Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Nostolgia PWNs Me
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm Post subject: Nostolgia PWNs Me Reply with quote

So I've been playing a billion and six MMO's, and come to realize, no matter how cool the interface is, how awesome the game is and how groundbreaking the graphics engine is, nobody has been able to come close to the amazing roleplaying I had in UO.

It was close in City of Heroes, but only on the good guys side. As soon as things got evil, everyone got uncomfortable.

I miss evil.

I miss cutting off someone pinky and sending it as a threat to thier loved ones and people thinging "that was awesome" not "eew, too graphic"

I miss seducing the young prince or princess with the intent of using them to increase my power and reach, and the roleplayers involved going "wow, your character is a truly evil bastard, Bravo" rather than when I try to seduce the young hero with the intent of stealing her magical super powers having players go "what are you some sort of creepy pedobear?"

I miss walking into a gathering of people from "the other side" with two or three of my cohorts on my arm and watching a spontaniously roleplayed confrontation break out and everyone having a great time, rather than the entire situation simply being ignored because "we couldn't do anything...we didn't write it up ahead of time".

So I'm digging through my boxes now to see if i can find my old account information and reopen my account.

If i can't find my old info, I may just have to open a trial account and recreate Dealthy.

I miss the big D. I miss being part of community, where I could be simultaniously be hated and wanted by both the good guys and the bad guys in game, and have in character conflicts have nothing to do with the players at the keyboards.

So I guess my biggest wonder - who of the peeps I chummed around with are still around?

I know Aleph hasn't come back, but I hear Grapey is around now and again. I saw Molly on the boards.

Lily?
Anna?
Unity?
Jaedra?
Martin?

Are any remnants of the Dark Awakening still lurking?

The Three Truths of Singularity

Do something to the best of your abilty or don't do it at all
Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death
Control your being, your existance, your destiny.

www.adriandrake.com
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

May I say welcome back to you then and hope you find all that rp you loved. Actually I hope I am in the room in which the spontaneous rp sets off when you walk in. *grins*

Just remember the landscape has changed, and perhaps not all are as they were. Some of your old friends are probalby not here yet. But new ones await.

The heart of rp is alive and well and I cant wait for another to return its fold, or should I say its addiction.

See you in game!
Arakad
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah CoH was alright; but the RP that people tried to do was far to scripted...LOTRO was pretty good its borderline the same ...
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first question.....

The last expansion I got was Lord Blaththorne's Revenge. Yikes.

am i going to have to buy all the expansions up til now, or with the new client coming out have they just upgraded everyone to them?

Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death

www.adriandrake.com
Samon Triest
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealthagar! Comrade! Tis I, Mark Randerstill/Artero Kingston. I remember discussing your books, wrestling, and UO on ICQ back in the day. Come back to us. It is required. Also... Join MTC.
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealthagar wrote:
Ok, first question.....

am i going to have to buy all the expansions up til now, or with the new client coming out have they just upgraded everyone to them?

Good news, for all who log on, they get all the way up to ML, free. *grins* (good timing!)
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Darrien Church
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

An enclave of OESers old and new, as well as a collection of a few other aged Rpers are gathered in Umbra under the SKL banner. Feel free to check our sub-forum on this board and Q me.

As for DA! and Technomancy, Unity actually got in contact with me briefly recently, but I missed him alas.
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Dealth
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 Dealthy Very Happy I really only lurk around here. There's a lot of old schooler hate, and I don't really even know how to play the game anymore. I do still have an active account though. Good to see ya man Smile
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is a face I have not seen in sometime. Good to see you again Dealth. Regretfully I have not seen Anna and a majority of the old DA members for sometime but it seems everyone eventually comes full circle and back to these forums before to long and I hope they do as well.

It is wonderful to see you again and I can only hope we see some other old names come out from the woodwork to drop in and let us know how they are doing.
Atlantic News
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealthagar wrote:
Ok, first question.....

Everyone who pays for UO gets mondains legacy for free.
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! It's so awesome to see the reception!

So, I'm DLing the client as we speak, and I talked to the wife, and she agrees, RP is lacking in other games, and I write best when I'm RPing heavily....

And I remembered my old account info...

So I'll prolly be on in a couple hours.

www.adriandrake.com
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy mixing the old blood (returning or remaining) with the new. There's always so much to take from either side. So a hearty welcome back! I look forward to seeing you in game.
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, long time no see Dealth. This is Dragoona, I've grown a lot since my noob days. I think I'm the only person left who has a character that does the technomancy thing, ICQ me! 75175659!
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

We do technomancy Sad
and your account will be caught up to the present when its activated.
Mondain's legacy that is.

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: