Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Sleeping Dead

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Chad Ryley
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 pm Post subject: The Sleeping Dead Reply with quote

(Note: Repost from years past in lore)

“So this is where vampires live.” Chad screwed up his face in anticipation of disgust as he slid his dagger under the lid of the coffin and pried it up a crack.

“They don’t live. And stop that.” Paytience swatted his hand away from the coffin exasperatedly. “If I have to tell you one more time, I’m cutting that hand off.”

“That’s a’ight, I’m sure Skidmark could use a midnight snack. Or a midday snack. What’s the word for that? You know the one normal people use. OH YES. Lunch.”

Paytience stifled a chuckle. “Don’t call him Skidmark. I’m sure they can hear us, ya jerk.”

“I think it’s more like hibernation. “ Chad scratched his chin thoughtfully. “I heard somewhere that they sleep real hard. Can’t wake up. That’s why they need us to guard them. “ He slid his dagger beneath the lid again.

“Goddamn it, Chad, I’m gonna beat you.” Paytience spoke in a harsh but hushed tone

Chad grinned broadly, blue eyes sparkling mischievously. “Promise?”

Paytience rolled her eyes and blew her hair out of her face. “Just guard them. Don’t bounce things off the coffins. Don’t peek inside. Just guard. Think you can manage that, Miss Prissy?”

Chad gave her a flustered look. “Miss….?”

“Yeah. Nice skirt.”

“It’s a sarong.” Chad furrowed his brow.

“Glad you could dress up for the occasion anyway. Your boobs look like they’re on fire. Put on a shirt, for gods’ sakes.” Paytience turned back to the secret entrance and leaned against the wall, kryss in hand.

Chad looked down at his tattoos. “I don’t have boobs. They’re CALLED pecs. And those are tribal sun rays. I want the world to know that the sun does, indeed, rise and set on my pecs.”

“Pfft.” Paytience huffed indignantly.

Chad grinned. He wouldn’t tell the truth if she’d asked. And she’d never ask. She’s a spitfire, though, I’ll give her that. Cute too. Too bad the gods gave her a mouth.

Last edited by Chad Ryley on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chad Ryley
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

“A banana? Really?” Paytience looked at the fruit that Chad offered from his perch sitting cross-legged atop a coffin.

“You got somethin’ against bananas?” Chad grinned.

“Why do you get a peach and I get a banana?” Paytience narrowed her eyes.

Chad only grinned more broadly in reply and held the banana out pointing at her nose, an inch from her face. “It’s nature’s perfect food.”

Paytience slapped the banana, sending it sailing and bouncing off another coffin. “Get that banana outta my face.”

Chad looked hurt. “You really need to deal with some of your fruit anger issues. Besides, no fair bouncing things off coffins. You won’t let me do it.”

“Get off the coffin. It’s almost sunset. You know what Ancy and Cezanne said. We leave at sunset, not a minute after.” Paytience waited, but Chad didn’t budge. He was engrossed in overly-enjoying his piece of fruit.

“Hello? Boobs? Sunset?”

“Not coming down until you apologize.” Chad shot her a sparkling mischievous look and took another bite of the peach.

“I’m sorry you’re a little wench.” Pay glared.

“There, was that so hard?” Chad grinned. “Now eat the banana.”

“I’m NOT eating that banana. I don’t know where it’s been.” Paytience picked it up and examined it.

Chad turned his eyes deliberately away from her as he reveled in the juicy peach. Paytience sighed exasperatedly and began to peel the banana.

“Slowly, sloooowly…make me forget all my troubles.” Chad watched, enthralled.

“You’re a pig, Chad.”

Chad watched as Paytience lifted the banana, licking her lips suggestively, and then took a vicious bite, chewing it exaggeratedly as she glared at him.

“Ahhh…” his exclamation came out in a half-whisper. “Why would you DO that?”

“Get -off- the coffin.”

“A’ight, damn. See if I ever bring dinner for you again.” Chad slid down off the coffin, landing with a thump on the floor of the catacomb.

Outside, the sun was setting, and it was time for haste to usher them out the secret door. He flipped Paytience’s ponytail on the way past as he made for the door. “You shouldn’t eat fruit you find on the floor of a crypt anyhow. You never know where it’s been.” He ducked the swipe at the back of his head and loped out the door into the fading rays of twilight.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: