he is a child. Many of us have been in your lessons for several years. Why should those of us of deserving rank tolerate this child" Hatoshi a high ranking monk asked.

Master Po stands from seated position to attack stance in a motion that seemed to flow like the purest water. Tai kept his face turned down.

"Hatoshi-san, pick three others. Any three. This is mastery level of defense. I want you and your three to break Tai Kwan's defense" Master Po said staring a hole into Hatoshi.

Hatoshi laughed aloud again. Master Po did not seem to move but an arrow from his basic location seemed to fly forth and land between Hatoshi's legs.

"Master Po, all due respect to you and your infirmities. This boy cannot possibly be allowed in this class" Hatoshi said.

Before he finished speaking another arrow split the one between his legs.

"The first one was to let you know I know where you are. The second one was to let you know it was no accident" Master Po said as he bowed.

Hatoshi looked around and nodded to three other men. They stepped forward and surrounded Tai Kwan at the four points of the compass.

"His wounds are on your hands, old fool" Hatoshi said as he raised his bokutu high.

"Little Ryu, stand with your eyes closed and simply hear your surroundings" Master Po said as he stepped back.

Tai Kwan slowly stood into defense position.

"You three grab him and hold him so that I might smite him" Hatoshi said smirking.

The other three stepped towards Tai Kwan and he held his hand up.

"Honorable brother, I am about to put my left foot on the right side of your cheek. I mean no disrespect" Tai Kwan said keeping his eyes closed.

"You presume too much youngling" Ochiro chuckled right before Tai Kwan's foot hit him in the head.

Hatoshi's face turned bright red. "You two, hold him still."

The other two jumped forward their bokotus weaving intricate patterns as they thrust and riposted to no avail.

"Noble brothers, do forgive me for what I am about to do" Tai Kwan said managing a formal bow in between knocking their bokuto's aside.

Using his size to his advantage, he ran up the shield of one grabbing his topknot and then flipping to the shoulders of the other and knotting their topknots. Then he pulled them to the ground and placed one foot on the tangled knots.

The other two struggled but frequent cuffs from Tai's feet kept them mostly quiet.

"Master Hatoshi, if you wish to approach please do" Tai Kwan said as he motioned his elder brother forward.

"You have no honor you impudent pup. Your father should have killed you as he was supposed to" Hatoshi screamed as he jumped at Tai with a no-dachi raised.

Tai stepped into his thrust, catching the blade in his hands and twisting it out of Hatoshi's hands. He gracefully spiraled up placing nerve punches with his hands and feet upon Hatoshi. At the height of his leap he bashed Hatoshi in the chin with his forehead.

Hatoshi fell to the ground, and Tai stepped up and placed his foot on Hatoshi's throat.

"Speak ill of my Sensei again, and I will make sure you keep your vow of chastity" Tai Kwan said as he kicked Hatoshi in the kidney.

"My students. Welcome to your exam. You pass on fail on how far you get with my little ryu" Master Po said as he waved blindly to the students.

"Do not make an enemy of me" Hatoshi grumbled.

Tai knelt down and grabbed Hatoshi's nostrils and pulled up.

"Understand. It is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog. I think I am the alpha male here. Do not dishonor yourself by making me mark you" Tai Kwan said as he let go of Hatoshi's nostrils.

Using his foot to push Hatoshi and his men to the side, Tai Kwan bowed to Master Po.

"I ask two weeks."
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: