Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

OOC (out of character) Hostility

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order
View previous topic :: View next topic
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 am Post subject: OOC (out of character) Hostility Reply with quote

Bad. Very bad.

The ooc Hostility monster takes many forms. (The Drama Queen seed, Ego whiner seed, & most commonly Miscommunication).
So far, that ooc monster hasn't visited us yet, & I'd like to keep it away as long as possible because it REALLY makes the game so unfun.

ALL of us can have a seed sneak it's way into our bowels from time to time. No shame in that. It's human nature.

The biggest weapon to combat the ooc hostility monster is communication.
TALK to your guild brothers/sisters. It's amazing the effect you guys have had on each other already to turn what could've been a bad situation into a fun one, or at least a non-issue. If there is a problem, bring it my attention, or Taro's or Enoch's if you can't get me.

Temper:
Do NOT act on a situation filled with ooc hostility when you KNOW there is no leader available atm to handle it. Just leave it, or your buddy alone, until it can be handled.
(Like breaking rules to kill someone because your mad ooc or your buddy is ooc mad/crying.)
It's childish behavior and highly disrespectful to everyone in the Dark Order.
Know this because it's true: There is NO ONE outside the guild that can do terrible damage to our guild unless we allow it ourselves. This is for all members including myself.
We will stand by our own. We will protect our own. But when one of our own does something that is a total disrepect to everyone in the guild, we should not aid in that disrespect. If a brother or sister is about to do something stupid, let them know (maybe they aren't thinking clearly and need a reminder), but please do not help them break rules. You might be watching their back at the expense of everyone else's.

Meshing:
At times we might get a new guildmate in that fits all requirements, but for some reason, either known or unknown, they might just not mesh well with some brothers. Usually all thats needed is time. Time to get to know the person better, or time for them to learn to seperate their ic & ooc personality in chat. If, however, that isn't the case, make sure you make one of the leaders aware of it, even if theres nothing solid you can put your finger on. It's an indication of something that needs watching because you guys tend to have good instincts about things. Worse comes to worse, we'll resign the one not meshing out of the guild if it's causing an issue. Just please know that you really need to seperate how your character feels about someone versus how you feel about the character. (ex: personally I (the player) wouldn't get along with the character of Juks and wouldn't like him, but oocly the player of Juks is a great guy that I have alot of fun with. ((Imryrr likes him, Juks. There's no problem. I just needed an example lol))

Guild vs Guild Meshing
There are several in a certain guild that my character just doesn't like, but oocly, I'm fine with them so theres no ooc issues. However, there can be a problem if theres a few of us that don't like several members of a guild oocly. If I find thats the case with any guild in the future, we will probably not have alot of rp contact with them unless necessary for the world domination plot as a whole. Think of it as a good test of personal control and keep some tums handy. *grins*

With THAT said, theres a few guilds that are just plain fun to pvp against. Not because they are ooc bootyholes but because they are fun guys. The best rp enemies we'll ever have fun with will be the ones we like oocly. And will most probably be the main reason why I'm wary to ally with them.

Protecting Character PvP Reputation:
Not everyone can be the Michael Jordan of pvp, and even Jordan missed a few baskets in his day. If your rping a character that is a bad bass, don't try to protect that reputation by refusing to pvp especially when the rp calls for pvp action. You get seen all talk and no action. A coward. A wussy. Whatever that language is at the moment. And honestly, if it happens repeatedly, it starts becoming the truth. Pvping and being defeated doesnt make you look half as bad as running away from it in the first place. No one expects anyone to win every single time. The main thing is to have the gonads to give it a shot.
IF however, you really aren't in the mood for pvp, don't go to areas where there could be enemy/hostile characters. This includes all public areas in the game. If you need to bank, go to one known to be a quiet one. If you need to buy/sell something oocly, get on another (non TD|O) character and advertise. But please, if you don't listen to that advice, at least don't complain you got attacked or ganked. In essence, when people rp their characters when your around and try to attack you because of it, but you don't feel like pvp, your basically trying to force them to NOT rp their characters the way they would or should....wtf?

Being Ganked:
Believe it or not, its not that bad. If your travelling outside your own territory alone, and sometimes even in your territory, and an enemy guild attacks with several people, expect to be ganked. Period. If your alone and you see an Urk, and you pick on that single Urk, expect to be ganked because Urks aren't that stupid. They gank. It is their way and would be odd, outside of honor duel, for them to do it any other way. Anyone coming to attack /raid/etc on our lands should already have given an agreed upon raid warning, though, so if you get ganked on your own territory and there was no known raid to take place, expect to be ganked, BUT tell the rest of the guild or at least a leader (leave a msg in icq or in PM if you need to). Because invading enemy territory wi/out agreed upon terms breaks the community ROE and the leaders will need to handle that asap. It doesn't have to get ugly. Most of the time its just the matter of simple miscommunication somewhere down the line that needs to be cleared up/corrected. Personally, for my own ego, I'd rather be ganked by many ppl than brought down by one lone person. That way I can claim they had to bring many to bring me down. Haha!
I highly suggest that travel outside Dark Order territory not be done alone for a couple of reasons but thats just a suggestion and I know it's not possible to do it all the time. Would rather us travel in packs in case we need to sack a place that insulted us or denied us hospitality or what have you, anyway. And by the way, we WILL arrest, kidnap, enslave or gank, depending on how it's rp'd if we see a known lone enemy. Same as we would a group. It depends on how generous we feel at the time. Twisted Evil
Hawk/ICQ#: 617689603
Enoch: "now I'm gonna have to make up some lich version of poo"

Last edited by = Imryrr Armunn = on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this post and I hope you will post a general purpose version to the guidebook for all.

Thank you for writing it.
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thanks, sis..errrr aunt.

If I post something publicly, anyone in or out of the TD|O can copy it anywhere they'd like. Smile
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness, it is a good post and should be used as a guideline.

We are all a part of a family and should be treated as such.

If not I will kill you a lot!!

*mumbles* except for juks in which case I will just nibble on his shins.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and done. Thanks again, Imy!
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Cein for doing it!
No telling when I woulda gotten around to it, and by then I mighta forgotten.

Now someone needs to write how not to get hostile in icq or chat....I could use some pointers. LOL!

Taro, thanks.
And, you do realize that rez killing your daughter is child abuse right?
rhiokobayashi
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi im new here im rhio kobayashi.i find ur post interested as im reading it..it is a good post and should be used as a guideline to those who are new comers..keep it coming thanks for sharing this to us Very Happy
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: