Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

End Of My Reign
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 am Post subject: End Of My Reign Reply with quote

When I first created Realm of Umbra, it was my intent to give players a guild that would last longer than a few months. We fared much better than that, thanks to the wonderful crew we have had over the years, lasting from 9/14/2006 until 7/06/2009. Nearly three years. After having been a GM for that long, plus the 8 months or so as a GM of Druids of Britannia, I feel it is time that I stepped down and allowed the younger or newer people of the community to step up.

I am announcing the disbanding of Realm of Umbra. All lands we control will be released back to the ARPC, including the home base.

You may be wondering why I have opted to disband, rather than leave someone else in command. I feel that better RP will come of a disband, for all. You will most likely see a cult or two pop up in the area from the remaining members as they decide how they wish to proceed in the wake of this incident. Perhaps the drow will expand or Darrien will take over. I am certain that whatever happens, will be good RP for all.

I will move all the lore I have gathered through the years from the Realm of Umbra forum to the Adventurer's Guidebook, here on the ARPC forum, for reference. Also, I will continue my duties as map updater, if that is fine with you all.

I want to thank all of you for making our interactions through the years a pleasant and enjoyable experience. I will still be RPing and just as active within the community, I am not quitting. I will still be around as Ceinwyn. I look forward to seeing you all in game.
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, if I never told you before. I have admired what you have done with Umbra and keeping evil active and the community the fun. Thank you. You're efforts dont go unnoticed. Don't stop being nasty Twisted Evil
Morio_Kitsune
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*Posters pop up though out the lands* wanting employment.... arguementive Kitsune, fairly good with a bow.... little military experiance....

Will miss umbra loads however.... <3 Cein and enjoy the break
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what my character is today is due to Umbra. Maelwyn/Ceinwyn was my first gm, alot of my high rp knowledge and standards, Lore of our community was taught to me by her and the people in druids I met. Myrddin, Malikhia, Willow and then we went on and grew and joined Umbra and it had glorious years. I am not happy to see its end but I respect the decision you have made. Tho there were times that we did not see eye to eye I do not let what you have given to me to all of us go..Take care, I see now how much work it is to run a guild and I admire the years you put into Umbra.

Much love,
Wisty
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. I'm in shock..
It will be interesting to see where all the Umbrans go from here
Malicite
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...wtf? Really? Talk about a plot twist!

Ceinwyn, I may have missed much of the days of Umbra, but I can tell you this, you have done great work! The community will miss Umbra...
Jessie
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the roleplay I had with you Ceinwyn, but I gotta say...

People, she's not dying. Umbra isn't being deleted from Malas. It's still there, and so are the people that make it their home. Now we'll just see multiple little cults and groups sprout up in place of one overarching guild tag.

There will still be RP in Umbra. You can be Umbran without :U: above your head.
Alaundril Do'Rhett
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the infighting ensue my dark bretheren.
Kinn
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Alaundril Do'Rhett wrote:
Let the infighting ensue my dark bretheren.

The light guilds multiply like rabbits. Established light guilds are getting bigger, old light guilds are revamping recruitment efforts and brand new light guilds are sprouting up weekly it seems.

And one of the major faces of darkness in the land is coming to an end. Perfect.

*sigh*
Jessie
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just consider it a testament to the self sufficiency of "evil" as a force. "Good" has to organize itself and get approval from legions of peers before it can figure out what it even stands for, whereas evil can pretty much get by without any organization whatsoever, and just infects already existing groups and individuals.

I mean, not that I believe that at all, but it sounds good, right?

Cheer up. "Evil" will never die. If it dissolves, the "Light" guilds have no purpose and stagnate. Give it a little bit. Someone'll do something.
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be interesting.... Embarassed

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Zarlox
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your interaction and effort with Umbra over the years. I look forward to seeing where things go from here.
Alaundril Do'Rhett
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, remember there are plenty of guilds on the Dark Side that have been laying low and quiet for a long time. This will help further the dynamic RP we've been seeing. Not to discredit Ceinwyn or Umbra at all. As both have been friends since I've lived in Umbra IG and Ceinwyn since I started roleplaying on Atlantic. Both have done large amounts to bring this community forward and they really have set a standard. I will miss the guild and what it had to offer.
There are plenty of bad guy guilds out there right now that I think will be more than willing to "do something". The Syndicate operates out of Umbra and so does Matron Kal's House. I'm sure others will come to the call as well.

EDIT: Also, I want to add that any displaced Umbrans are welcome to come and talk to The Boss. Cool

Last edited by Alaundril Do'Rhett on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davaran Skyfire
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a pleasure. I served for a short time as a bar tender, and I had the pleasure of receiving a hearty beating in my first few days of Ultima by Cein in a small scuffle near the Blood letters during battle. For the record, the first thing I thought when I heard word of this,

Sindreline
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so evil inside I am now up to the highest bidder for my services as a sword wielding necro
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: