Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Step One

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:24 pm Post subject: Step One Reply with quote

Leaflets are tacked on every door in Sanctus. They read:

Greetings traveller,
As you may or may not know, the city of Sanctus (the city which you are in right now), forbids the practice of Necromancy. There is nothing wrong with this, as they can forbid certain practices within the boundaries of their territory. Normally, we, the Legion of Justice, would never intervene in such a situation. However, a line has been crossed. People are being put to death for practicing necromancy. Death! Just for using necromancy.

We, the Legion of Justice, offer protection to all necromancers within Sanctus. It will be our duty to make sure that such wrongful punishments will not occur.

And to you, citizen of Sanctus. If you truly believed in the virtue of "Compassion," you would not idly sit by and watch as people no worse and no better than you nor I are burned alive, simply for using Necromancy. So if you do follow the virtues, then aid us in this endeavor to put an end to this wrongful treatment. It is a great injustice, and it needs to be rectified.

*signed*
Vaen Swiftar
Proconsul
Legion of Justice

Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Vahn looks over the leaflets and sighs.

"How right he is. Seems compassion has abandoned these lands."

He looked up to the sky and stared for a moment.

"But what do you do when the code i try to live by conflicts with its self? Maybe Vaen will know the answear to that..."
Mairail Nazduin
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

His ethereal form floated through the streets of Sanctus. Through the ally ways and roads. A leaflet caught his eye and he floated towards it. After glancing over it he gave thought for a moment.

So it seems my death has become a catalyst of things to come. I told that low born king I would have my revenge, but I did not say in what form. Should be interesting to watch what these lowborn do to each other.

Mairail turned around and stared up towards Blackguard. His ethereal eyes staring with intent.

Uncle should hear of this...
Aeloth Nazduin
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeloth sat on his throne in deep thought, pondering the fate of the City of Sanctus. His thoughts were interrupred when Mairail approached the throne, hovering as a wraith.

"Uncle, I come with interesting news." Mairail moaned, still trapped between life and death.

Aeloth looked up, his eyes barely visible beneath his cowl. "Is that so? Go on..." He spoke in his dry, raspy voice.

"It seems that a group called the Legion of Justice is providing protection for Necromancers in Sanctus. Perhaps the blessing was a catalyst for this." Mairail spoke.

Aeloth quickly recalled the conversation he had with Vaen Swiftar the night before. How Aeloth despised the lowborn, but he'd not dare waste elven blood on what the lowborn could do for him. "So.. this has been made public now. Excellent." Aeloth spoke with a slight smile. "Now the lowborn City of Sanctus will learn it's true place."

Aeloth let the information soak for a few moments before dismissing Mairail, more than pleased that the lowborn would annihilate eachother.
Mallory Ventrue
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallory picked up a leaflet that was on the front stoop of the Hostel and she began reading it. The writing was familiar and as she read further along and came to the signature her heart skipped a beat. She had heard from Beowulf when she returned from her studies that the Legion had reformed. She had hoped that Vaen would once again contact her after their meeting in Minoc, but he did not. She read through it again and sighed softly. Vaen... Vaen.... what are you doing?? She agreed with what he had written, but she could not help but think that the majority of Sanctus would not see it the same way. She felt as though her heart was tearing in two. She had made an oath to Sanctus, but how could someone defend something they did not believe in. If Sanctus reacted to this the way she was certain they would, then once again she would be forced to decide which side she chose. She decided she would return to Ilshenar and hopefully her totem spirit guardian would somehow guide her in the right path.

Shabam 07:41PM actually meet me somewhere!
Shabam 07:41PM I looked at t.v....
Shabam 07:41PM and got lost

Ken 05:39PM You want to see the short of it?
Tay Thormear
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Beowulf layed back against the damp tree. His tunic and his shirt placed neatly on the mossy green ground. He linked his fingers behind his head with his feet kicked up upon a rock. Thoughts fluttered through his head as he gazed out at the ocean, from his comfortable sitting spot in Nujelm.

The night prior he spoke with Vaen, the two agreed that the law against necromancy was unfair in Sanctus. He had no idea what Vaen intended on doing until he read the leaflet that was crumpled on the ground in front of Hanse hostel.

Beowulf, one of Vaen's closest friends, stood by the proconsuls decision. He had distaste for most of the soldiers in Sanctus, the citizens were ok in his books though. Thoughts of a night earlier in the week rushed into his head. There was almost an unnecessary battle between Sanctus and Legion. He couldn't imagine the brutal outcome.

"We shall see what will happen with Sanctus. Will they change their law, or will they stand by it? Will it come down to Legion defending too many people or perhaps the wrong people? Time will only tell..."
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: