Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Center Point for Historical In-Game Community Lore
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Richard Ebonrune
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:14 pm Post subject: A Center Point for Historical In-Game Community Lore Reply with quote

Recently, I traveled the lands visiting the long forgotten cities, towns, structures, and places where history was made. A common trend amongst all these places is that they are vacant; rarely does anyone take the time to travel to these places. Ancient libraries, pieces of knowledge and memories of times past lay dormant and unused.

After reviewing all of these facts, I personally decided to undergo a large undertaking. As of now, I’m in the planning phase of constructing an in game location, which functions as a center point for community lore, memories, and knowledge.

The structure will contain as a central point, a library. Alongside a museum, a small rune library of community locations, and a Hall of Memories. I have been speaking with a few people about the acquisition of books and lore, and have met with a great deal of success, the library at it's current state should consist of over 1,000 player and NPC written books, a size I want to double by the time the project is complete.

The museum will consist of items of RP significance, I will not include any oddities, such as in game rares, the museum will consist entirely out of objects of Lore. As of now, the museum is made up of my personal collection of over 15 lore items, ranging from quest items, EM items, and items from role-play history.

The Hall of Memories will serve a special function, and I am still working out the details. The basic theme will be a place devoted to those who have left the realms, a place where a few items belonging to the person may be placed, as well as a book of their history and past. The only problem that is being worked through right now is the size of the Hall, so many people wish for their loved ones to be remembered, I am worried that a floor or two of the structure I am using will not be sufficient.

Finally, a Rune Library to all of the places of Atlantic Historical importance. Caina, Fogwood, Rivendell, even locations of past seer and EM events will be placed within the library, to help promote these places, and to raise community awareness of our history. Once again, like the museum, only runes of historical importance will be placed in the library.

Now, for the reason of this post. I have several questions and calls for aid to ask the members of the community. The first of which, is support for this project. I am placing a call for anyone who has in game books, items of lore, and anything pertaining to the community to contact me if they wish to donate, or allow them to be replicated for placement within the structure.

I am also placing a call out for any aid or volunteers who wish to participate in creating something of this magnitude. A few of the tasks I am working on now, is obtaining items and books, as well as finding thousands of Red Leaves to secure books with. Anyone who has any input, or any time to devote is welcomed.

Finally, in regards to this post, I want some feedback on this, whether or not you would visit a place like this, whether or not it is a good idea, etc...
Please respond to this post with any of the above suggestions, any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Contact Info:

Email: RichardMTC@hotmail.com
IRC: Richard[MTC]
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ICQ me at 79540250, ill help out anyway I can

Isilmea
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some things I like to donate as well and I have some books too... also I will gather some leaves for ya even if I have to grow them myself... I wish to support your efforts on this any way I can...

Last edited by Isilmea on Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my support as well. I have many books and items that players have left me to hold in memory of them and I would be glad to have them displayed as well. What a wonderful effort on your part. I was very involved in the seer quests and have many runes to those places as well. Let me know what I can do to help. You have my icq. Contact me when you wish to discuss it.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Govan
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:07 pm Post subject: Hall of Memories Reply with quote

You have my support.. I don't have very many, if any books, but I do have red leaves, and can have a steady stream of quite a few of them if need be. I'll also be glad to help out in any way I am able. Free free to icq me (13135246).

I'd also absolutely love to visit a place like that once it is done. I'm usually on a constant lookout for new places to go (or old places I've not yet visited).
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A wonderful idea! This location would help new-comers catch up on lore of the community. I will be sure to add what I can to this location!

Saints of the True Covenant Web Page
Vipralion
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!! This sounds great.

Do tell everyone where it is when it's done. 1000 books?? Double that by the time its finished? WOW!!!

Yea... I can see how a Hall of memories could get out of hand.

What size plot you using for this?
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadira built a hall of memories some time back with a similar theme. A book and object of those gone from the realm. The Charles Everblue Memorial Tower tho it stands as a memorial to others not just Charles.
Perhaps you two could coordinate your efforts or at least leave a rune to each others memorials.
Richard Ebonrune
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:46 pm Post subject: Plot Size... Reply with quote

Right now I have a 18x16 I was thinking of using. But I may be relocating somewhere else. I have had a few offers of people willing to host the project, another thought was to purchase two 18x18's beside each other, or an 18x18, and another larger house on the same screen. The 18x18 would be used for the library and museum, while the other house could be used for the hall of memories. Considering the great response to this idea, I have a feeling one building won't be enough.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea,, that's what I was thinking. Probably another building next to it. I can picture the hall now. Walking though looking at all the memories. That'll be cool.

THough I'll be reading in the library for awhile. Smile

Make it look nice!!! I don't wanna be reading in a dark dungeon. Hehee...
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i am definately willing to help, i would even like to know the location so i could try and get a house close by. I would definately like to help though. my icq is 340859835 let me know how i can help. I still have my cross bow bolt that i got hit with during the orcish invasion of moonglow.

"Fri Jan 14 20:07:01 2005 [08:45:38] Kuja: ghaahahahahahha...ha..h.a..... NOTHING TO FREAKING DO IN GAME GAH"

Some things never change even after 4 years...
Rhama
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all very pretty and interesting, but making an all RP monument hardly gives any consistence to the game or dying RP. Besides, if people wanted to make a monument or museum of their own, they would, that way you would have more museums scattered arround for people to visit. That would give people something to work about on their own.
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I have been around long enough to help.. or have anything to donate...

But if you ever want a copy of any of my songs.. or anything.. or even the book "What Would Poet Do" that was a yuletide gift for Baeleron...

Let me know
Aleph
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:11 am Post subject: Argh- To think on all that was lost... Reply with quote

It is fortunate, however, that some things were saved. So many books were lost- better to give what I little I have, than to risk losing even one more thing to decay.

Great idea Richard, outside of donations, let me know what I can do to help.

-AA
Inkari Northwind
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i know im not big on the rp circuit much these days. But this idea is really something. I have some items I can donate. I also would love to help a in game historic musuem is just...well a spectacular idea. Icq me anytime 253372859 I would love to help in any way i could donate house sit whatever.

AKA Kurbda' PwNub
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: