Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Sneak Peak: The New Britannian Repertory

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 pm Post subject: Sneak Peak: The New Britannian Repertory Reply with quote

After a long period of lapse, I've spent the past few months rebuilding and reconstructing the Britannian Repertory. The goal this time around was to use the vast amounts of books and lore, and perfect what we currently have, rather than try to free up lockdowns and force more books in.

As a first step, I fixed and redecorated all the floors, and made them all accessible to the public. The library is also now linked to the Goodman's Rune Library teleporter nexus, Winterbreeze Rune Library and the Abyss house through the use of house teleporters.

The second part of the reconstruction was the books and shelves themselves. Using all my experience with building and assisting in over a dozen different book libraries, I performed a massive reorganization using all the resources and ideas at my disposal.

The following are the changes that were involved in the reconstruction of the shelves and books:

• All shelves are cataloged and listed in a master index that lists each shelf and what it contains.
  • All books in each shelf are alphabetized.
  • The books in each shelf are dyed using plant dyes according to their category.
  • Each shelf is now labeled using both a book and an engraving tool, to allow for easier navigation.
  • Each book located on top of each shelf has an alphabetical listing of the books in that shelf.
  • All duplicate books have been removed.
  • Shelves with little content have had their selection greatly expanded (Biographies, Poetry, Politics).
  • All books with overly OOC content, irrelevant content, or overly short content have been removed.
  • Each book has been aligned and properly organized in each pack to allow for ease of reading and navigation.
  • All books were transitioned to the same style (the blue/purple 40 page books) for organizational and aesthetic purposes.
  • Over 400 books have been removed, and 350 books have been added, maintaining a number just over 1,500 books.
  • Any unsealed books have been sealed, and any shelves, books or bags with improper access have been fixed.

The announcement of the reconstruction will be sent to all the major fansites this week. Feel free to check the new Repertory out and provide any feedback before the announcement goes live.

For directions and information on how to reach the Repertory, please see here.

Also, I would like to give a special thanks to Ceinwyn, Isk, Ariana, Beleth, Dealthegar, Darrien, Kero and everyone else who has helped accomplish the Repertory reconstruction.
Joanna Weaver
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

Location: ~Magincia~ Republic of Magincia Administrator @}'~,~'<[M]>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That Library should be blessed and coated in shiny gold by EA. You put more work into it then half the staff over there at Origin used to.

Awesome job!
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic in its greatness. Fantastic effort, Im amazed
Ariana Lenoir
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all that you do for the rp community and the players of UO. *smiles*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an awesome place.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
JCtheBuilder
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am jealous of your full bookshelves.

Good work.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I made more improvements based off some feedback, and I've sent off notices to all fansites this afternoon. Everyone check it out if you already haven't!
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice project, thank you for all the hard work of those involved!
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I've told you this lately.
But you're fracking awesome.
Brianha ‎(10:04 PM):
lol oh no worries with teasing.. it takes ALOT to get me really goin
Brianha12:54 AM
cool... i will hook up with you tomorrow night ... maybe you can help move my chests too
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, what you do is invaluable, couldnt put a price on it.

The place is amazing!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: