Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

While no one was looking...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:31 am Post subject: While no one was looking... Reply with quote

Keeping only a few people to guard over the encampment outside of Luna's wall, a group of the Dark Order, quietly walked into the gate that was provided some distance away from camp. After talking to Mave, Joespeh and Inkari, and hearing their idea and plan, I decided it might be worth to check it out.

The group of men arrived inside a house somewhere in the Cove area of Felucia. The men were quiet, for we knew why we were here. I turned to Mave, who lives here if the people suspect anything, and he assured me they did not. Mave then stated that Spawn lives in a house by the shore but he is away at the moment, probably at Sanctus or helping with the guarding of Luna. Looking outside through the window showed me that there were only a few dim lights showing, probably from fireplaces. I smiled and nodded on deciding to take up their suggestions.

I turned to the men and divided them into small groups. "You know what to do." Each nodded in turn and slipped out into the night.

Walking outside, I heard only the slight clinking of metal from armor as soldiers walked to different houses. Almost in unison, the breaking of wood from doors could be hear through out Cove, mixed with a couple screams from women and outrage from men. After I reached the front of Cove's gates, a line of citizens was formed with some of the Order guarding over them.

"This area is now under the control and protection of the Dark Order." I smiled slightly then stated, "Does anyone object to this?"

More then a few men and women stepped forward in defiance to my proclamation. I nodded to Joeseph who then threw down a pile of weapons at the citizens feet. And I turned to the citizens in defiance, "If you think us as invaders as we are not for a couple of our members live here already now, then you may defend yourselves." And I pointed to the weapons in front of them.

The peasants suddenly became more fearful of their situation. None of them made a move towards the weapons. As they were contemplating members of the Dark Order started seperating the rest of the line with the ones that spoke out against what was said. They started glancing back and forth, to the fellow citizens they have known for some time to the new Order of the area. A few women started to cry. As to give them more incentive, a few members proded with their weapons the outspoken people towards the weapons on the ground.

Seeing no hope out of this, one by one they started to pick up the weapons. One man, shedding some tears ripped away from his wife to charge me. Inkari stepped forward cut him down just before he reached me. Without blinking, even when some blood sprayed a line across my face, I gave the order to put down the rebellious ones. The ones that chose to defy us died quickly against skilled swordsman.

After cleaning off the blood I turned to the group of scared people now huddling together. "You all may live and carry on with your lives. It is indeed sad to see people you know die infront of you. I know this personally. But with time one grows strong and moves on with their lives. As you all will. Nothing much has changed this night. Cove is now under our protection which we will give fully. No more will you need to worry about the Orc's at the fort near by. No need to fear from murderers and thieves. You will be well protected. You can even have a better life if you wish to be inlisted into our Order. Just follow our laws and pay your taxes, and things will be better off for you then they were before. You may now all return to your houses or bury your friends."

I then turned to the soldiers. "Go to the houses of the dead that lay on the ground, take what you want. If the house is to your liking take it, if not, burn it down and build one in name of the Dark Order."

And so it came to be that structures owned by the Dark Order were formed over the days in Cove felucia. Guard Towers, a Tavern and a few houses were made in the area.

(OOC. If anyone wishes to be a citizen on our citizen stone to be repressed and taxed, please contact me. Those people that already have that you can be on the stone as soon as today if you wish. Thanks)
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple hours after the Dark Order's takeover of Cove, Vaen had been out looking around Felucca for murderers, looking to bring them to Justice. After feeling rather exhausted, he started heading to the town of Cove, looking to rest for a short while. Before entering the gates however, he peered in to see members of the Dark Order watching over the citizens.

Vaen whispered to himself, "What are they doing here...?"

Vaen then saw some of the order use brute force upon the citizens merely because they were whispering to eachother and laughing.

Vaen shook his head, and readied his blade to charge in. He then saw the masses of Dark Order gather around Tarothin, and Vaen knew he stood no chance against them.

Vaen took out a pen and some paper and quickly wrote a note that read "Spreading yourself too thin, Tarothin" and signed it. He tied the note to a rock and hurled it over the wall, and it landed close to the members of the Order. Vaen mounted his horse and quickly rode off.
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Takes the message from a soldier that found it and reads it.

"Hmm...spred my forces to thin? The Order grows weekly Vaen. More an more troops we gather." Smiles, "And besides, this is our home now. No need to worry, Vaen...I have plans of setting up a council to rule over Luna. It will not just be our forces."

"People shall learn..."

Walks back to oversee the completion of another guard tower.
Spawn
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:23 pm Post subject: A Step Forward Reply with quote

Spawn quietly sat in his office in Sanctus doing some paperwork. A moment later, there was knock at the door.

"Come..." Spawn commanded. His servant Alastair entered from the doorway and greeted him. "Ahh Alastair, what brings you here?" asked Spawn.

"Well sir, we have a problem" Alastair replied in a low tone. Spawn leaned back in his chair and looked at his servant with concern.

"Problem? What is wrong?" Spawn asked. Alastair looked down with a frown.

"Sir, it seems that Cove has been taken over by the same men you fought in Luna...The Dark Order I believe" replied Alastair. Spawn stood up and walked to his servant. "And sir...they know where you live" said Alastair while looking at Spawn with a worried look.

"We will not need to worry about Tarothin and his order my friend" Spawn said as he put his hand on his servant's shoulder. "I have decided to sell the house and move elsewhere" Spawn added as he walked back to his desk and pondered for a moment.

"But sir, where will we go?" Alastair asked.

"We will have to wait and see...Maybe I will find someplace near Sanctus" Spawn replied.

"Sounds very good sir" Alastair said with a grin.

"Yes...but for now you will stay at the Hostel" Spawn said. Alastair nodded and walked out of the office. Spawn sat down at his desk and continued his work.

[OOC Note: My house is now for sale. See my post in the Merchant Emporium for more information]
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkari awoke yawned and streatched. He stode to the kitchen and poured himself a warm cup of tea. Cleared his eyes of crust and gave a short cough. He peered out the window sleeply and realized. "Im at Maves..." he paused. He then caught a memory of last nights thrill ride of stealth and rightouness.

Siping on the tea he headed to the top of the Tower, to catch the sun rise. As the sun rose he peered across the land. Watched the citizens of the Cove go about thier buisness, but something caught his attention. The roudiness of a tavern across the ways. As he looked a man was thrown out the doors of the structure. Only to be meet by a curtosy duel of the warriors being civilized with a shot of liqour followed by a blood bath.

Inkari couldent help but fill a rise out of his heart. The cold, damp, solitary harmony he's felt since leaving his Kingdom to be rampaged by various goverments. Was surely leaving his soul...he has found a home. Inkari smiled, and finished his cup of tea. With a short nod to a neighbor Inkari boarded his horse and rode off to the town to see further developments grining all the way.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: