Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Second Try

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
?
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:44 pm Post subject: A Second Try Reply with quote

By this time, rumors have been spread about a society being formed for some mysterious reason. No one knows if these rumors are true, but the rumors themselves are as widespread as a forest fire. Where the rumor started is unknown, which presents a new problem for anyone involved.

The rumors involve a small band of criminals getting together with the intention to overthrow the Regency through both force and political nature... and although some of the rumor is based in fact, none of it has been proven to be true.

But some people truly believe that something is to happen.

Truth and Charity are sitting at a local tavern discussing these rumors. They aren't upset that the word is out -- in fact, they are glad. Panic is one of the things they were looking forward to.

Truth was the first to speak of the rumors.

"So what are people saying?"
"They are calling us a band of criminals. Poor, wretched folk who have no business struggling for power."
Truth laughed at the notion. "Of course, of course. Now everyone's out to protect the Regency."
"This is a good thing?" Charity asked.
"Of course. The Regency is not our goal. It never has been. And it's the perfect diversion. You think the Regency controls the whole of Britannia?"
"Then who does?" the woman asked sarcastically.

Truth grinned and took a sip of wine. "By the time we're done, we will."

Charity laughed at him now. "You really expect that the world will give itself to us on a silver platter?"

Truth shrugged. "I was thinking more of a sharpened guillotine."

A half hour went by, and the subject changed multiple times. It finally rested on the discussion of their partnership.

"So, what of the other three? Have they been taken care of?" Truth asked.
Charity grinned. "Of course. They were easy to take out."
"Well, I warned them what the penalty for mutiny would be. They tried to sell us out, and we were left with no options. But now they need to be replaced."
"If I may," Charity began, "I think whoever we find to replace them should not know who you are. I mean, that's what led to the other three betraying us and trying to turn us in. You can observe people, take notes, decide on who would be best to join us, and have me take care of the personal matters."

Truth thought about this for a moment. "I think it's a great idea. I'll do that. When I want you to meet with someone, I'll contact you about it."

They toasted to their future achievements and finished up quietly. Charity left first to avoid suspicions, and after much contemplation, Truth finally tipped the barkeep and went home for the night.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: