Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Coming Home
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:46 pm Post subject: Coming Home Reply with quote

So I kinda want to come back to UO just so I can see how everyone is doing and stuff. You know the gig.

Only problem is that I don't know how in the hell I'm supposed to get UO for this laptop. Its not like I can FIND a copy of the game anymore, which leaves me to one option.

Can I download Ultima Online?

And if so, where can I do this? I'd like to bring Dan back to the community for an undetermined amount of time, if that is fine with you all. Kinda want to start where I left off with him and whatnot.

Anyone have a solution? Wink
TayM'real
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.uoherald.com/trial/
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. Welcome home. PM me.
Xana
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a great thing to hear. I know a confused tamer who'd be glad to run into her friend.

Welcome back!
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So I upgraded my account to this "Stygian Abyss" expansion. Does that mean it'll let me download the client, as well as the whole game now? If not, where do I go to get it?
Sir Robert
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow Tay's link. Every UO client is automatically patched up to the same state. It is the account that determines what can be used, not what you installed.

Though this be madnes, yet there's method in't
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went to that website that had Ultima Online as a trial, and I reactivated my account. Took me about 6 hours to d/l it all with this rubbish connection I have up here, but it is DONE! My only problem now is that whenever I try to start it up, I guess there was an ERROR in the patching so it lets me start the client, but whenever I try to log in I always get a "Could not contact Origin. Please restart Ultima Online or try again later". I know it can't be down, so I can either delete the patch that I got and try again, try to reinstall UO, or just pray and keep relogging. Rolling Eyes

Anyone have a solution? Supposedly I have "Patch 9" and that is all it says. Am I way far behind patch-wise? What should I do?
Baevin Kilduis
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
So I went to that website that had Ultima Online as a trial, and I reactivated my account. Took me about 6 hours to d/l it all with this rubbish connection I have up here, but it is DONE! My only problem now is that whenever I try to start it up, I guess there was an ERROR in the patching so it lets me start the client, but whenever I try to log in I always get a "Could not contact Origin. Please restart Ultima Online or try again later". I know it can't be down, so I can either delete the patch that I got and try again, try to reinstall UO, or just pray and keep relogging. Rolling Eyes

Anyone have a solution? Supposedly I have "Patch 9" and that is all it says. Am I way far behind patch-wise? What should I do?

I've not been able to patch for a couple weeks, and am terrified of trying to figure out how to make it work. Maybe it's not just me.
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here girly!

If it isn't just us, less work for us I suppose!
Wynn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you are using Windows 7 you have to run it as administrator and run all patches that way too . Had to learn the hard way on that. Hope it helps.
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynn wrote:
IF you are using Windows 7 you have to run it as administrator and run all patches that way too . Had to learn the hard way on that. Hope it helps.

Ah, I see! Well lets see here...

*hammer bang*

Well Wynn, I'm afraid that I was already logged in as the Administrator when this happened, and it still won't let me apply the patch. I tried going to UO.com to fix the problem, but all that UO.com had for me was to uninstall it, use my Disk Cleaner, reboot, Defrag my computer, restart, then try to install UO again. I did this, but whenever I installed UO again I got the same message.

Not sure what to do from here. If you want to check it out for yourself, hit up www.support.ea.com website that told me what to do, maybe I misread the instructions or something.

Any feedback would be helpful! Hate to waste an month's pay on an account if I can't use it!
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, alright, hold up. Found something on EA that may very well be my problem:

"There may have been an isse while the patch was downloading that caused a file to remain in the patch folder. This will cause the patch to fail. To resolve this, locate the Patch folder within the Ultima Online directory on the hard drive and delete any files contained in the folder. Once this is completed, launch the game from the Windows Start menu. This will re-start the patching process."

My only problem is that I am in my Program Files now, and I looked the Ultima Online folder. There isn't a single PATCH folder to be found though, so where do I go from here? Does anyone know where it may be? Have they ever had to deal with this folder before? Pweeze helpz teh Danz. Confused
Xana
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done everything they suggest with the exception of uninstalling the client. From what I have been hearing and reading, even that isn't the way to fix it.

Still I am unable to patch properly. I am not about to uninstall and lose all my settings only to find it's not going to work.

This is an issue they're going to have to fix on their end, I'm really starting to believe that. I also think it's seriously lame of their support page to suggest that it's everybody's hard drive and bad sectors.

Funny how all of a sudden people are having all these problems with the game and we're supposed to think we've got bad sectors. Blah!
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't get UO to patch. So there is no use payin' for an account if I can't get on UO.

False alarm! Sorry guys. Confused
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

try uninstall and reinstall.
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: