Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

NEW Community chat system. (mIRC)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Deacon
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:02 pm Post subject: NEW Community chat system. (mIRC) Reply with quote

OK, so I made a mIRC channel (Think of it as a real time chat room for ARPC, cause it is) for the ARPC community to use. Its sole purpose is to better organize everyone within the ARPC for better communication and give the ability to find and streamline RP.

Ive noticed that its been somewhat difficult at times to find ppl to interact with. This should give everyone a real time communication tool to set up RP on the fly rather than have to post and wait days to organize everyone. I want to be perfectly clear that this is not a replacement but a supplement to what is already inplace.

I promise if everyone registers we should see a much higher quantity as well as quality of RP, which im sure everyone here is after.

VISTA USERS....YOU MAY NEED TO RIGHT CLICK THE ICON AND CHOOSE RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

mIRC info:

Server: DeepIRC
Channel: UO-ARPC

So having said that I will do a WALKTHROUGH for those of you that are not familiar with mIRC.

mIRC although it looks difficult is very easy.

Simply download the client at www.mIRC.com (Its FREE, it will ask you to register but you dont have to, i havent for 3 years.)

Then follow these 5 VERY easy steps.

Step 1:

Fillout the detail info using your info as shown:

Step 2 :

Click on the server tab on the left and scroll down to DeepIRC as shown, then click the select button. And then press CONNECT.

Step 3:

After pressing connect you will be connected to the server. Now you have to choose a channel. Type UO-ARPC as shown and press join.

Step 4.

Next we are setting you to your user name. Type what is shown, replacing 12345 with your password and replace your email and press enter. You will receive an email with your confirmation. Go to your email and copy and paste the confirmation code into the client. It will look like this.

To confirm your registration with NickServ, type the following command /MSG NickServ@services,deepirc,net CONFIRM yzHTNz5F1bs4XJ

After confirming your account by pasting the confirmation code recieved via email as described in the previous step move onto step 5.

Step 5:

This step simply logs you in. You will do this each time you log in, type what is shown in the next image and replace 12345 with your password we created earlier.

And thats it, I truely hope that everyone at least gives it a try. I have been involved in quite a few RP communities FF11, UO, EQ, WOW and mIRC is a great way to organize everyones efforts as well as give an immediate communication tool to find each other. We all play alts im sure. This will also help those that may be online but on an alt due to slow rp to find others that are trying to find RP as well.

If you have any question please feel free to ask me I will help you in anyway I can.

Last edited by Deacon on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Foxy_Aristocracy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! I'll get it set up tonight. Smile
Jessie
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, will also do so.
TayM'real
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

coo - guess i'll reinstall it Very Happy

isn't there some kind of option like this in the KR client and expected in the SA client as well?
Malicite
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to bursteth your bubble, but there is an old, established IRC channel that some people still use on uo.stratics.com. The room name is #atlantic. It has been around for at least 7 or 8 years.
Valentein
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Except it was sort of established that nobody does use #Atlantic, and in my experience is pretty much the place people who used to play UO go to complain about people who still play UO, and discuss their WoW exploits and groceries.
Deacon
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:00 pm Post subject: Yup Reply with quote

Malicite wrote:
Not to bursteth your bubble, but there is an old, established IRC channel that some people still use on uo.stratics.com. The room name is #atlantic. It has been around for at least 7 or 8 years.

I was told that it wasnt very active. Im hoping the "newness" of the channel with get ppl involved as well as marketing it to simply let ppl know that it exists. I mean obvously I along many others didnt even know #atlantic existed let alone the login details.

And if no one gets on its no biggy ill just shut it down.
Jessie
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Installing and setting up now. I'll plug it to everyone on my contact list and hint at people I meet ingame to join the channel as well.
Arabella Adams
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get into it and figure out how to download it ... anyone can Wink Ken can vouche for my computer ignorance lol... so yeah get your butts in here.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignorance doesn't quite describe it.
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

dont hold back or anything ken *punches you*.. I am so making fudge and eating it all now.. yup and I will take pics too.. none for you.. all for me
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Becky. I'm still enjoying my vacation.
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As you like to say "you are dead to me"
Deacon
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

/bump
Molly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would chime in here a bit.

I have found over the years that IRC can take away game time from people because they spend all their time there and don't roleplay. I drop in from time to time but as with any chat/im, realtime, etc., it can be great for planning but people tend to "hang out" there instead of in game and loose site of the roleplay that brought us together. I stop in from time to time to see who is around but that is the limit of it for me. And yes, #Atlantic is where I do the "dropping in" because I have been registered there for 10 years. *smiles* It is good to see old faces there from time to time.

I would not suggest getting too tied up in IRC because it promotes gossip and can sometimes hurt more than it helps. Get in game and roleplay your character is my suggestion and just use that forum for planning.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: