Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

An old idea
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with pretty much everything there. I for one miss guild colors. They wouldn't have to be worn at all times, but it's helpful during battles and, honestly, fun.

Imprisonment I agree with. The rule could use a little tweaking but I mean when you think about it, 7 days is not that long a time to be in prison, especially since pretty much everyone in the community has alts that they play regularly! (hell, my main char was in prison for like two weeks a few years ago, and another for at least a week)

Seriously though, nothing is meant to be strict. Before every war, imprisonment, assassination, occupation, etc. it's pretty much accepted policy for the GM's to discuss it beforehand and decide what the rules will be.
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here realizes this was posted originally five years ago, and Seth was being facetious digging it up... right?
Tinkerbelle
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Strathmore wrote:
Everyone here realizes this was posted originally five years ago, and Seth was being facetious digging it up... right?

I did notice that; however, it is still relevant to our current situation. It brings up a lot of points that are worth discussing. As far as imprisonment, I was imprisoned for a week and sacrificed, but was saved at the last moment before succumbing to death. A week is not that long. Polly Pureheart took care of my vendor duties while I was incapacitated.
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkerbelle wrote:

I did notice that; however, it is still relevant to our current situation. It brings up a lot of points that are worth discussing. As far as imprisonment, I was imprisoned for a week and sacrificed, but was saved at the last moment before succumbing to death. A week is not that long. Polly Pureheart took care of my vendor duties while I was incapacitated.

That imprisonment was a D|O thing, correct? I remember that, I was playing the guy who wore a skull mask and swore alot.
Tinkerbelle
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That imprisonment was a D|O thing, correct? I remember that, I was playing the guy who wore a skull mask and swore alot.

Yup. That is correct. So you were one of those meanies! Laughing
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I wasn't able to rescue you while I was in D|O, as there were too many guards. Ivory was luckier, as I got her out relatively easy Surprised
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on thread res.

We already have rules Razz Everything extra is decided between GMs

(guilds must wear 2 colors?? wow.. lol)
Walter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy frack... bumping a 5 year old thread...

I'm in favor of a new rule to make everything simple... just take what Vaen says as god's will... so much simpler

[20:28] Inkari: walter=chuck norris

"What do you mean I can't sell castle deeds I create on Ebay?" - GM Darwin circa 1999
Takashi Mandaka
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

TayM'real wrote:
that seems like a somewhat narrow way to RP....would everyone have to be part of war-based plotlines to be involved?

I think part of the Realism in all RP guilds being warred to each other regardless, is that you have consequences to your actions. Regardless of how good an RP'r you are, knowing that your GM Carpenter is who you're RPing with, and knowing that regardless of how you play your character, no one could "smack" you a good one should you over step certain bounds THEY have, makes it a lot less realistic.

I don't believe this has anything to do with strictly "war based" plotlines, but putting everyone on even footing. If my character has a strong sense of self, and a weak ego.....calling him a douche would probably result in a smacking. Why should someone get away with that through "Blue" RP?

On the other hand, I agree 100% that you should be able to RP with a "Blue" just as well as any other character, but lets face it....certain folks will whoop your arse should you say the wrong thing in RL. That's why I'd support all RP guilds being in that same pot. If you're opposed to fighting, RP it that way. Keep war mechanics out of it.

Takashi Mandaka
Soke (Ret.), Blue Lotus Clan
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter wrote:
Holy frak... bumping a 5 year old thread...

I'm in favor of a new rule to make everything simple... just take what Vaen says as god's will... so much simpler

I support this and first state that all women should be nekkid.
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE ! HERE ! Most awsomest of new rules yet !!!!! Shocked
Tay Thormear
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it all, minus the imprisoniment, that should be tweeked. But its solid none the less. I like the fact that you can lose your land, and have to work and fight for it to claim it back.

But above ALL ELSE, I absolutely LOVE, the no warnings before raids. When I first started rping on Cats (and a bit on Atl) orcs would ALWAYS randomly raid skera brae tavern. And guilds would ALWAYS randomly raid the orc camp. It made things WAY more realistic and exciting. Because you never know when you're going to get jumped on..and it gives people a reason to want to train or practice with their guild. If you have the option of mass ICQing your guild and saying "Get here right now, five guys are gonna raid us" and 20 people log on for 10min...thats pointless. Raids are meant to catch the enemies off guard.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: