Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Centralized Roleplay Location
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic

Where should a Centralized Roleplay Location be?
Skara Brae Town (bank/community center area)
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Britain Fair Grounds
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Rotating Tavern Nights should be extended for one week and that Guild hosts, a nuetral location.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I dont think we should have one and I have a better suggestion below.
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Britain (near the bank or castle?)
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 38

Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 pm Post subject: Centralized Roleplay Location Reply with quote

Please vote on what you want in regards to a centralized RP location. I have taken an array of suggestions from the other posts and put them here so that we can see what is the most popular idea. Please keep in mind if a player run town was built we can always move this at a later time.

Please note Rotating Tavern nights in different locations will be left as they are and will not be changed by this.

Last edited by Merci d'Rue on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Arahim
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anything but a jointly run town that lived and breathed, created by -us- as being a good solution. Where you'd go to buy a horse, or have repairs done, or buy a drink.
Lady LaBelle
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Britain. Player-run towns involve purchasing houses, multiple accounts ect ect. There are plenty of towns already existent in UO. They have every building one could need for any activity one could desire. Player run towns are nice and all, but I am not interested in seeing everyone's home design talent or expensive items they have hoarded. Not to mention the exposure that might be obtained just by being active in an already existing town. Please explain to me why a player built/run town is better than utilizing one of the towns that already exist? In addition, calling it a centralized role play location is miss-leading. Perhaps OOC it might be considered as such, but IC it should have all the reasons to become a "hub" of sorts, different for each of our characters...an OOC poll is not a valid reason for any of our characters to begin migrating anywhere period.

~Player of LaBelle~
Joanna Weaver
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

Location: ~Magincia~ Republic of Magincia Administrator @}'~,~'<[M]>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer LaBelle's suggestion for the reasons she gives.

I think commerce gives people a much better reason to come together in one place, from all sides of the karma.
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Britain is claimable. I don't know who will claim it. I guess if the community agreed we could make it Nuetral to all.

I can add it to the poll for now.
Lady LaBelle
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why the place chosen must be "neutral"
Are not so many looking for conflict? Economics could bring us somewhere, then
arise conflict if it might. I think it makes it even more feasible.
Sid
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the old meeting places should be used hanses peots garden or Maggies? (west of Luna bank) taverns were always good for random rp and I still go to hanses and someone usaully comes around,also I see alot of rp'ers in New Haven and tokuno bank area,both of those have taverns near by.so I abstain from the current choices as I belive a tavern should be a general meeting place
Acheron
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that resource control would be part of the landclaims........i also like the effects some kind of economics resource control trade right such and such would have on the community.
aulbrey
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

although i like player run towns and what not but as mentioned before that takes extra accounts/money. i just feel that for this project the existing towns in game might better serve the idea behind it. the buildings are already in place, the npc's are there to sell the goods for us. i went with skara for couple of reasons but mainly because its small enough to where if we do rp there the chances of us running into each other are better.

but then again what do i know im just a drunk *grins showing one tooth*
Acheron
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

id think a player run town would be better than a npc town because of the customzation and belle is right it would have to be a reason individually for each character ic to go to such hub but thats why you make it customizable cause it could have a tavern church mage tower dueling pit jousting arena marketplace workshop library theatre candlestick maker indian chief and would have the ability to evolve......making them public buildings like those would stop it from being a rares show n tell
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that any spot where, even if the person himself isn't neutral, they accept all, will work. I seriously hate the "I am evil so I wouldn't go here," thought. That's true under most circumstances, but tavern night was supposed to almost be a "United Nations" type thing. Sure, you're evil. You don't normally go to Hanse's, but this week, they've got to accept you. You just have to follow their rules.

At the same time, tavern night becomes stressful to me. It's a little overwhelming and I can't keep track of the conversations easily. (alright the six year old asking for dragon tales probably doesn't help). However, I remember Poets being so comfortable to rp in. Especially the large table and the far away quiet tables. Heck, in spite of themselves, at one time Umbra was the spot. Sure, you knew it was the area of sin, but the set up meant you could be with everyone, or discussing something secret in the background. The great part? The background people were there for the rp, almost like, "we got a secret, bring your spies" thing.

I say pick one, and we'll all run with it. I LOVE Poet's due to its size and where it is, but anywhere everyone agrees would work for me. The reason for Poet's is also he doesn't have to always be there. It's rigged to work hands free. That's rather nice: the Gyob, get your own beer atmosphere. Smile
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Inkari Northwind
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

what ever happened to the mage tower and city built around it idea?...dunno

AKA Kurbda' PwNub
Pia Longlimbs
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I go with LaBella's comments. and will add a few of my own:

Poet's would be good (if he agrees, of course) since it can be used by anyone. The only problem with poet's is that voices do bleed through the floors and it is not centrally located.

I think the fairgrounds would be ideal....... lot of space and separate areas there, would be good for holding all sorts of events, I do not feel we need a neutral territory, we have so many of those already. The problem now for many is that we lack the ability for casual conflict, disagreements, etc., which may or may not lead to some excellent and extemporaneous rp. A side benefit is that it is located near a major market area, and could easily draw individuals who are not currently involved in rp. Good for recruiting new players as some think it is necessary.

Is there any reason to maintain the land maps indicating who owns what territory (or territories)? Perhaps the land maps need to reflect only where taverns and Guild Houses are located at present. If it fits future scenarios, land claims could be be opened at sometime in the future.

My opinion, no need to throw stones about it. Not sure we are ready for a vote on this as yet. We have a long way to go yet to bring some life into the community
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate and thankyou for all your constructive and helpful comments. This poll tells us all what we are thinking and wanting. I want the community to make this decision because I can not do this on my own or alone. If you have not voted yet please do, even if it is to say, I dont want this, heres a better suggestion.

There is a chance that we could rotate these places on a monthly basis, (if thats what people want) as many places are being mentioned I have not put up there. However first I wanted to hear if people would even support this.

The past few nights I and some others that are logged in to the game, have been doing test runs, meeting up at different places giving it a bit of a trial.(meeting up via communicating in RP Chat) I am trying this idea in game just to see whose on what response it gets and sorta get an idea of how it will work or if it will work. Discussion is great but it is only the beginning, how things play out in game sometimes doesnt work as we expect. I would like to thank all those who participated and have popped in. I hope some of you will log in and join us in the future.

Please Note: As for a player run town and mage tower, that was not my idea, that was Inkari talking about making a player run town and Beleth talking about a council involving the Atlantic mage tower. (See the Change and evolve post for more on this and the discussion and responses.) At this point I will be happy to support any effort to improve RP in game and if they can get their ideas going, then great. Yet I did not want to hold this up waiting for things that take a lot more time to set up. So I went ahead and started this poll and that is why I noted at the top that this location can always be changed at a later date. (If that is what we want)
Zerin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do this, why not New Haven? People from various rp guilds seem to go there a lot anyway and the city has all the npc facilities that might be needed. The entire island is also already neutral territory, as it isn't even marked as a territory on the map. On top of that, there are almost always people present. This would mean people not familiar with rp getting to observe rp interaction and perhaps get curious and try poking their noses into it.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: